Measure in For September 2018

September 1st, 2018, 7:52 pm #1

Length measurements, routine changes, anything else ... put it all here.

Well, after skipping my last trim I had DH cut off about 3" a fortnight ago. And while I "miss" the length, I couldn't be happier. I now have more of a U hemline rather than the V and the ends feel so much better and look thicker (I think). I also changed the parting for my bangs from a triangle to a curved parting and it looks so much better. I think I might grow some of the bangs longer (not fully out but more face framing) but that's the only upcoming change I'm planning.

So now I'm "lower waist" and tailbone is a way off but I'm okay with that. I may never go longer but at this stage I'm all for health over length (that might change).

Here's a not-so-good updated pic ...20180819_133219.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hair Journey Began in June 2006 ...

Hair Type: 2a/M/ii
Hair Colour: Dark brown with natural red and silver highlights (more silver than red nowadays)
Starting length: 25"/62.5cm (BSL)
Initial Goal length: 36" (Tailbone)
Setback: Major shed in 2010 when at 38"
New Goal: Healthy hair that I'm happy with! (Preferably tailbone with thick hemline.)

Current Routine
CWCA: C = condition the length with conditioner or shea butter; W = wash the scalp using diluted organic shampoo; Condition = small amount of conditioner on ends; A = acidic rinse, either ACV or citric acid; Frequency = once a week. In-between times, scalp washes as required.
Tips for super soft hair = Wash with Miracle Water. Finish up with LOC (Liquid = water; Oil = almond/olive/avocado oils; Cream = aloe vera gel)
Other: Regular micro-trims; light oiling on dry hair a few times a week; BBB; wooden comb; Mason Pearson comb; hair sticks, Flexi-8's, Ficcare, and other hair friendly toys.

'Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfailing beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.' 1 Peter 3:3-4

Fox

September 5th, 2018, 3:42 am #2

Your hair looks great Jules! I think sometimes trimming off a bit of the V makes the hemline look thicker. I still need to try and measure, but do t have help, so, we will see how it goes.
-Fox
Starting my growing journey all over again after health issues took a major toll on my hair.
17/25.5/35+ - Type 2C-3bMii Somewhat fine, wavy (with corkscrew curls on the underneath layer), natural color is light brown with gold and red highlights. Previously used henna for years, but had it highlighted out over a couple of years. Currently trying to decide what to do as far as continuing with that to keep up the roots or doing something different.

Products Used:
Aubrey Organics S&C - my most favorite, but currently using Neways Second Chance Shampoo, SheaMoisture's High Porosity Moisture-Seal Masque,
Sally Beauty Generic Value Product's version of Matrix Biolage conditioner (as a leave in, not rinsed out)
Aubrey Organics Chia Gel
Vinegar/herbal rinses
Oils: Jojoba, Castor, Coconut & essential oils
MP Popular Mix Brush
MP & Madora wide tooth combs
Vitamins/Minerals/Herbal supplements

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, they will become your character. Develop your character for it becomes your destiny."

September 8th, 2018, 3:02 pm #3

I also think your hair looks great, Jules! A trim can do wonders, especially in terms of confidence. I'm glad you feel happy with your hair. I don't think tailbone is so far away from your current length, though. You never know, you may find yourself taking down your hair one evening and finding out that you're close to or at tailbone ;)
Hair type: 2b/M/C/iii
Current length: classic+
Current goal: knee

Current routine:
~ alternating a NW/SO (no water/sebum only) routine with occasional washes. I use the techniques of NW/SO (brushing, scritching and preening) almost daily, but I do a shampoo wash every month or two.

Products and tools:
~ Alverde Birke-Salbei shampoo
~ occasionally oiling the ends with either coconut or almond oil; currently experimenting with argan oil
~ an assortment of BBBs
~ Tangle Teezer/Tangle Angel & wide-tooth comb
~ hair friendly hair toys, for putting up hair and forgetting about it

Hair journal (rarely updated nowadays):
http://www.network54.com/Forum/663765

Confirmation of reply: