Sideways french braid

Sideways french braid

October 5th, 2011, 8:32 am #1

When I find a new style, I like to try it out on my friend first. It helps me to work out what the hell I am ment to be doing with my fingers lol.

Here is my latest attempts of doing something new, on my lovely friend - who has longer and thicker hair than me... can you feel the jealousy?

~*Sakura*~
2a/F/ii
24/25/BSL (27)

October 5th, 2011, 9:07 am #2

You do fine work. Can't wait to see it on your hair, it will be equally lovely.

1BFii
Hair: All natural dark brown and silver.
Washing: Once or twice a week. Condition from ears on down. Cold as I can stand it final rinse.
Shampoo/Conditioner:Aubrey's Honeysuckle Rose Shampoo and Conditioner. Nature's Gate Organics Biotin Shampoo and Conditioner.
Wide tooth comb
Kind Regards,
lacemitts
Last edited by lacemitts on October 5th, 2011, 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

October 5th, 2011, 9:27 am #3

When I find a new style, I like to try it out on my friend first. It helps me to work out what the hell I am ment to be doing with my fingers lol.

Here is my latest attempts of doing something new, on my lovely friend - who has longer and thicker hair than me... can you feel the jealousy?

~*Sakura*~
2a/F/ii
24/25/BSL (27)
I love how the braid looks. You are so proficient at braiding! And your friend has pretty hair. Don't worry, I'm sure your braid will look pretty as your friend's

Hair type: 2b/M/C/iii
Current length: classic
Primary goal: thickening the ends

Hair journal:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/663765

Routine:
- NW/SO on the scalp, with periodical length
washes (Alverde birke-salbei shampoo for the length)
- brushing, scritching, preening and massaging daily
- occasional S&D trims
- trimming the ends whenever they start looking funny
Hair type: 2b/M/C/iii
Current length: classic+
Current goal: knee

Current routine:
~ alternating a NW/SO (no water/sebum only) routine with occasional washes. I use the techniques of NW/SO (brushing, scritching and preening) almost daily, but I do a shampoo wash every month or two.

Products and tools:
~ Alverde Birke-Salbei shampoo
~ occasionally oiling the ends with either coconut or almond oil; currently experimenting with argan oil
~ an assortment of BBBs
~ Tangle Teezer/Tangle Angel & wide-tooth comb
~ hair friendly hair toys, for putting up hair and forgetting about it

Hair journal (rarely updated nowadays):
http://www.network54.com/Forum/663765

mermayd
mermayd

October 5th, 2011, 2:26 pm #4

~*Sakura*~
2a/F/ii
24/25/BSL (27)
Love the outcome of that braid!

mermayd

October 5th, 2011, 4:01 pm #5

~*Sakura*~
2a/F/ii
24/25/BSL (27)
I could do French braids. I'm able to do them on myself, though my hair is thin, so it's hard to get it very tight. When I try to do a French braid on someone else, it is a disaster, LOL! You have a knack, and it turned out very pretty. I'm sure you'll be able to transfer that knowledge to doing it on yourself. Have fun!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

June 2009 in Odessa, Ukraine, by the Black Sea

2C-3B/N/i (1.5" ponytail)
16"/18.5"/26" (BSL)
brown with gray--start using using henna/indigo, or embrace the natural?
43 years old

[I originally found the Loom and started measuring back in April 2007 (17.5"), but with such thin, scraggly looking hair from my health issues and major post-adoption stress, I've been so disappointed and have gotten a few big cuts, only reaching 23.5" at the end of September 2010. Now I'm starting all over again!]

wash 2x a week with Chagrin Valley shampoo bars / AO honeysuckle rose conditioner occasionally / ACV-and-water/infusion rinse frequently
EVCO overnight or for 30 minutes on scalp and ends before washing 1x a week
just started scalp massages
trying extremely light EVCO oiling for flighty canopy when needed
wooden comb, air drying, some scrunching, not much fussing, no products, no brushing, finger combing between washes

battling autoimmune hypothyroidism and the major shedding it has caused for the last five years or so, as well as the disastrous effects of post-adoption stress (very evident in the first April 2011 pic in my signature)

October 5th, 2011, 8:32 pm #6

~*Sakura*~
2a/F/ii
24/25/BSL (27)
You did a great job, it looks really pretty!  I used to do this when my hair was shorter.  It just doesn't look right on me with my hair this long.  The last time I did it on myself, my hair was probably bsl.  Your friend is lucky to have you do her hair.

My hair journal:http://www.network54.com/Forum/496746/
1bniii Hair Type - Length:45 1/2" Goal: 48" Products - Currently Using:
Organix Shampoo & Conditioners
CV & Lush Shampoo Bars w/vinegar rinse
Monoi or Virgin de Coco Creme on ends daily
Shea Butter Creamy Souffle as pre-wash conditioner. Wash 1-2 times a week. Wide tooth wood & bakelite combs. TT on wet hair. BBB sometimes. Braid before bed and oil ends.

October 5th, 2011, 9:00 pm #7

~*Sakura*~
2a/F/ii
24/25/BSL (27)
It looks really nice! This is one of my favorite styles to do on myself when I have time to do something more than a hairstick bun. I always end up wrapping the tail into a bun though, b/c I can never get the last little bit behind my ear tight enough for my own tastes.

Kace

Hair type: 2c/n/ii

28.5/32/35

Current routine: CWC 3 times a week, occasional ACV rinse, coconut oil on ends daily

October 5th, 2011, 9:18 pm #8

~*Sakura*~
2a/F/ii
24/25/BSL (27)

Such kind words, I will keep you posted with my experimentation. I would love to see yours too, for ideas

Im trying to be more adventurous with my hair as I grow it.

Much love

~*Sakura*~
2a/F/ii
24/25/BSL (27)

October 8th, 2011, 10:50 pm #9

Here is my own, after a days wear - hence it looking tatty and fluffy. But none the less, here it is:

~*Sakura*~
2a/F/ii
24/25/BSL (27)

lacemitts
lacemitts

October 9th, 2011, 12:46 am #10

Sure wish I had your skills!

October 9th, 2011, 4:05 am #11

Here is my own, after a days wear - hence it looking tatty and fluffy. But none the less, here it is:

~*Sakura*~
2a/F/ii
24/25/BSL (27)
Really love that look on you! My daughter had her hair this way the other day; she told me that our younger daughter did it for her.

16"/18.5"/26" (BSL)
brown with gray--start using using henna/indigo, or embrace the natural?
43 years old

[I originally found the Loom and started measuring back in April 2007 (17.5"), but with such thin, scraggly looking hair from my health issues and major post-adoption stress, I've been so disappointed and have gotten a few big cuts, only reaching 23.5" at the end of September 2010. Now I'm starting all over again!]

wash 2x a week with Chagrin Valley shampoo bars / AO honeysuckle rose conditioner occasionally / ACV-and-water/infusion rinse frequently
EVCO overnight or for 30 minutes on scalp and ends before washing 1x a week
trying extremely light EVCO oiling for flighty canopy when needed
wooden comb, air drying, some scrunching, not much fussing, no products, no brushing, finger combing between washes

battling autoimmune hypothyroidism and the major shedding it has caused for the last five years or so, as well as the disastrous effects of post-adoption stress (very evident in the first April 2011 pic in my signature)

October 10th, 2011, 9:02 pm #12

~*Sakura*~
2a/F/ii
24/25/BSL (27)
Here's mine.  I was trying to get my bangs to stay back in it, so it's not as far to the side as I would like.  And wrapped into a bun.

Shea Butter Creamy Souffle as pre-wash conditioner. Wash 1-2 times a week. Wide tooth wood & bakelite combs. TT on wet hair. BBB sometimes. Braid before bed and oil ends.

October 10th, 2011, 10:43 pm #13

I hope to be able to braid my hair when it's longer. You have such pretty hair, and it looks great in the braid, especially with the bun.

16"/18.5"/26" (BSL)
brown with gray--embracing the natural for now
43 years old

shaking up my routine and trying a sort of Curly Girl / Live Curly Live Free regimen with natural conditioner like AO and possibly making my own
wooden comb or fingers, scrunching, air drying, no brushing

battling autoimmune hypothyroidism and major shedding for the last 5 years or so, as well as the disastrous effects of post-adoption stress (very evident in the first April 2011 pic in my signature)

October 11th, 2011, 12:02 am #14

Here's mine.  I was trying to get my bangs to stay back in it, so it's not as far to the side as I would like.  And wrapped into a bun.

Wow, wish I could do that on my hair. Even more I wish I could have your hair and the braid!

1BFii
Hair: All natural dark brown and silver.
Washing: Once or twice a week. Condition from ears on down. Cold as I can stand it final rinse.
Shampoo/Conditioner:Aubrey's Honeysuckle Rose Shampoo and Conditioner. Nature's Gate Organics Biotin Shampoo and Conditioner.
Wide tooth comb
Kind Regards,
lacemitts

October 12th, 2011, 11:36 am #15

Your hair is so shiny the highlights in it look especially pretty when braided also. I really like your version with the added braided bun at the bottom - a simple updo for girlys with much longer hair than me. I just dont have enough hair yet for the bun to look "full" enough. I will remember it for the future though

Thanks for sharing

Confirmation of reply: