Read And Respond Please...

Read And Respond Please...

March 23rd, 2012, 7:56 pm #1

I think Jules once did something like this once upon a time...Just for fun and information, time permitting check in at this post if you are a lurker, an occasional visitor, or a regular. newbie or an oldster from way back. If time permits, let us know what you are up to, or just note you saw this post. Let's see how many people visit, say for a week? Thanks!
Last edited by lacemitts on March 24th, 2012, 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 23rd, 2012, 9:09 pm #2

I'm still around. I'm still maintaining my around 36" not sitting on it zone. I have a job that didn't change that.

In September 2009 I got a job and washed the floors on the night shift at a small Kroger for 13 months and then they contracted floors out. To my knowledge I was the last Kroger employee to do the floors in my area or possibly the state or more. But I took the option to move to the meat department and I'm still wrapping meat and stocking the lunchmeat and frozen meat and I've now been in the department longer than I did floors.

Last year I started doing some couponing and I've started a blog about my shopping trips and such. Its called PurpleBubba $aves
http://purplebubbasaves.blogspot.com/

I have not been doing much Hair forum posting anywhere. I've mostly been on FB playing games when not working.

So that's where its easiest to find me these days. If you search for me and see the same avatar you've found me.

Before & After Last Trim
~ 3"/ 36"+/ Maintaining 36-40" ~

~ My Journal ~ "PurpleBubba's Periodical Prose of Ponderings" ~
http://s7.invisionfree.com/The_Hair_Car ... owtopic=12

~ My Hair Care Articles ~
http://angelfire.com/mi/bbubba/LHC/Articles.html

~ My Other Links ~

~ The Hair Care Family ~ Forums
http://z7.invisionfree.com/The_Hair_Car ... hp?act=idx

March 23rd, 2012, 9:26 pm #3

I think Jules once did something like this once upon a time...Just for fun and information, time permitting check in at this post if you are a lurker, an occasional visitor, or a regular. newbie or an oldster from way back. If time permits, let us know what you are up to, or just note you saw this post. Let's see how many people visit, say for a week? Thanks!
Saturday morning and I'm having a late breakfast before getting busy with housework. My parents arrive tomorrow for a three-week stay and I'd like the house to be a little tidier than it is now.

My hair is just shy of tailbone and at times I think it's looking as if it's thickening up. The goal is to get back to tailbone and then maintain. Apart from the silver - which I have a love-hate relationship with - I'm enjoying my hair again. Well mostly. Sometimes I see a photo of myself with it up (probably because I just about always wear it up) and think it's rather unbecoming, but when it's down I'm happy with it.

I've also started using shampoo once a week when I do CWC and 'poo bars for scalp washing every other time. I was having problems again with my length never looking clean. Probably a combination of technique and water so I decided to change things around a bit. This seems to work really well for me especially with a new leave-in I've been using (shea butter, coconut oil, avocado oil, almond oil, honey, and aloe vera gel).

Did I really start such a thread before? I can't remember. Perhaps the credit should go to someone else?

Progress from June 2006 - January 2011

2a/M/ii
Mid-Dark brown with natural red and silver highlights; fringe/bangs.
Starting length: 25"/62.5cm (BSL)
Current length: 33.5" (Cut back from 38.5" February 2011 following a massive shed.)
New Goal: Healthy hair that I'm happy with!

Current routine: Oil lightly before washing with a mix of olive, coconut, avocado and almond oils. Scalp wash every second to third day using Chagrin Valley shampoo bars. Finish with acidic rinse (1 tsp ACV or lime juice to 2 cups of water or herbal tea). A'kin conditioner on the ends when I feel it needs it.
Other: Oiling when required with avocado and almond oil or shea butter; S&D when I think of it; BBB; wooden comb; Mason Pearson comb; hair sticks, Flexi-8's, Ficcare, and other hair friendly toys.

'Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfailing beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.' 1 Peter 3:3-4

My Website

On Eagles' Wings (My Blog)

My Method for Scalp Washes

Hair Journey Began in June 2006 ...

Hair Type: 2a/M/ii
Hair Colour: Dark brown with natural red and silver highlights (more silver than red nowadays)
Initial Goal length: 36" (Tailbone)
Setback: Major shed in 2010 when at 38"
New Goal: Healthy hair that I'm happy with! (Preferably tailbone with thick hemline.

Current Routine
CWCA: C = condition the length with conditioner or shea butter; W = wash the scalp using diluted organic shampoo; Condition = small amount of conditioner on ends; A = acidic rinse, either ACV or citric acid; Frequency = once a week. In-between times, scalp washes as required.
Tips for super soft hair = Wash with Miracle Water. Finish up with LOC (Liquid = water; Oil = almond/olive/avocado oils; Cream = aloe vera gel)
Other: Regular micro-trims; light oiling on dry hair a few times a week; BBB; wooden comb; Mason Pearson comb; hair sticks, Flexi-8's, Ficcare, and other hair friendly toys.

'Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfailing beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.' 1 Peter 3:3-4

March 24th, 2012, 9:05 am #4

I got a new job, grey hair and all, and I'm in classes for the new position. So I'm working full time now and I just don't have the time I used to.

My DH had a heart attack this week and is in ICU. I've been back and forth to the hospital. He will be ok. My hair isn't a priority right now. Although, complete strangers (3 in one day!) are coming up to talk to me and compliment my hair.

Christmas 08 April 09

Close up of my gray hair.

Oil on ends just before combing to help with snarls, 2x a day.

Shampoo every 5 days
Experimenting with ACV, coconut oil, and honey.

Started measuring August 06, at 36.5 inches
1cCii ~ Natural Silver

I am 54 year old and I've been married for 35 years!!

July 1st 07 - Reached 40 inches
July 14 07 - Cut back to 36.5
August 3rd 08 - Reached 40 inches again.
January 1 09 Reached 43 and classic achieved! Cut for a better hemline.
April thru June 40 still. sigh...
March 2010 Classic!!!

36.5/42.5/Classic

Faithful to barbers - they actually trim 1/8th of an inch!!

March 24th, 2012, 10:30 am #5

I check in here a couple times a week. I've been trying to grow out the demi-perm color I quit using 18 months or so ago, clean up my ends and thicken my hemline. I feel it's going well and am maintaining right around 32 inches. I had forgotten how many natural highlights my hair had while I was coloring and they've really started coming through again lately, so that makes me happy

In my non-hair life, I gave birth to my second daughter Thursday morning! Some of you may remember the picture of me and my oldest, the baby with all the dark hair? Well, number 2 looks just like her older sister. I get to use all those bows and hair clips all over again! We also got a Collie puppy a month ago, so a fur-baby and a newborn added to my now-toddler little girl is going to make life busy for awhile, but I'm so loving my life and looking forward to watching them all grow up! :D

Kace

Hair type: 2c/n/ii

28.5/32/35

Current routine: CWC 3 times a week, occasional ACV rinse, coconut oil on ends daily

March 24th, 2012, 12:28 pm #6

And very clever to boot! Thank you for starting the thread, Lace

I post regularly, although I don't post much about my hair. There's nothing interesting happening in that department anyway. Every morning I undo my sleep braid, comb my hair and style it. I brush my hair and preen either in the morning or in the evening. And that's pretty much it. Benign neglect I just put my hair out of the way, so I'm not tempted to examine split ends and my hemline all the time. And it works just fine. My hair is currently hovering around classic, as I've been trimming periodically to thicken up the hemline. My hemline is bettering, ever so slowly, but I think there is some progress.

Hair type: 2b/M/C/iii
Current length: classic
Primary goal: thickening the ends

Hair journal:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/663765

Routine:
- NW/SO on the scalp, with periodical length
washes (Alverde birke-salbei shampoo for the length)
- brushing, scritching, preening and massaging daily
- occasional S&D trims
- trimming the ends whenever they start looking funny
Current length: classic+
Current goal: knee

Current routine:
~ alternating a NW/SO (no water/sebum only) routine with occasional washes. I use the techniques of NW/SO (brushing, scritching and preening) almost daily, but I do a shampoo wash every month or two.

Products and tools:
~ Alverde Birke-Salbei shampoo
~ occasionally oiling the ends with either coconut or almond oil; currently experimenting with argan oil
~ an assortment of BBBs
~ Tangle Teezer/Tangle Angel & wide-tooth comb
~ hair friendly hair toys, for putting up hair and forgetting about it

Hair journal (rarely updated nowadays):

March 24th, 2012, 12:32 pm #7

I check in here a couple times a week. I've been trying to grow out the demi-perm color I quit using 18 months or so ago, clean up my ends and thicken my hemline. I feel it's going well and am maintaining right around 32 inches. I had forgotten how many natural highlights my hair had while I was coloring and they've really started coming through again lately, so that makes me happy

In my non-hair life, I gave birth to my second daughter Thursday morning! Some of you may remember the picture of me and my oldest, the baby with all the dark hair? Well, number 2 looks just like her older sister. I get to use all those bows and hair clips all over again! We also got a Collie puppy a month ago, so a fur-baby and a newborn added to my now-toddler little girl is going to make life busy for awhile, but I'm so loving my life and looking forward to watching them all grow up! :D

Kace

28.5/32/35

Current routine: CWC 3 times a week, occasional ACV rinse, coconut oil on ends daily
Congrats on the new baby girl! I've been thinking about you, and I'm happy to see that your life is going well, and that your family is well too Take care! I'm glad you checked in!

Hair journal:

Routine:
- occasional S&D trims
Current length: classic+
Current goal: knee

Current routine:
~ alternating a NW/SO (no water/sebum only) routine with occasional washes. I use the techniques of NW/SO (brushing, scritching and preening) almost daily, but I do a shampoo wash every month or two.

Products and tools:
~ Alverde Birke-Salbei shampoo
~ occasionally oiling the ends with either coconut or almond oil; currently experimenting with argan oil
~ an assortment of BBBs
~ Tangle Teezer/Tangle Angel & wide-tooth comb
~ hair friendly hair toys, for putting up hair and forgetting about it

Hair journal (rarely updated nowadays):

March 24th, 2012, 5:13 pm #8

I check in here a couple of times a week but I haven't been posting much because I have been super busy getting a new mobility scooter and trying to get it ready for Anime Boston in a couple of weeks.

Hair-wise, I'm enjoying my new length--my recent trim to hip was the best decision for me. I've been wearing my hair down or in half-ups a lot more, which has led to a very bad addiction to buying hair slides (I have some gorgeous ones!) After Anime Boston I'll try to get some pictures of all my latest acquisitions.

1a/bFii
Currently:
Hip 30"
Organix Coconut shampoo and conditioner
Avocado butter on the ends nightly, a light bit on length when wearing it down

Fox

March 24th, 2012, 5:45 pm #9

I got a new job, grey hair and all, and I'm in classes for the new position. So I'm working full time now and I just don't have the time I used to.

My DH had a heart attack this week and is in ICU. I've been back and forth to the hospital. He will be ok. My hair isn't a priority right now. Although, complete strangers (3 in one day!) are coming up to talk to me and compliment my hair.

Christmas 08 April 09

Shampoo every 5 days

1cCii ~ Natural Silver

March 2010 Classic!!!

36.5/42.5/Classic

I will be praying for you and him! I am glad you are getting hair compliments too. Sometimes when we are just in our normal areas of life people are used to seeing us, but when we go somewhere new, then you're a new vision of loveliness to someone. Your hair is beautiful and I'm glad you are getting compliments! I hope my hair will be just like yours some day.

-Fox

January 2010
Special thanks to Carlynn for my custom doll signature!
17/32.75/40+ Type 2CMii (3B underneath layer) Somewhat fine, slightly wavy (with curls on the underneath layer), Hennaed Auburn. F.L.A. Ranking, Colonel. To see more pictures, click on the gallery collection link found here:<a href="">http://www.geocities.com/ifoxbox/ForeverFox.html> Forever Fox </a>
My Journal: <a href="">http://www.longhairloom.com/foxjournal.htm> Faithfully Fox </a>

Want custom sticks? Please visit: Sticks and Stones, Hairsticks by Fox

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, they will become your character. Develop your character for it becomes your destiny." -John MacArthur

"Love makes you beautiful" - quote from my nephew at age 7

Products Used:

Ida's Shampoo Bars

Aubrey Organics S&C
Nature's Gate Conditioners

Vinegar/herbal rinses

Oils: Jojoba, Sweet Almond, Virgin Oil de Coco Creme, Monoi, Castor, Meadowfoam Seed & essential oils
Shea Butter (from which I make my own leave-in)

MP Popular Mix Brush and Pure BB brush
Wood and Horn combs
Vitamins/Minerals/Herbal supplements
-Fox
Starting my growing journey all over again after health issues took a major toll on my hair.
17/25.5/35+ - Type 2C-3bMii Somewhat fine, wavy (with corkscrew curls on the underneath layer), natural color is light brown with gold and red highlights. Previously used henna for years, but had it highlighted out over a couple of years. Currently trying to decide what to do as far as continuing with that to keep up the roots or doing something different.

Products Used:
Aubrey Organics S&C - my most favorite, but currently using Neways Second Chance Shampoo, SheaMoisture's High Porosity Moisture-Seal Masque,
Sally Beauty Generic Value Product's version of Matrix Biolage conditioner (as a leave in, not rinsed out)
Aubrey Organics Chia Gel
Vinegar/herbal rinses
Oils: Jojoba, Castor, Coconut & essential oils
MP Popular Mix Brush
MP & Madora wide tooth combs

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, they will become your character. Develop your character for it becomes your destiny."

Fox

March 24th, 2012, 5:47 pm #10

I'm still around. I'm still maintaining my around 36" not sitting on it zone. I have a job that didn't change that.

In September 2009 I got a job and washed the floors on the night shift at a small Kroger for 13 months and then they contracted floors out. To my knowledge I was the last Kroger employee to do the floors in my area or possibly the state or more. But I took the option to move to the meat department and I'm still wrapping meat and stocking the lunchmeat and frozen meat and I've now been in the department longer than I did floors.

Last year I started doing some couponing and I've started a blog about my shopping trips and such. Its called PurpleBubba $aves
http://purplebubbasaves.blogspot.com/

I have not been doing much Hair forum posting anywhere. I've mostly been on FB playing games when not working.

So that's where its easiest to find me these days. If you search for me and see the same avatar you've found me.

Before & After Last Trim
~ 3"/ 36"+/ Maintaining 36-40" ~

~ My Journal ~ "PurpleBubba's Periodical Prose of Ponderings" ~
http://s7.invisionfree.com/The_Hair_Car ... owtopic=12

~ My Hair Care Articles ~
http://angelfire.com/mi/bbubba/LHC/Articles.html

~ My Other Links ~

~ The Hair Care Family ~ Forums
http://z7.invisionfree.com/The_Hair_Car ... hp?act=idx

Good to see you Robert! Sounds like things are going well for you! I am glad you're job in the meat department is working out well! I sure appreciate the guys that work in ours. They are always so helpful to me.

Sure hope you will continue to pop in on here. Your hair sure looks healthy! You have always been a helpful poster.

-Fox

January 2010
17/32.75/40+ Type 2CMii (3B underneath layer) Somewhat fine, slightly wavy (with curls on the underneath layer), Hennaed Auburn. F.L.A. Ranking, Colonel. To see more pictures, click on the gallery collection link found here:<a href="">http://www.geocities.com/ifoxbox/ForeverFox.html> Forever Fox </a>
My Journal: <a href="">http://www.longhairloom.com/foxjournal.htm> Faithfully Fox </a>

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, they will become your character. Develop your character for it becomes your destiny." -John MacArthur

Products Used:

Ida's Shampoo Bars

Aubrey Organics S&C

Vinegar/herbal rinses

Oils: Jojoba, Sweet Almond, Virgin Oil de Coco Creme, Monoi, Castor, Meadowfoam Seed & essential oils

Wood and Horn combs
-Fox
Starting my growing journey all over again after health issues took a major toll on my hair.
17/25.5/35+ - Type 2C-3bMii Somewhat fine, wavy (with corkscrew curls on the underneath layer), natural color is light brown with gold and red highlights. Previously used henna for years, but had it highlighted out over a couple of years. Currently trying to decide what to do as far as continuing with that to keep up the roots or doing something different.

Products Used:
Aubrey Organics S&C - my most favorite, but currently using Neways Second Chance Shampoo, SheaMoisture's High Porosity Moisture-Seal Masque,
Sally Beauty Generic Value Product's version of Matrix Biolage conditioner (as a leave in, not rinsed out)
Aubrey Organics Chia Gel
Vinegar/herbal rinses
MP Popular Mix Brush

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, they will become your character. Develop your character for it becomes your destiny."

Fox

March 24th, 2012, 5:49 pm #11

Saturday morning and I'm having a late breakfast before getting busy with housework. My parents arrive tomorrow for a three-week stay and I'd like the house to be a little tidier than it is now.

My hair is just shy of tailbone and at times I think it's looking as if it's thickening up. The goal is to get back to tailbone and then maintain. Apart from the silver - which I have a love-hate relationship with - I'm enjoying my hair again. Well mostly. Sometimes I see a photo of myself with it up (probably because I just about always wear it up) and think it's rather unbecoming, but when it's down I'm happy with it.

I've also started using shampoo once a week when I do CWC and 'poo bars for scalp washing every other time. I was having problems again with my length never looking clean. Probably a combination of technique and water so I decided to change things around a bit. This seems to work really well for me especially with a new leave-in I've been using (shea butter, coconut oil, avocado oil, almond oil, honey, and aloe vera gel).

Did I really start such a thread before? I can't remember. Perhaps the credit should go to someone else?

2a/M/ii
Current length: 33.5" (Cut back from 38.5" February 2011 following a massive shed.)

Current routine: Oil lightly before washing with a mix of olive, coconut, avocado and almond oils. Scalp wash every second to third day using Chagrin Valley shampoo bars. Finish with acidic rinse (1 tsp ACV or lime juice to 2 cups of water or herbal tea). A'kin conditioner on the ends when I feel it needs it.
Other: Oiling when required with avocado and almond oil or shea butter; S&D when I think of it; BBB; wooden comb; Mason Pearson comb; hair sticks, Flexi-8's, Ficcare, and other hair friendly toys.

My Website

And how it's going. I know I need to try some new things. I guess I'm just worn down and I need to try to get myself recharged or something. I think I need to go back to the basics and be like I'm starting all over for the first time. That and get more sleep. Hope you will have a great weekend.

-Fox

January 2010

Products Used:

Ida's Shampoo Bars

Aubrey Organics S&C

Vinegar/herbal rinses

Wood and Horn combs
-Fox

Products Used:
Aubrey Organics Chia Gel
Vinegar/herbal rinses
MP Popular Mix Brush

Fox

March 24th, 2012, 5:52 pm #12

Kace

28.5/32/35

Congratulations on the new baby! I am so happy for you!! What wonderful news! And your hair looks fabulous too!

-Fox

January 2010

Products Used:

Ida's Shampoo Bars

Aubrey Organics S&C

Vinegar/herbal rinses

Wood and Horn combs
-Fox

Products Used:
Aubrey Organics Chia Gel
Vinegar/herbal rinses
MP Popular Mix Brush

Fox

March 24th, 2012, 5:53 pm #13

And very clever to boot! Thank you for starting the thread, Lace

I post regularly, although I don't post much about my hair. There's nothing interesting happening in that department anyway. Every morning I undo my sleep braid, comb my hair and style it. I brush my hair and preen either in the morning or in the evening. And that's pretty much it. Benign neglect I just put my hair out of the way, so I'm not tempted to examine split ends and my hemline all the time. And it works just fine. My hair is currently hovering around classic, as I've been trimming periodically to thicken up the hemline. My hemline is bettering, ever so slowly, but I think there is some progress.

Hair journal:

Routine:
- occasional S&D trims
Thinking that there's nothing new to say, but sometimes, just going over what we are "not" doing for instance, can be a help to someone. Your tip about keeping your hair tied back so you don't keep messing with the ends is a good one and I'm sure will help someone you get a little too scissor happy on those S&D missions.

-Fox

January 2010

Products Used:

Ida's Shampoo Bars

Aubrey Organics S&C

Vinegar/herbal rinses

Wood and Horn combs
-Fox

Products Used:
Aubrey Organics Chia Gel
Vinegar/herbal rinses
MP Popular Mix Brush

Fox

March 24th, 2012, 5:54 pm #14

I check in here a couple of times a week but I haven't been posting much because I have been super busy getting a new mobility scooter and trying to get it ready for Anime Boston in a couple of weeks.

Hair-wise, I'm enjoying my new length--my recent trim to hip was the best decision for me. I've been wearing my hair down or in half-ups a lot more, which has led to a very bad addiction to buying hair slides (I have some gorgeous ones!) After Anime Boston I'll try to get some pictures of all my latest acquisitions.

1a/bFii
Currently:
Hip 30"
Organix Coconut shampoo and conditioner
Avocado butter on the ends nightly, a light bit on length when wearing it down
And I can't wait to see your clips! Hope everything works out with the mobility scooter!

-Fox

January 2010

Products Used:

Ida's Shampoo Bars

Aubrey Organics S&C

Vinegar/herbal rinses

Wood and Horn combs
-Fox

Products Used:
Aubrey Organics Chia Gel
Vinegar/herbal rinses
MP Popular Mix Brush

Fox

March 24th, 2012, 5:57 pm #15

Just not very active... life is still fairly complicated for me with care-giving. Everything is going ok though. I'm just tired most always.

I need to start over with my hair, like I was responding to Jules, and just get back to doing some basics that might help perk up my hair. I can't seem to get past a certain length without thinning terribly. I wonder if it's hormones. I thought it was my thyroid, but went to the doctor last year and they said all was well there. Can't afford to check hormones though, so it will have to wait. Until then, I think I'll just get back to some basics if I can find time and try to get more sleep.

It is great to hear from everyone!!

-Fox

January 2010

Products Used:

Ida's Shampoo Bars

Aubrey Organics S&C

Vinegar/herbal rinses

Wood and Horn combs
-Fox

Products Used:
Aubrey Organics Chia Gel
Vinegar/herbal rinses
MP Popular Mix Brush

March 24th, 2012, 6:18 pm #16

I'm here lurking around .

March 24th, 2012, 8:45 pm #17

Christmas 08 April 09

Shampoo every 5 days

1cCii ~ Natural Silver

March 2010 Classic!!!

36.5/42.5/Classic

You will be in my prayers this week. Lace told me about you and your husband. So glad to hear he will be okay. Excellent on the compliments!

March 24th, 2012, 8:57 pm #18

Need a different word than oldster. Hmmm, how about, uh, classic, or enduring. Heh. My hair is still growing though the ends are very light. Am toying with the idea of going to classic or tailbone so I could swish it at Zumba. Had Zumba class today, six people. So fun.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because
people who mind don't matter and people who
matter don't mind."
~Dr. Seuss
Age 52
Hair color: Icy silver on sides, silver and charcoal to BSL, auburn toward end.
1b M ii
24"/47"/Cruising toward crook-of-the-knee.
Current fave oil: Olive
Shampoo: Shiny Silver, Denorex, Dove Intensive Repair
Madora comb with two teeth broken off.
Wash almost every day because of a horse and Zumba.
Lil's blog:
http://alittlegrace.blogspot.com/

March 25th, 2012, 12:14 am #19

Wow! It's great to see so many Loomies all on one thread, and fun to see what everyone is up to!

We're gearing up for warmer weather here in Colorado, which means convertibles and motorcycles...woohoo! Today we took my BF's Camaro out for a spin, top down....so I had my hair in cute braided pigtails....LOL
Yeah, I know I may be a bit old to be sporting pigtails, but I really don't care!

My hair is just a bit past 38" right now, but on Thursday I am going in to get a trim. I am thinking of getting a full 2" taken off, in hopes to thicken up my hemline a bit, and just get rid of some of the damaged stuff. Other than that, same routine for me...mostly braided or in a bun, hardly ever completely down. I am in love with Moroccan Oil...it does wonderful things for my hair!

Other stuff thats going on around here: I am in the process of planning a new tea party. It will be held on April 15th, and will be recognizing the 100th Anniversary of the sinking of Titanic. It will not focus on the tragedy involved; instead, I am creating leaflets that tell about some of the remarkable women that were aboard the Titanic that become unexpected heroes that night. I will be featuring foods from 1st, 2nd, and 3rd class stations, as well as have the music heard on the Titanic playing in the background. The invitations turned out really great, printed on paper that is an exact reproduction of the Titanic stationary (found online), and the RSVP's are "Boarding Passes"....they are very cool.

I am also gearing up to help my friend with her daughter's wedding in June. I have been bestowed with the project of making the cupcakes....all 300 of them! Yikes! So I will be pretty busy in June!

Miriam, I hope that your hubby feels better soon...take care of you!

Fox, glad to hear that you are hanging in there too....you are definately a trooper!

Lace, thanks for starting this thread!

Kace, congrats on the new baby! How exciting!

Miss O, as always, a pleasure hearing from you!

And hugs to everyone else here at the Loom!

~Misty

Joined 8/26/2010

Hair Length: 37.00" (when left curly)
38.25" (when straightened out)

Hair Type: 3cnii
Naturally curly

Goal Length: We'll see how long it will get!

Main Goal: To have my hair be healthy and long

***One hair on the head is worth two in the brush***

Please visit my Etsy shop:http://www.etsy.com/shop/SilverHeelsTradingCo
My Website:http://hotrodangel.webs.com/

March 25th, 2012, 1:35 am #20

I'm here lurking almost everyday even if I don't post that often.

My hair routine hasn't changed in recent months: I still use shampoo bars and ACV rinses, mostly scalp washes with a full length wash every 10-14 days. I did recently start a hair journal (on paper) to keep track of how my hair behaves over time.

I realized this morning that I am only about an inch from classic length. I am due for a trim though, so it will be a few months yet before I reach my goal.

In non-hair related happenings, I have been at my new job around seven months and I am loving it.
I work at a nursery school in the older infant room. Updos are a must to keep the hair out of babies hands!

Great idea for a thread, it is fun reading all the posts.

Lorna

2a/M/iii

Just past tailbone. I plan to take my time getting to classic.

Routine:
Shampoo bars, herbal ACV rinses and catnip soaks.

March 25th, 2012, 2:37 am #21

I post pretty regularly as of this past January:)
I am grateful for all of the inspiration and kindness here on the boards..
I am also LOVING Fox's Ketylo sticks. They may be causing me a kind of hair rut as I want to use them every day! I tell everyone about them:)
I used CV bars for a bit but got kind of frustrated with the results. I am now using Aubrey Organics shampoo and conditioner with good results.
I've been doing a few honey lightening treatments with distilled water and cardamom and I am documenting the results via photographs. I'll have more later..

^^The second photo is somewhat misleading. I was standing at a different angle and I think the sun was hitting it differently.

Personal life-wise, I'm holding out for my dream teaching job---we're hoping to find out soon. If I am so lucky, my son will be starting the nursery program at the school. I am trying to ease my mind about the potential transition which will be a big life change for us.
Here is the school:
http://www.rivervalleyschool.org/
Such a beautiful place!!

1bfii
2/2012- 28 inches,
GOAL 1- 31 inches by July 2012 (wedding day!)
Long term goal: Classic Length

Aubrey Organics Shampoo and Conditioner
ACV rinses with rosemary and lavender
Aubrey Organics Nustyle detangler and shine booster
Weleda Rosemary Hair Oil, jojoba oil with rosemary EO and 100% Argan Oil on ends
Deep conditioning with virgin coconut oil
Pureed Fresh Avocado as a hair mask every month (leave on for 30 min.)
Biotin and Prenatal vitamins
daily scalp massages
MP rake comb, BB brush before bed
(still a proud nursing mama!)
http://bendingbirches2010.blogspot.com/

March 25th, 2012, 5:24 am #22

I too visit everyday- well that is if I turn on the computer. It's usually the first place I check before heading to my emails!
If I am honest I am having a blah hair moment this weekend.
I know it will pass, but I've been sorely tempted to cut in layers and use my straightener!!!
Still, I haven't done anything- except visit here and look up inspirational long hair photos.
I've been doing so good for over a year- and I know this is just a stage. But I still fight the thoughts.

On a life note.... we are moving next week. Moving within the same state- but 13 hours south- so closer to the city and back to normal seasons (not just hot, dry & wet)
It's a big task with 5 children and the emotional farewells...

xx

2BMiii
Committing to growth, starting at 23.5"- Jan 1, 2011

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

March 25th, 2012, 5:29 am #23

Kace

28.5/32/35

Kace, I also have wondered how you have been.
Lovely to hear you have added to your family.. and that you are enjoying life.
May these special newborn days be a a blessing to you and your family.

x

2BMiii

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

March 25th, 2012, 5:44 am #24

Late at night and I'm checking out hair. My kids are on spring break, I am trying to dejunk my house (yikes)and I dyed my hair dark brown a few days ago. My husband helped. I'm kind of going for a Morgana look, from the BBC series Merlin. She has great hair! Anyway . . . nothing much else going on.

Glilavaneth

Recent 'do I liked. Kinda LOTR, only brunette.
Life is too short to not have homecoming hair every day!

2aMi
Current length: 34"
Goal length: 37"

I have been growing it for 3 years, trimming off damage as I go!

March 25th, 2012, 8:53 am #25

I too visit everyday- well that is if I turn on the computer. It's usually the first place I check before heading to my emails!
If I am honest I am having a blah hair moment this weekend.
I know it will pass, but I've been sorely tempted to cut in layers and use my straightener!!!
Still, I haven't done anything- except visit here and look up inspirational long hair photos.
I've been doing so good for over a year- and I know this is just a stage. But I still fight the thoughts.

On a life note.... we are moving next week. Moving within the same state- but 13 hours south- so closer to the city and back to normal seasons (not just hot, dry & wet)
It's a big task with 5 children and the emotional farewells...

xx

2BMiii

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
to be done and the rest will fall in to place. We moved from Australia to New Zealand with five young children so I know what it's like. But you'll get there. As long as they have Mum and Dad and a favourite toy or two, kids seem to cope. I hope the move will be a good one for you all as a family.

I'm glad you're holding off on any major hair decisions. I think your hair is growing beautifully and personally think it would be a shame to change it.

2a/M/ii

My Website

Hair Colour: Dark brown with natural red and silver highlights (more silver than red nowadays)
New Goal: Healthy hair that I'm happy with! (Preferably tailbone with thick hemline.

Current Routine
CWCA: C = condition the length with conditioner or shea butter; W = wash the scalp using diluted organic shampoo; Condition = small amount of conditioner on ends; A = acidic rinse, either ACV or citric acid; Frequency = once a week. In-between times, scalp washes as required.
Tips for super soft hair = Wash with Miracle Water. Finish up with LOC (Liquid = water; Oil = almond/olive/avocado oils; Cream = aloe vera gel)
Other: Regular micro-trims; light oiling on dry hair a few times a week; BBB; wooden comb; Mason Pearson comb; hair sticks, Flexi-8's, Ficcare, and other hair friendly toys.

March 25th, 2012, 8:56 am #26

Kace

28.5/32/35

on the newest family member. You're doing well to be here when you've just had her so recently. Enjoy these early days as they go so fast and can never be recaptured. It really is the time when you must forget the housework and other important things and just concentrate on your baby. I so wish I could go back to those days all over again.

2a/M/ii

My Website

Current Routine

March 25th, 2012, 8:57 am #27

Christmas 08 April 09

Shampoo every 5 days

1cCii ~ Natural Silver

March 2010 Classic!!!

36.5/42.5/Classic

to hear of this but glad that he's going to be okay. That must have given you quite a shock after all your years together. Praying that he'll recover quickly.

2a/M/ii

My Website

Current Routine

March 25th, 2012, 9:11 am #28

Hi everyone

I've started an account almost 2 years ago (will be 2 years in may) after a fairly long period of lurking, and never looked back - I love the atmosphere here, great comunity and wonderful people

I vary between lurking and actively participating - depending on how much time I have... Even though often I find myself reading posts and posting here instead of studying for exams, LOL

Currently I'm at "microskirt length" - about half way between classic and fingertip, but considering a largish trim in may (still havent made up my mind how much to trim if at all, but I'm definitely not going any shorter than classic, LOL)
I wadh once a week using a cone and SLS free shampoo, and trying different no cone or very low cone conditioners to find the perfect one (the one I liked was discontinued this autum, and I still havent found another that I like as much... ), oil the ends with coconut oil, and do heavy pre-wash oilings with a mix of 1/3 olive oil, 1/3 coconut oil, 1/3 castor oil and a few drops of rosemarine EO or peppermint EO (depending on my mood and which I have at home when I need to make a new batch)

This turned out quite long, sorry for rumbling...
Last edited by Night_Kitten on March 25th, 2012, 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

March 25th, 2012, 10:01 am #29

Christmas 08 April 09

Shampoo every 5 days

1cCii ~ Natural Silver

March 2010 Classic!!!

36.5/42.5/Classic

I'm so glad to hear your husband is going to be allright

March 25th, 2012, 10:22 pm #30

Christmas 08 April 09

Shampoo every 5 days

1cCii ~ Natural Silver

March 2010 Classic!!!

36.5/42.5/Classic

DH is now home. He is resting and staying quite still since the CPR bruised his chest. He has an external defibrillator on and will see the specialist this week.

Thank you for your prayers. God has been good to both him and me.

Christmas 08 April 09

Shampoo every 5 days

1cCii ~ Natural Silver

March 2010 Classic!!!

36.5/42.5/Classic

Confirmation of reply: