I will never ever ever....

I will never ever ever....

September 26th, 2011, 3:11 pm #1

... use this product again. Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Treatment. Horrible stuff. Of course I am speaking of my own experience, and having used the Carrot Oil by the same company (which I love, find it very helpful) I expected the same great results ...with maybe a subtle difference.

The first time I used it I used way too much, so I thought that was why I was in a pickle. But this last time I used such a teeny amount I never would have guessed the product would linger on through a few washes and, what is worse, I had a bit of breakage. I never have breakage so I was saddened to see this.

I decided to pamper my tresses with a deeper conditioning treatment, and decided to bypass the shampoo since I just washed a couple of days ago. I rinsed my hair very well, diluted some Napa Valley Organic White Wine Vinegar (I love this vinegar) and rinsed with it, I let it soak in, then rinsed again (my hair felt so soft), then conditioned with Smooth as Silk by Giovanni, rinsed lightly, put a little of my Burt's Bees Hair Repair on the last few inches... plaited in one French braid and let it air dry.

Took forever to do so. I "washed" in the afternoon and at three in the morning I woke up to fairly dampened tresses. So I unbound the lot and let it dry until I was tired from my reading. Then I braided it up and went to bed.

This morning's hair is soft and smooth, not a hint of dryness.

Well, I just thought I would share this... and this --> my hubby, who is now home, keeps commenting on how long my hair is! He hasn't seen it down yet either, just braided. As some of you know he has been away.

elvea rose
1c / ultra fine / i

"...like the soft light of the moon,
silvering over the evening of life."

~a quote by Johann Paul Friedrich Richter

My hopes ~
Tresses to my hips and mock faerie-tale endings,
but what I need is a hefty dose of patience... and tyme!

And this is why...
June '07~ my last color enhancement treatment
March '09~ 23" all natural tresses
December '09~ 26" **first goal**
August '10 to May '11~ 28" **unwittingly kept there**
October '11~ 29 1/4"

Second goal... 30 inches
Third is 33 inches
Lastly... to tag bcl

September 26th, 2011, 3:20 pm #2

Ugh...I hate the whole trial and error thing....

I'm impressed by your bravery to try new things, Elvea! I am such a coward, when it comes to trying new things on my hair...

If you have a lot of it left, you should list on the Swap Spot here on the Loom....somebody might love it!

How long has your hubby been home? I bet you are a happy girl...he has been gone quite a while, no?

~Misty

Joined 8/26/2010

Hair Length: 35.50" (when left curly)
37.00" (when straightened out)

Hair Type: 3cnii
Naturally curly

Goal Length: We'll see how long it will get!

Main Goal: To have my hair be healthy and long

***One hair on the head is worth two in the brush***

Please visit my Etsy shop:http://www.etsy.com/shop/SilverHeelsTradingCo
My Website:http://hotrodangel.webs.com/

September 26th, 2011, 3:29 pm #3

Gosh I just love your new siggie!

Well this is a lesson learned. I don't want to try out anything new anymore.

My hubby has been gone since December of '08. He went back indefinitely to West Virgina to do some work at the Holy Cross Monastery. Next thing you know the work kept coming so he stayed. He would come home to visit, but when he had his accident last November he stayed at the Monastery to heal and slowly ease back into working again.

Not so happy, he's not happy.

elvea rose
1c / ultra fine / i

My hopes ~

And this is why...
October '11~ 29 1/4"

Second goal... 30 inches
Third is 33 inches
Lastly... to tag bcl

September 26th, 2011, 7:27 pm #4

... use this product again. Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Treatment. Horrible stuff. Of course I am speaking of my own experience, and having used the Carrot Oil by the same company (which I love, find it very helpful) I expected the same great results ...with maybe a subtle difference.

The first time I used it I used way too much, so I thought that was why I was in a pickle. But this last time I used such a teeny amount I never would have guessed the product would linger on through a few washes and, what is worse, I had a bit of breakage. I never have breakage so I was saddened to see this.

I decided to pamper my tresses with a deeper conditioning treatment, and decided to bypass the shampoo since I just washed a couple of days ago. I rinsed my hair very well, diluted some Napa Valley Organic White Wine Vinegar (I love this vinegar) and rinsed with it, I let it soak in, then rinsed again (my hair felt so soft), then conditioned with Smooth as Silk by Giovanni, rinsed lightly, put a little of my Burt's Bees Hair Repair on the last few inches... plaited in one French braid and let it air dry.

Took forever to do so. I "washed" in the afternoon and at three in the morning I woke up to fairly dampened tresses. So I unbound the lot and let it dry until I was tired from my reading. Then I braided it up and went to bed.

Well, I just thought I would share this... and this --> my hubby, who is now home, keeps commenting on how long my hair is! He hasn't seen it down yet either, just braided. As some of you know he has been away.

elvea rose
1c / ultra fine / i

My hopes ~

And this is why...
October '11~ 29 1/4"

Second goal... 30 inches
Third is 33 inches
Lastly... to tag bcl
I cringed while reading about that horrible treatment. It sure is nasty, since it caused breakage I'm impressed how you managed to recuperate your hair. As skitterish as I am, I would have probably panicked.

P.S. I remember that your husband has been away, and that he had that accident... I hope he is fully healed now. Oh, and since he can't stop commenting on the length of your hair, I'd say he is totally smitten

Hair type: 2b/M/C/iii
Current length: classic
Primary goal: thickening the ends

Hair journal:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/663765

Routine:
- NW/SO on the scalp, with periodical length
washes (Alverde birke-salbei shampoo for the length)
- brushing, scritching, preening and massaging daily
- occasional S&D trims
- trimming the ends whenever they start looking funny
Hair type: 2b/M/C/iii
Current length: classic+
Current goal: knee

Current routine:
~ alternating a NW/SO (no water/sebum only) routine with occasional washes. I use the techniques of NW/SO (brushing, scritching and preening) almost daily, but I do a shampoo wash every month or two.

Products and tools:
~ Alverde Birke-Salbei shampoo
~ occasionally oiling the ends with either coconut or almond oil; currently experimenting with argan oil
~ an assortment of BBBs
~ Tangle Teezer/Tangle Angel & wide-tooth comb
~ hair friendly hair toys, for putting up hair and forgetting about it

Hair journal (rarely updated nowadays):
http://www.network54.com/Forum/663765

September 27th, 2011, 12:19 am #5

elvea rose
1c / ultra fine / i

My hopes ~

And this is why...
October '11~ 29 1/4"

Second goal... 30 inches
Third is 33 inches
Lastly... to tag bcl
Like Misty, I am a coward to try new stuff. Sorry this happened. Hope your husband is feeling well, and you both can enjoy his time at home.

1AFii
Hair: All natural dark brown and silver.
Washing: Once or twice a week. Condition from ears on down. Cold as I can stand it final rinse.
Shampoo/Conditioner:Aubrey's Honeysuckle Rose Shampoo and Conditioner. Nature's Gate Organics Biotin Shampoo and Conditioner.
Wide tooth comb
Kind Regards,
lacemitts
Last edited by lacemitts on September 27th, 2011, 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

September 28th, 2011, 6:22 am #6

elvea rose
1c / ultra fine / i

My hopes ~

And this is why...
October '11~ 29 1/4"

Second goal... 30 inches
Third is 33 inches
Lastly... to tag bcl
I'm avoiding trying new products as much as I can because I'm afraid of something like what you experienced... One can never know in advance, and it's so frustraiting to get the wrong one and put your hair through such things after all the love and care you bestow on it
I'm glad you managed to turn the disaster into a good deep treatment and your hair is happy again

You should definitely show your beautiful hair to your hubby in all it's glory, if even your braided hair impressed him and he noticed the growth, he would probably be amazed seing your hair down

My hair journal:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/677710

Confirmation of reply: