Mists of Avalon style, help please

Mists of Avalon style, help please

May 11th, 2007, 10:10 pm #1

Hello ladies!

Has anyone ever tried to recreate this style from the movie "The Mists of Avalon"?

Any tips would be appreciated. I don't even know how to go about using ribbon like that on such a loose style.

-Britt

1bNiii
34/37.25/40

May 11th, 2007, 10:23 pm #2

the front hair has been wound around the head losely like a crown and then the ribbon has been weaved into it. I think one of us once fixated a braided crown using ribbon, I just don't remember who it was.

As to the ribbon on the back I cannot imagine it staying in place without glue.

Nice style, though...

Love,

salixcaprea

1c, F, ii
74 cm / 29 in (waist length)
height: 171 cm / 5 ft 7 in
hair colour: natural honey and caramel with bits of tinsel creeping in
bangs on their way out (F.L.A. Captain)

goal: classic length and then who knows (The floor's the limit???)

routine:
daily BBB in the mornings (100 brush strokes)
every 4 - 6 days wash and condition with Klaus-Müller products, rinse with cold water

Gracious one, play. The universe is an empty shell wherein your mind frolics infinitely.

Oh, all you people, learn how to dance, otherwise the angels in heaven won't know what to do with you. - Augustinus

Melissa
Melissa

May 12th, 2007, 2:54 pm #3

Hello ladies!

Has anyone ever tried to recreate this style from the movie "The Mists of Avalon"?

Any tips would be appreciated. I don't even know how to go about using ribbon like that on such a loose style.

-Britt

1bNiii
34/37.25/40
wanted to say, it is VERY pretty!! I love the ribbons, so if someone knows how to do that, please share! thanks! ~Melissa

Melissa
Melissa

May 12th, 2007, 2:55 pm #4

the front hair has been wound around the head losely like a crown and then the ribbon has been weaved into it. I think one of us once fixated a braided crown using ribbon, I just don't remember who it was.

As to the ribbon on the back I cannot imagine it staying in place without glue.

Nice style, though...

Love,

salixcaprea

1c, F, ii

routine:
every 4 - 6 days wash and condition with Klaus-Müller products, rinse with cold water

Gracious one, play. The universe is an empty shell wherein your mind frolics infinitely.

Oh, all you people, learn how to dance, otherwise the angels in heaven won't know what to do with you. - Augustinus
glue, that is funny! and boy would that be sticky,,, lol! ~Melissa

May 12th, 2007, 4:06 pm #5

Hello ladies!

-Britt

1bNiii
34/37.25/40
gorgeous but I have no idea how to do it.  I think it would be easier to do on someone else than on myself. 

SchnauzerMom
1b/F/ii
start 16/23 1/2/30
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Routine:
Conditioner/Wash/Conditioner with VO5 Extra Body Conditioner and VO5 Regular Shampoo, do this every 3 days.

May 12th, 2007, 9:55 pm #6

Your hair is really looking good! Hair stick is great too!

Tracey

Hair length started at 2" summer 2005
Nov 1st/2006 Is now 25"
Reached first goal of 27" Dec 1st
March 1st 28"
Sleep: one or two braids
Colour is "chocolate carmel" by Nutresse
2/25/27+
Hair type : 2Bmii
MrsT Hair Journal:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/539563/

Jess

Hair length started at 18"
19" Feb 1st 2007
20" March 1st
First goal 25"
Hair type : 1aFii

*Ayla (18 yrs old).. Went to be with Jesus Sunday morning at 2:30 am Please pray for her family....thank you

May 12th, 2007, 10:04 pm #7

Hello ladies!

-Britt

1bNiii
34/37.25/40
Just guessing but..
braided from the top each side at the crown, pulled into a circle with elastic.
Front sections then pulled back tied with a ribbon and crossed back and forth under it?

Very pretty, I'll try it and post a pic here soon and on my forum See how it turns out.
Thanks for sharing such a great style!

Tracey

Nov 1st/2006 Is now 25"
March 1st 28"
2/25/27+
MrsT Hair Journal:

Jess

19" Feb 1st 2007
20" March 1st
First goal 25"

*Ayla (18 yrs old).. Went to be with Jesus Sunday morning at 2:30 am Please pray for her family....thank you

May 13th, 2007, 12:06 am #8

Hello ladies!

-Britt

1bNiii
34/37.25/40
the ribbon is elastic? That might help keep it in place. I'm guessing it is laced, like a shoe lace, from side to side around the circlet of hair.

1bFii
pixie/30.75"~ 78cm/waist
Turning my gold to silver one hair at a time

"There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal. Nations, cultures, arts, civilization - these are mortal, and their life is to ours as the life of a gnat. But it is immortals whom we joke with, work with, marry, snub, and exploit -- immortal horrors or everlasting splendours." C.S.Lewis in "The Weight of Glory"

MrsT
MrsT

May 13th, 2007, 3:18 am #9

Hello ladies!

-Britt

1bNiii
34/37.25/40

The Ribbon , I didn't weave because I would need someone to help me lol , so I tied it at the back..Its a little messy because I went out for a bit , then took pic when I got home
I think if I had tied it to the braid and crossed it over then tied again and repeat, it would look more like the pick ..

lacemitts
lacemitts

May 13th, 2007, 3:34 am #10

n/m

May 13th, 2007, 4:46 pm #11

Your hair is really looking good! Hair stick is great too!

Tracey

Nov 1st/2006 Is now 25"
March 1st 28"
2/25/27+
MrsT Hair Journal:

Jess

19" Feb 1st 2007
20" March 1st
First goal 25"

for the compliment!

SchnauzerMom
1b/F/ii
start 16/23 1/2/30
Routine:
Conditioner/Wash/Conditioner with VO5 Extra Body Conditioner and VO5 Regular Shampoo, do this every 3 days.

May 13th, 2007, 4:48 pm #12

The Ribbon , I didn't weave because I would need someone to help me lol , so I tied it at the back..Its a little messy because I went out for a bit , then took pic when I got home
I think if I had tied it to the braid and crossed it over then tied again and repeat, it would look more like the pick ..
I like it!

SchnauzerMom
1b/F/ii
start 16/23 1/2/30
Routine:

May 14th, 2007, 8:54 pm #13

I'm impressed! I don't know if I could do it.

Love,

salixcaprea

1c, F, ii

routine:

May 14th, 2007, 9:14 pm #14

Hello ladies!

-Britt

1bNiii
34/37.25/40
I looks like it might be a loose reverse roll like the one foung on Dressy Tresses just with ribbon woven through on the back.
http://www.dressytresses.com/hair/gallery/default.asp

Hair Type- 2ANii
Color- Dark Auburn (looks copper in bright sunlight)
Length- 20/28/waist

Confirmation of reply: