My hair. All of it. :D

My hair. All of it. :D

November 12th, 2011, 7:08 pm #1

(Here's hoping you all can see this!)
My little sister took my new signature picture for me today! How do y'all like it? (It was a bit breezy outside.)

I would call it tailbone length, and I'm not so sure it's 1b, could it be 1c? Or maybe it's 1a and I just "imagine" it's a bit wavy. (I've always wanted shinny, jet black hair, but the other option has always been curly auburn hair. Of which I am neither, but one can always dream.... )

~Heather Joy
Owner/Partner at Joyous Crafts
https://www.facebook.com/joyouscrafts

38 inches long - Type 1bNii

I want to go classic length, with a "fairytail ending". :D

What I use:
Johnson & Johnson Baby Wash and Shampoo.
olive oil soaks once in a while.
Rosemary rinse followed by a white vinegar rise when I feel inclined to baby my hair.

1Corinthians 11:15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.

November 12th, 2011, 7:15 pm #2

Your hair is lovely!

Christmas 08 April 09

Close up of my gray hair.

Oil on ends just before combing to help with snarls, 2x a day.

Shampoo every 5 days
Experimenting with ACV, coconut oil, and honey.

Started measuring August 06, at 36.5 inches
1cCii ~ Natural Silver

I am 54 year old and I've been married for 35 years!!

July 1st 07 - Reached 40 inches
July 14 07 - Cut back to 36.5
August 3rd 08 - Reached 40 inches again.
January 1 09 Reached 43 and classic achieved! Cut for a better hemline.
April thru June 40 still. sigh...
March 2010 Classic!!!

36.5/42.5/Classic

Faithful to barbers - they actually trim 1/8th of an inch!!

November 12th, 2011, 7:26 pm #3

My little sister took my new signature picture for me today! How do y'all like it? (It was a bit breezy outside.)

I would call it tailbone length, and I'm not so sure it's 1b, could it be 1c? Or maybe it's 1a and I just "imagine" it's a bit wavy. (I've always wanted shinny, jet black hair, but the other option has always been curly auburn hair. Of which I am neither, but one can always dream.... )

~Heather Joy

What I use:
Rosemary rinse followed by a white vinegar rise when I feel inclined to baby my hair.

1Corinthians 11:15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.
we could almost be hair twins.  My type is 1bnii too.  It looks really similar to mine in color, thickness & texture.

My hair journal:http://www.network54.com/Forum/496746/
1bniii Hair Type - Length:47" Goal: 48" Products - Currently Using:
Organix Shampoo & Conditioners
CV & Lush Shampoo Bars w/vinegar rinse
Monoi or Virgin de Coco Creme on ends daily
Shea Butter Creamy Souffle as pre-wash conditioner. Wash 1-2 times a week. Wide tooth wood & bakelite combs. TT on wet hair. BBB sometimes. Braid before bed and oil ends.

November 12th, 2011, 7:46 pm #4

It's so nice to meet a twin! I love your hair, and I hope to it get as long as yours some day. That is, if the head aches don't get so bad I have to chop it off.

~Heather Joy

What I use:

November 12th, 2011, 7:46 pm #5

Your hair is lovely!

Christmas 08 April 09

Close up of my gray hair.

Oil on ends just before combing to help with snarls, 2x a day.

Shampoo every 5 days
Experimenting with ACV, coconut oil, and honey.

Started measuring August 06, at 36.5 inches
1cCii ~ Natural Silver

I am 54 year old and I've been married for 35 years!!

July 1st 07 - Reached 40 inches
July 14 07 - Cut back to 36.5
August 3rd 08 - Reached 40 inches again.
January 1 09 Reached 43 and classic achieved! Cut for a better hemline.
April thru June 40 still. sigh...
March 2010 Classic!!!

36.5/42.5/Classic

Faithful to barbers - they actually trim 1/8th of an inch!!
Yours is too!

~Heather Joy

What I use:

November 12th, 2011, 8:21 pm #6

~Heather Joy

What I use:

Wow, you hair sure is something special!

November 12th, 2011, 8:42 pm #7

~Heather Joy

Joined Nov 9, 2011

What I use:

Dulcy
Dulcy

November 13th, 2011, 2:24 am #8

It's so gorgeous and thick!Love the hemline.

November 13th, 2011, 3:08 am #9

~Heather Joy

Joined Nov 9, 2011

What I use:

November 13th, 2011, 5:15 am #10

~Heather Joy

What I use:

Your hair is such a lovely colour and so thick and healthy right to the ends. And I suspect you're longer than tailbone. It looks as if your head is tipped forward so if it was fully erect your hair would fall even lower on your body. I think you're moving close to classic. And what a beautiful classic it will be too.

Progress from June 2006 - January 2011

2a/M/ii
Mid-Dark brown with natural red and silver highlights; fringe/bangs.
Starting length: 25"/62.5cm (BSL)
Current length: 33.5" (Cut back from 38.5" February 2011 following a massive shed.)
New Goal: Healthy hair that I'm happy with!

Current routine: Oil lightly before washing with a mix of olive, coconut, avocado and almond oils. Scalp wash every second to third day using Chagrin Valley shampoo bars. Finish with acidic rinse (1 tsp ACV or lime juice to 2 cups of water or herbal tea). A'kin conditioner on the ends when I feel it needs it.
Other: Oiling when required with avocado and almond oil or shea butter; S&D when I think of it; BBB; wooden comb; Mason Pearson comb; hair sticks, Flexi-8's, Ficcare, and other hair friendly toys.

'Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfailing beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.' 1 Peter 3:3-4

My Website

On Eagles' Wings (My Blog)

My Method for Scalp Washes

Hair Journey Began in June 2006 ...

Hair Type: 2a/M/ii
Hair Colour: Dark brown with natural red and silver highlights (more silver than red nowadays)
Initial Goal length: 36" (Tailbone)
Setback: Major shed in 2010 when at 38"
New Goal: Healthy hair that I'm happy with! (Preferably tailbone with thick hemline.)

Current Routine
CWCA: C = condition the length with conditioner or shea butter; W = wash the scalp using diluted organic shampoo; Condition = small amount of conditioner on ends; A = acidic rinse, either ACV or citric acid; Frequency = once a week. In-between times, scalp washes as required.
Tips for super soft hair = Wash with Miracle Water. Finish up with LOC (Liquid = water; Oil = almond/olive/avocado oils; Cream = aloe vera gel)
Other: Regular micro-trims; light oiling on dry hair a few times a week; BBB; wooden comb; Mason Pearson comb; hair sticks, Flexi-8's, Ficcare, and other hair friendly toys.

'Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfailing beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.' 1 Peter 3:3-4

Fox

November 13th, 2011, 5:45 am #11

~Heather Joy

What I use:

Your hair may not be jet black or curly auburn, but it is truly beautiful just the way it is! I think you have terrific hair! Very healthy right to the tips like Jules said. You'll be at Classic before you know it! I would guess less than a year if you have an average growth rate!!

-Fox

January 2010
Special thanks to Carlynn for my custom doll signature!
17/32.75/40+ Type 2CMii (3B underneath layer) Somewhat fine, slightly wavy (with curls on the underneath layer), Hennaed Auburn. F.L.A. Ranking, Colonel. To see more pictures, click on the gallery collection link found here:<a href="">http://www.geocities.com/ifoxbox/ForeverFox.html> Forever Fox </a>
My Journal: <a href="">http://www.longhairloom.com/foxjournal.htm> Faithfully Fox </a>

Want custom sticks? Please visit: Sticks and Stones, Hairsticks by Fox

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, they will become your character. Develop your character for it becomes your destiny." -John MacArthur

"Love makes you beautiful" - quote from my nephew at age 7

Products Used:

Ida's Shampoo Bars

Aubrey Organics S&C
Nature's Gate Conditioners

Vinegar/herbal rinses

Oils: Jojoba, Sweet Almond, Virgin Oil de Coco Creme, Monoi, Castor, Meadowfoam Seed & essential oils
Shea Butter (from which I make my own leave-in)

MP Popular Mix Brush and Pure BB brush
Wood and Horn combs
Vitamins/Minerals/Herbal supplements
-Fox
Starting my growing journey all over again after health issues took a major toll on my hair.
17/25.5/35+ - Type 2C-3bMii Somewhat fine, wavy (with corkscrew curls on the underneath layer), natural color is light brown with gold and red highlights. Previously used henna for years, but had it highlighted out over a couple of years. Currently trying to decide what to do as far as continuing with that to keep up the roots or doing something different.

Products Used:
Aubrey Organics S&C - my most favorite, but currently using Neways Second Chance Shampoo, SheaMoisture's High Porosity Moisture-Seal Masque,
Sally Beauty Generic Value Product's version of Matrix Biolage conditioner (as a leave in, not rinsed out)
Aubrey Organics Chia Gel
Vinegar/herbal rinses
Oils: Jojoba, Castor, Coconut & essential oils
MP Popular Mix Brush
MP & Madora wide tooth combs

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, they will become your character. Develop your character for it becomes your destiny."

November 13th, 2011, 6:20 am #12

~Heather Joy

What I use:

It's awful pretty. So healthy. Good ends. And you want jet black or curly auburn? I want blonde! I bought a blonde wig once. My husband and son told me not to wear it. lol. Shucks.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because
people who mind don't matter and people who
matter don't mind."
~Dr. Seuss
Age 52
Hair color: Icy silver on sides, silver and charcoal to BSL, auburn toward end.
1b M ii
24"/47"/Cruising toward crook-of-the-knee.
Current fave oil: Olive
Shampoo: Shiny Silver, Denorex, Dove Intensive Repair
Madora comb with two teeth broken off.
Wash almost every day because of a horse and Zumba.
Lil's blog:
http://alittlegrace.blogspot.com/

November 13th, 2011, 10:23 am #13

~Heather Joy

What I use:

I'm not very good at hair typing so I can't tell you whether your 1a, b or c but I can tell you that your hair is drop dead beautiful.

cross made of my own and my mothers hair
1a/bFi

16/47/51

Routine:
Daily scalp wash with CV bars followed by ACV rince.
Deep conditioning once or twice a week.
Oiling with coconut and/or avocado oil when needed.

Horn combs and BBB brush.

November 13th, 2011, 7:30 pm #14

~Heather Joy

What I use:

Your hair is lovely! It's so shiny!

~ Nighean Ruadh ~

26.25/waist/tailbone

mermayd
mermayd

November 13th, 2011, 9:08 pm #15

~Heather Joy

What I use:

You could be in a hair care commercial!

mermayd

November 13th, 2011, 9:29 pm #16

Your hair may not be jet black or curly auburn, but it is truly beautiful just the way it is! I think you have terrific hair! Very healthy right to the tips like Jules said. You'll be at Classic before you know it! I would guess less than a year if you have an average growth rate!!

-Fox

January 2010
17/32.75/40+ Type 2CMii (3B underneath layer) Somewhat fine, slightly wavy (with curls on the underneath layer), Hennaed Auburn. F.L.A. Ranking, Colonel. To see more pictures, click on the gallery collection link found here:<a href="">http://www.geocities.com/ifoxbox/ForeverFox.html> Forever Fox </a>
My Journal: <a href="">http://www.longhairloom.com/foxjournal.htm> Faithfully Fox </a>

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, they will become your character. Develop your character for it becomes your destiny." -John MacArthur

Products Used:

Ida's Shampoo Bars

Aubrey Organics S&C

Vinegar/herbal rinses

Oils: Jojoba, Sweet Almond, Virgin Oil de Coco Creme, Monoi, Castor, Meadowfoam Seed & essential oils

Wood and Horn combs
You are to kind.
Really? A year? I've never measured my hair growth, as a matter of fact, I've never really measured my hair before, so I don't know what kind of growth I have. Though I suspect it might be slow. When I was a little girl I cut a piece of my hair off, and it took YEARS to grow back so that I didn't have to clip it back when I was wearing a ponytail.(That is beside the fact that for several years I "twisted" it around my finger, which caused it to break off. Naughty me! :P )

~Heather Joy

Joined Nov 9, 2011

What I use:

November 13th, 2011, 9:37 pm #17

Your hair is such a lovely colour and so thick and healthy right to the ends. And I suspect you're longer than tailbone. It looks as if your head is tipped forward so if it was fully erect your hair would fall even lower on your body. I think you're moving close to classic. And what a beautiful classic it will be too.

Progress from June 2006 - January 2011

2a/M/ii
Mid-Dark brown with natural red and silver highlights; fringe/bangs.
Current length: 33.5" (Cut back from 38.5" February 2011 following a massive shed.)
New Goal: Healthy hair that I'm happy with!

Current routine: Oil lightly before washing with a mix of olive, coconut, avocado and almond oils. Scalp wash every second to third day using Chagrin Valley shampoo bars. Finish with acidic rinse (1 tsp ACV or lime juice to 2 cups of water or herbal tea). A'kin conditioner on the ends when I feel it needs it.
Other: Oiling when required with avocado and almond oil or shea butter; S&D when I think of it; BBB; wooden comb; Mason Pearson comb; hair sticks, Flexi-8's, Ficcare, and other hair friendly toys.

My Website

On Eagles' Wings (My Blog)

My Method for Scalp Washes
No need to be envious, You have lovely hair as well! I love those waves!

Yes, you are right about my head being tipped forward. After my sister took the pictures, I noticed that all the pictures where like that. Funny, because I thought I had my chin up the entire time. Maybe I need to take notice and keep my head held higher?

~Heather Joy

Joined Nov 9, 2011

What I use:

November 13th, 2011, 9:41 pm #18

It's awful pretty. So healthy. Good ends. And you want jet black or curly auburn? I want blonde! I bought a blonde wig once. My husband and son told me not to wear it. lol. Shucks.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because
people who mind don't matter and people who
matter don't mind."
~Dr. Seuss
Age 52
Hair color: Icy silver on sides, silver and charcoal to BSL, auburn toward end.
1b M ii
24"/47"/Cruising toward crook-of-the-knee.
Current fave oil: Olive
Shampoo: Shiny Silver, Denorex, Dove Intensive Repair
Madora comb with two teeth broken off.
Wash almost every day because of a horse and Zumba.
Lil's blog:
http://alittlegrace.blogspot.com/

Oh heavens!
I have been meaning to ask you, how did you do that braided bun in your signature? I LOVE it!

~Heather Joy

Joined Nov 9, 2011

What I use:

November 13th, 2011, 9:42 pm #19

I'm not very good at hair typing so I can't tell you whether your 1a, b or c but I can tell you that your hair is drop dead beautiful.

cross made of my own and my mothers hair
1a/bFi

16/47/51

Routine:
Daily scalp wash with CV bars followed by ACV rince.
Deep conditioning once or twice a week.
Oiling with coconut and/or avocado oil when needed.

Horn combs and BBB brush.

~Heather Joy

Joined Nov 9, 2011

What I use:

November 13th, 2011, 9:46 pm #20

Your hair is lovely! It's so shiny!

~ Nighean Ruadh ~

26.25/waist/tailbone
I think that some of the shininess is due to the camera flash and also to the Rosemary rise I used the night before.

~Heather Joy

Joined Nov 9, 2011

What I use:

November 13th, 2011, 9:48 pm #21

You could be in a hair care commercial!

mermayd
You all really are to flattering. But thank you!

~Heather Joy

Joined Nov 9, 2011

What I use:

November 13th, 2011, 10:14 pm #22

~Heather Joy

What I use:

Your hair is absolutely stunning! I love the color and the straightness, and not to mention your thick hemline.

Hair type: 2b/M/C/iii
Current length: classic
Primary goal: thickening the ends

Hair journal:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/663765

Routine:
- NW/SO on the scalp, with periodical length
washes (Alverde birke-salbei shampoo for the length)
- brushing, scritching, preening and massaging daily
- occasional S&D trims
- trimming the ends whenever they start looking funny
Hair type: 2b/M/C/iii
Current length: classic+
Current goal: knee

Current routine:
~ alternating a NW/SO (no water/sebum only) routine with occasional washes. I use the techniques of NW/SO (brushing, scritching and preening) almost daily, but I do a shampoo wash every month or two.

Products and tools:
~ Alverde Birke-Salbei shampoo
~ occasionally oiling the ends with either coconut or almond oil; currently experimenting with argan oil
~ an assortment of BBBs
~ Tangle Teezer/Tangle Angel & wide-tooth comb
~ hair friendly hair toys, for putting up hair and forgetting about it

Hair journal (rarely updated nowadays):
http://www.network54.com/Forum/663765

November 13th, 2011, 10:40 pm #23

Thank you Miss O! (Is that okay if I call you that? I saw someone else calling you that, and I thought it was cute! )

~Heather Joy

Joined Nov 9, 2011

What I use:

November 14th, 2011, 3:20 am #24

~Heather Joy

What I use:

Your hair is so beautiful....it looks healthy, thick, and so lovely!

I'm glad that we got to see your hair in all it's glory...and glad that you got the picture thing conquered!

~Misty

Joined 8/26/2010

Hair Length: 35.50" (when left curly)
37.00" (when straightened out)

Hair Type: 3cnii
Naturally curly

Goal Length: We'll see how long it will get!

Main Goal: To have my hair be healthy and long

***One hair on the head is worth two in the brush***

Please visit my Etsy shop:http://www.etsy.com/shop/SilverHeelsTradingCo
My Website:http://hotrodangel.webs.com/

Fox

November 14th, 2011, 6:03 am #25

You are to kind.
Really? A year? I've never measured my hair growth, as a matter of fact, I've never really measured my hair before, so I don't know what kind of growth I have. Though I suspect it might be slow. When I was a little girl I cut a piece of my hair off, and it took YEARS to grow back so that I didn't have to clip it back when I was wearing a ponytail.(That is beside the fact that for several years I "twisted" it around my finger, which caused it to break off. Naughty me! :P )

~Heather Joy

Joined Nov 9, 2011

What I use:

Average growth is 6 inches a year. Now if you trim often, you will trim off most of your growth, which people sometimes don't realize they are doing. On average you grow a half inch per month.

-Fox

January 2010

Products Used:

Ida's Shampoo Bars

Aubrey Organics S&C

Vinegar/herbal rinses

Wood and Horn combs
-Fox
Starting my growing journey all over again after health issues took a major toll on my hair.
17/25.5/35+ - Type 2C-3bMii Somewhat fine, wavy (with corkscrew curls on the underneath layer), natural color is light brown with gold and red highlights. Previously used henna for years, but had it highlighted out over a couple of years. Currently trying to decide what to do as far as continuing with that to keep up the roots or doing something different.

Products Used:
Aubrey Organics S&C - my most favorite, but currently using Neways Second Chance Shampoo, SheaMoisture's High Porosity Moisture-Seal Masque,
Sally Beauty Generic Value Product's version of Matrix Biolage conditioner (as a leave in, not rinsed out)
Aubrey Organics Chia Gel
Vinegar/herbal rinses
Oils: Jojoba, Castor, Coconut & essential oils
MP Popular Mix Brush
MP & Madora wide tooth combs

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, they will become your character. Develop your character for it becomes your destiny."

November 14th, 2011, 3:10 pm #26

~Heather Joy

What I use:

Your hair is beautiful! And such a thick hemline - almost no taper at all!

I wish my hair was black too and if black was impossible my second choise would be deep red...

November 14th, 2011, 4:16 pm #27

~Heather Joy

What I use:

I noticed that you have the most basic of hair care, and you have the most healthy head of hair! Do you use an essential oil of rosemary diluted when you rinse? Please share

elvea rose ~
guardian of faerie mist tresses
1c / ultra fine / i

"...like the soft light of the moon silvering
over the evening of life." ~ a quote by
Johann Paul Friedrich Richter

My hopes ~
Tresses to my hips and mock faerie-tale endings,
but what I need is a hefty dose of patience... and tyme!

And this is why...
June '07~ my last color enhancement treatment
March '09~ 23" all natural tresses
December '09~ 26" **first goal**
August '10 to May '11~ 28" **unwittingly kept there**
September '11~ 30" **second goal**
Last trim ~ Hunter's moon of October
...just shy of 29"

Third is 33 inches
Lastly... to tag bcl, then stay put.

November 14th, 2011, 7:59 pm #28

Your hair is so beautiful....it looks healthy, thick, and so lovely!

I'm glad that we got to see your hair in all it's glory...and glad that you got the picture thing conquered!

~Misty

Joined 8/26/2010

Hair Length: 35.50" (when left curly)
37.00" (when straightened out)

Hair Type: 3cnii
Naturally curly

Goal Length: We'll see how long it will get!

Main Goal: To have my hair be healthy and long

***One hair on the head is worth two in the brush***

Please visit my Etsy shop:http://www.etsy.com/shop/SilverHeelsTradingCo
My Website:http://hotrodangel.webs.com/

I'm glad I got the picture thing down too! I was getting worried there for a while!

~Heather Joy

Joined Nov 9, 2011

What I use:

November 14th, 2011, 8:02 pm #29

Your hair is beautiful! And such a thick hemline - almost no taper at all!

I wish my hair was black too and if black was impossible my second choise would be deep red...

Joined Nov 9, 2011

What I use:

November 14th, 2011, 9:12 pm #30

I noticed that you have the most basic of hair care, and you have the most healthy head of hair! Do you use an essential oil of rosemary diluted when you rinse? Please share

elvea rose ~
guardian of faerie mist tresses
1c / ultra fine / i

"...like the soft light of the moon silvering
over the evening of life." ~ a quote by
Johann Paul Friedrich Richter

My hopes ~
Tresses to my hips and mock faerie-tale endings,
but what I need is a hefty dose of patience... and tyme!

And this is why...
June '07~ my last color enhancement treatment
March '09~ 23" all natural tresses
December '09~ 26" **first goal**
August '10 to May '11~ 28" **unwittingly kept there**
September '11~ 30" **second goal**
Last trim ~ Hunter's moon of October
...just shy of 29"

Third is 33 inches
Lastly... to tag bcl, then stay put.
No, I don't use essential oil, but now that you mention it, that is a really good idea! I do it the old fashioned way: I take about 1/4 cup of dried rosemary leaves and a small pan of water and heat it up on the stove. Then I let it simmer for about 15 or so minutes. Then when it has cooled off, I put it in an old shampoo bottle I have. After the final rinse in the shower I just close my eyes and squirt some on the top of my head, then I squirt some on my length and once all my hair is dripping, I get naughty and pile it all up on my head and dump more over that. One batch is usually enough for two washes; I use about 1/2 bottle per wash. Then I rinse my hair out under freezing cold water and then just towel dry!
The reason my routine is so simple is because I am hyper allergic and Johnson & Johnson is the only thing that dose not make me either sick to my stomach or brake out in a rash. It gets a little boring, but hey, at least I am saving money! LOL!

~Heather Joy

Joined Nov 9, 2011

What I use:

Confirmation of reply: