I am so tired

I am so tired

April 1st, 2011, 5:11 pm #1

of my hair. Or rather the effect my hair has on people. With my long blond hair, I look like a barbie doll, and get treated as such. I am so tired of being juged based on my looks, rather than who I am as a person.
Why do people exclude me, judge me and like or dislike me purely because of what I look like? It is so unfair, I am NOT my looks.
I feel like cutting my hair off, but I guess that won't make people less shallow. I don't know what to do anymore, my hair makes me very very unhappy at the moment. Please help

Sept 07

Aug 10

19,7/waist/waist all one length

April 1st, 2011, 5:41 pm #2

No help really... But i'm just going to say, regardless of what you look like, short hair or long, people are going to judge by apperances. I'm so sorry people are treating you that way.

I can also say, I feel your pain to some degree. I am very atypical in my looks and the way I dress, so I know what it's like for people to make judgements.

Is it ok if I pray for you? (private prayers, of course)

Jordan Elizabeth
Http://heavenlyprincess.wordpress.com

33"/waist length red hair
3a/N/iii
Picture coming soon!

April 1st, 2011, 6:50 pm #3

of my hair. Or rather the effect my hair has on people. With my long blond hair, I look like a barbie doll, and get treated as such. I am so tired of being juged based on my looks, rather than who I am as a person.
Why do people exclude me, judge me and like or dislike me purely because of what I look like? It is so unfair, I am NOT my looks.
I feel like cutting my hair off, but I guess that won't make people less shallow. I don't know what to do anymore, my hair makes me very very unhappy at the moment. Please help

Sept 07

Aug 10

People can be so shallow at times it blows my mind away... But unfortunately there's nothing that can be done to make them grow some brain...
Probably the only thing you can do is make your hair less conpicuous during the first time you meet someone, maybe buns or folded braids can help with that as they "hide" the length.
Please don't cut your beautiful hair because of other people's shallowness and stupidity! It won't make them any less stupid, and they'll just find some other feature to judge you by...

April 1st, 2011, 8:24 pm #4

No help really... But i'm just going to say, regardless of what you look like, short hair or long, people are going to judge by apperances. I'm so sorry people are treating you that way.

I can also say, I feel your pain to some degree. I am very atypical in my looks and the way I dress, so I know what it's like for people to make judgements.

Is it ok if I pray for you? (private prayers, of course)

Jordan Elizabeth
Http://heavenlyprincess.wordpress.com

33"/waist length red hair
3a/N/iii
Picture coming soon!
Prayers are very welcome.

In the past, I actually dressed strange, dyed my hair all colours of the world en cut it shorter and shorter just to not be so generic. And yes also then, people judged me on my looks. I wish being myself would be good enough.

April 1st, 2011, 9:27 pm #5

Sept 07

Aug 10

my dear - I totally understand you. It's hard when people judge you solely by your looks. However, it's a cruel reality. Very few people try to go beyond the physical appearance while meeting and interacting with someone... Unfortunately, it is so

Yes, your beautiful blond hair is a feature that most people instantly notice. No wonder, since your color is exquisite. When I was a child, I longed for blond hair, a hue just like yours. So don't be hard on your hair, please. I too would feel unhappy if people treated me like a Barbie doll, certainly. I had my fair share of hair stereotypes, so I think I know how you feel. My hair is black at the roots, and it's considered black, even though the length is lighter. People said it was a sure sign of being a devil, a devil's spawn, and so on (my head is invariably the darkest one in any collective I find myself, so no wonder it's noticed).

Luckily, my father inspired me with one of his statements: "I can't change the world, but the world can't change me either!". Thanks to that expression of defiance, my stubbornness blossomed. I rarely thought twice about those silly and downright sordid things people said about my hair, that could very well stem out of jealousy or other issues.

You know what, sweetie? Cutting your gorgeous hair wouldn't solve anything. It would only make you miserable. And people who judge your looks would bash your short hair just like they bash your long hair. Such personages will remain shallow no matter what, and are best kept like mere acquaintances. Besides, you have us, your Loom buddies, who admire your hair and your personality! So cheer up, girlie - you are beautiful inside and out

Nov 2009 Apr 2010 a great hair day

Hair type: 2b/M/C/iii
Current length: tailbone
Primary goal: thickening the ends
Secondary goal: classic

Hair journal:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/663765

Routine:
- NW/SO on the scalp, with periodical length
washes (Alverde birke-salbei shampoo for the length)
- brushing, scritching, preening and massaging daily
- occasional S&D trims
- trimming the ends whenever they start looking funny
Current length: classic+
Current goal: knee

Current routine:
~ alternating a NW/SO (no water/sebum only) routine with occasional washes. I use the techniques of NW/SO (brushing, scritching and preening) almost daily, but I do a shampoo wash every month or two.

Products and tools:
~ Alverde Birke-Salbei shampoo
~ occasionally oiling the ends with either coconut or almond oil; currently experimenting with argan oil
~ an assortment of BBBs
~ Tangle Teezer/Tangle Angel & wide-tooth comb
~ hair friendly hair toys, for putting up hair and forgetting about it

Hair journal (rarely updated nowadays):

April 1st, 2011, 9:28 pm #6

Sept 07

Aug 10

even though I don't have "Barbie" hair I suspect people judge me on my hair and the fact that it's long at my age and has several grey streaks. I can almost hear them thinking: "Why doesn't she cut and colour her hair and do something with it for a change instead of looking like she's let herself go?" Some have even come close to saying it by hinting that at my age a woman needs to take more care with her appearance so that it doesn't look like she's given up and let herself go.

So I understand. However I have no answers for you. I wish that what other people thought didn't make me feel so insecure about myself but it does. And unfortunately, for most people in real life, the first thing they see is your appearance and they judge accordingly. We say it's shallow but I've been guilty of it too. Perhaps not hair so much but other things. All I can say is do what you want and what makes you happy and don't try to please others because the truth is, whatever you do probably won't please them anyway.

Progress from June 2006 - January 2011

2a/M/ii
Mid-Dark brown with natural red and silver highlights; fringe/bangs.
Starting length 25"/62.5cm (BSL)
Current length 33.5" (Cut back from 38.5" February 2011 following a massive shed.)
New Goal 41.5"/105.5cm (Classic length)

Current routine: Scalp wash every second day using shampoo bars from Beauty and the Bee. Finish with acidic rinse (1 tsp ACV or lime juice to 2 cups of water). Once a week use shampoo bar on length as well as scalp. Daily oiling with almond oil.
Other: S&D when I think of it; BBB; wooden comb; Mason Pearson comb; hair sticks, Flexi-8's, Ficcare, and other hair friendly toys.

'Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfailing beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.' 1 Peter 3:3-4

My Website

On Eagles' Wings (My Blog)

My Method for Scalp Washes
Last edited by CrowningGlory on April 1st, 2011, 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hair Journey Began in June 2006 ...

Hair Type: 2a/M/ii
Hair Colour: Dark brown with natural red and silver highlights (more silver than red nowadays)
Starting length: 25"/62.5cm (BSL)
Initial Goal length: 36" (Tailbone)
Setback: Major shed in 2010 when at 38"
New Goal: Healthy hair that I'm happy with! (Preferably tailbone with thick hemline.

Current Routine
CWCA: C = condition the length with conditioner or shea butter; W = wash the scalp using diluted organic shampoo; Condition = small amount of conditioner on ends; A = acidic rinse, either ACV or citric acid; Frequency = once a week. In-between times, scalp washes as required.
Tips for super soft hair = Wash with Miracle Water. Finish up with LOC (Liquid = water; Oil = almond/olive/avocado oils; Cream = aloe vera gel)
Other: Regular micro-trims; light oiling on dry hair a few times a week; BBB; wooden comb; Mason Pearson comb; hair sticks, Flexi-8's, Ficcare, and other hair friendly toys.

'Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfailing beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.' 1 Peter 3:3-4

April 1st, 2011, 9:31 pm #7

my dear - I totally understand you. It's hard when people judge you solely by your looks. However, it's a cruel reality. Very few people try to go beyond the physical appearance while meeting and interacting with someone... Unfortunately, it is so

Yes, your beautiful blond hair is a feature that most people instantly notice. No wonder, since your color is exquisite. When I was a child, I longed for blond hair, a hue just like yours. So don't be hard on your hair, please. I too would feel unhappy if people treated me like a Barbie doll, certainly. I had my fair share of hair stereotypes, so I think I know how you feel. My hair is black at the roots, and it's considered black, even though the length is lighter. People said it was a sure sign of being a devil, a devil's spawn, and so on (my head is invariably the darkest one in any collective I find myself, so no wonder it's noticed).

Luckily, my father inspired me with one of his statements: "I can't change the world, but the world can't change me either!". Thanks to that expression of defiance, my stubbornness blossomed. I rarely thought twice about those silly and downright sordid things people said about my hair, that could very well stem out of jealousy or other issues.

You know what, sweetie? Cutting your gorgeous hair wouldn't solve anything. It would only make you miserable. And people who judge your looks would bash your short hair just like they bash your long hair. Such personages will remain shallow no matter what, and are best kept like mere acquaintances. Besides, you have us, your Loom buddies, who admire your hair and your personality! So cheer up, girlie - you are beautiful inside and out

Hair journal:

Routine:
- occasional S&D trims
I can't believe people said that about your hair. I think such things were believed in the Middle Ages of various hair colours and types (I think it varied from culture to culture depending on what was predominant in that culture) but I didn't think anyone would seriously consider such a thing now let alone remark on it.

Sorry if I've offended you but I feel saddened that anyone could even think that of you.

Progress from June 2006 - January 2011

2a/M/ii
Mid-Dark brown with natural red and silver highlights; fringe/bangs.
Starting length 25"/62.5cm (BSL)
Current length 33.5" (Cut back from 38.5" February 2011 following a massive shed.)
New Goal 41.5"/105.5cm (Classic length)

Current routine: Scalp wash every second day using shampoo bars from Beauty and the Bee. Finish with acidic rinse (1 tsp ACV or lime juice to 2 cups of water). Once a week use shampoo bar on length as well as scalp. Daily oiling with almond oil.
Other: S&D when I think of it; BBB; wooden comb; Mason Pearson comb; hair sticks, Flexi-8's, Ficcare, and other hair friendly toys.

My Website

On Eagles' Wings (My Blog)

My Method for Scalp Washes

Hair Journey Began in June 2006 ...

Hair Type: 2a/M/ii
Hair Colour: Dark brown with natural red and silver highlights (more silver than red nowadays)
Starting length: 25"/62.5cm (BSL)
Initial Goal length: 36" (Tailbone)
Setback: Major shed in 2010 when at 38"
New Goal: Healthy hair that I'm happy with! (Preferably tailbone with thick hemline.

Current Routine
CWCA: C = condition the length with conditioner or shea butter; W = wash the scalp using diluted organic shampoo; Condition = small amount of conditioner on ends; A = acidic rinse, either ACV or citric acid; Frequency = once a week. In-between times, scalp washes as required.
Tips for super soft hair = Wash with Miracle Water. Finish up with LOC (Liquid = water; Oil = almond/olive/avocado oils; Cream = aloe vera gel)
Other: Regular micro-trims; light oiling on dry hair a few times a week; BBB; wooden comb; Mason Pearson comb; hair sticks, Flexi-8's, Ficcare, and other hair friendly toys.

April 1st, 2011, 9:45 pm #8

of course you haven't offended me! You are very tactful - thank you for you comment and compassion

Well, no one all grown up had made such a remark - we're after all, a civilized country But throughout childhood and adolescence there were always some children/teenagers who felt compelled to share speculations on my... origin (in lack of a better word) with me. It didn't help that I was always quiet and a bit reserved, and then my (for Europe) unusual facial features... Even though it made me sad in the day, now when I look at it, it seems so silly and childish. Oh well, I guess it was due to overactive imaginations

Hair journal:

Routine:
- occasional S&D trims

Current routine:
~ alternating a NW/SO (no water/sebum only) routine with occasional washes. I use the techniques of NW/SO (brushing, scritching and preening) almost daily, but I do a shampoo wash every month or two.

Products and tools:
~ occasionally oiling the ends with either coconut or almond oil; currently experimenting with argan oil
~ an assortment of BBBs

April 2nd, 2011, 12:15 am #9

Sept 07

Aug 10

Hi - I just read through this thread and I have to admit, I'm confused. Maybe it's because of my age (58) and I just don't care what people think of me. Actually, I've never given a rat's a** what people think about me. Face it, some people are just narrow minded and haters. Don't cut your hair off unless YOU want to. Don't compromise who you are or what you love simply to attempt to find acceptance from people you'll never see again or those that are petty and jealous. You're hair is gorgeous and I'm sure your heart is too. I've worn my hair long all my life. I've also learned to surround myself with people who love me and who view the world not only with eyes wide open but with open minds. Maybe you're just hanging with the wrong people. Sure, I get looks from people....some folks smile, some stare, few would even have the nerve to even approach me to hurl some petty, negative remark at me. Just because I'm "old" I should cut my hair off and surrender to some generic helmet head hairdo??? It truly saddens me that you would even give the naysayers a second thought. Live your life for you. Look the way you want to look. Surround yourself with a higher caliber of friends. Personally, I think they are simply jealous of your gorgeous hair. Learn to turn a deaf ear to the snarky remarks. You'll never rid the world of mean people, even if you shave your head.

Last edited by duneseeker on April 2nd, 2011, 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 2nd, 2011, 12:18 am #10

Sept 07

Aug 10

My hair is not as light as yours so I don't get the 'Barbie effect', but there have been many times that all people see are my looks. One time that stands out occurred a few years ago.

I was standing in line to buy lunch on my college campus and the man behind me struck up a conversation. After a couple minutes of chit-chat he asked me what my major was. When I answered "Math and physics." He looked very confused and said "But...You're pretty!"
Apparently, because I was pretty I was supposed to be dumb too.

I agree that updos may help, especially with first impressions. Sometimes, long hair worn down, because it is so unusual, is the most memorable thing about first meeting someone. Wearing your hair up could help people get to know you better before they meet your hair.
When my brother wants to be taken more seriously, he wears fake glasses. (Frames with plain glass in them.) They work on strangers, but his friends ask him if he's in costume as Clark Kent!

Lorna

Hairstyle Experiments

2a/M/iii

Holding at tailbone for a while to even up hemline, then on to classic.

Routine:
Shampoo bars, herbal ACV rinses and catnip soaks.

April 2nd, 2011, 12:32 am #11

Sept 07

Aug 10

Because we are living in the age of clip on hair, weaves, wigs and just generally fake hair, I was recently surprised when one of my clients actually thought my hair was fake. She was totally shocked when I told her it was real and that it actually grew out of my head. I busted up laughing. I let her run her hands through my hair just to prove to her I wasn't lying. She was awestruck and amazed. She was totally freaked out. LOL You really can't fix stupid !

April 2nd, 2011, 3:11 am #12

Sept 07

Aug 10

Oh Honey...

Please don't let what others think or say be the basis on how you see yourself. I understand where you are coming from, even though I don't have your beautiful blonde locks...

I have found that it seems like alot of people see me one of two ways...
When I wear my hair down: Men see some sort of vixen (which I'm not) Women see some sort of threat.
When I wear my hair up in a bun: Men see a mousey librarian. Women see an approachable person.

Go figure.

I'm not a vixen, nor a librarian, somewhere in between, I guess. But people make judgements, based on looks, and that's just how people are. Don't let that change who you are, or how you look. Chances are, they would find something to judge even if you had short brown hair. It's life.

You are beautiful person, inside and out. We girls here at the Loom know that. You know that. And the people that really matter in your life know that. Hold your head high, and don't any cr@p from anyone...

~Misty

Joined 8/26/2010

Hair Length: 33.5" (when left curly)
35.75" (when straightened out)

Hair Type: 3cnii
Naturally curly

Goal Length: We'll see how long it will get!

Main Goal: To have my hair be healthy and long

***One hair on the head is worth two in the brush***

Please visit my Etsy shop:http://www.etsy.com/shop/SilverHeelsTradingCo
My Website:http://hotrodangel.webs.com/

April 2nd, 2011, 3:16 am #13

Sept 07

Aug 10

I'm sorry you're frustrated with how people are judging you right now, but you could cut your hair and dye it brown and someone somewhere will have something to say about it.

When I was younger I used to bleach the heck out of my hair to get it your color because I loved being blonde as a child. I was also skinny with a big bust, so I know what it's like to be treated like a Barbie. Frankly I didn't mind too much. I used it to my advantage. You can find out a lot about a person's true motives when they think you're stupid, and I really enjoyed shocking people when they found out I was actually not stupid at all. Sometimes you can change the world....one person at a time. Most people develop first impressions of others that are wrong. It's human nature. But it's very gratifying when the lightbulb goes on and suddenly they realize that they misjudged you. Maybe it makes them think a little before they judge the next person. I have lots of good friends who at one time or another said "when I first met you, I thought you were stuipd, but I now think you're one of the smartest people I know."

Being different will not change anything. I've been "Barbie", and I've been "the fat lady" and everything in between. You just be you and anybody who doesn't like it can go jump in the lake. That's the only way to be happy.

1cF/Mii
CO washing most days, shampoo 1 or 2 times a week. Detangler as needed. Deep condition about once a week with Nyle oil or plain ol' coconut oil. Regularly use coconut oil on ends when the weather is dry. Exfoliate scalp with sugar mixed into cheap conditioner whenever I feel like I need it. NO hair dryers, curling irons or other heat styling ever applied to hair.

23/29.75"/tailbone

My hair right about the time I started, I had tried to dye the bleached ends to match the roots, but as you can see from the next pic, the dye didn't hold very long.

November 2008 since I started using cassia. Not much growth since August but I Love the shine I'm getting from the Cassia and it seems to really be protecting my ends

July 2009--humidity is not my hair's best friend!

April 2nd, 2011, 11:41 am #14

Oh Honey...

Please don't let what others think or say be the basis on how you see yourself. I understand where you are coming from, even though I don't have your beautiful blonde locks...

I have found that it seems like alot of people see me one of two ways...
When I wear my hair down: Men see some sort of vixen (which I'm not) Women see some sort of threat.
When I wear my hair up in a bun: Men see a mousey librarian. Women see an approachable person.

Go figure.

I'm not a vixen, nor a librarian, somewhere in between, I guess. But people make judgements, based on looks, and that's just how people are. Don't let that change who you are, or how you look. Chances are, they would find something to judge even if you had short brown hair. It's life.

You are beautiful person, inside and out. We girls here at the Loom know that. You know that. And the people that really matter in your life know that. Hold your head high, and don't any cr@p from anyone...

~Misty

Joined 8/26/2010

Hair Length: 33.5" (when left curly)
35.75" (when straightened out)

Hair Type: 3cnii
Naturally curly

Goal Length: We'll see how long it will get!

Main Goal: To have my hair be healthy and long

***One hair on the head is worth two in the brush***

Please visit my Etsy shop:http://www.etsy.com/shop/SilverHeelsTradingCo
My Website:http://hotrodangel.webs.com/

I can't approach people with my hair down because woman think I am a thread, and men think I'm something to sleep with.....and with my hair up, people don't think I'm interesting at all.

I'm short too, and I look young. I know lots of people think that looking young and blond is something all woman want and I shouldn't complain, but it doesn't make my life easy. When I'm insecure I don't get any compassion, apart from my beautiful loom friends ofcourse.

April 2nd, 2011, 11:47 am #15

Sept 07

Aug 10

Thank you all so much for all the kind words! I feel so much better knowing there are people who don't judge me for my hair and can admire the beauty of my hair without thinking I must be dumb, shallow and out to steal your men because of it.
I think I will wear my hair up from now on to stop myself from cutting in frustration, I hope in some time I will be happy to be considered a 'pretty' girl, knowing I am a pretty person on the inside too.

You all are truely beautiful people inside and out, I am very thankful I have found this place.

April 3rd, 2011, 6:47 am #16

I am so glad that you are feeling encouraged. You do have beautiful hair, and I pray that one day you'll feel at peace enough with others unspoken or spoken opinions and wear it anyway you like. You've been made this way, this is who you are and may you find confidence and freedom in it.

2BMiii
Committing to growth, starting at 23.5"- Jan 1, 2011
Goal: tailbone length

[/IMG]

April 3rd, 2011, 3:06 pm #17

Sept 07

Aug 10

There are so many who are admiring your hair, you just don't realize it. You might have a couple of people who are treating you a certain way, but surely this does not reflect everyone! Do you realize how rare your hair is? How wonderful is that! Exceptionally beautiful! So be strong and know it comes from their shallow minded selves... it has no part of who YOU are.

peace and play,
elvea rose

"...like the soft light of the moon,
silvering over the evening of life."
~a quote by Johann Paul Friedrich Richter

Loomie since May '04

My hopes ~
Tresses to my hips and mock faerie-tale endings.

What I need is a hefty dose of patience
...and tyme!

1c / ultra fine / i
kept at 28" ...still :\

At 55 I'm comfortable in my body...
...but not in my jeans.

April 3rd, 2011, 3:52 pm #18

Hair journal:

Routine:
- occasional S&D trims
"A cleft in the chin, a devil within." I was so hurt by that remark and began to wonder if it were so. And on top of that I also have a very stern look, mad-all-the-time look. Not soft and gentle, which is how I feel. Soft and gentle.

When I was a young adult, I was often despondent over this mad-all-the-time look and wanted to wear a brown paper bag over my head. My first husband razzed me all the time over it. I could be having the best time, feeling so peaceful, and he would ask me "...why are you mad?" He even got cruel and told me he hated my looks.

Another thing, my sisters taunted me over my "butt chin" when we were all itty bitty things by squeezing it together and making it look like a butt! That hurt in two ways!

Being older now, it no longer bothers me... the mad-all-the-time look and my chin. Sometimes I do wish things were different for me, I get tired of people's reactions too... but hey, we are all just human. We do cast an opinion on what we see.

I have a soft spot in my heart for such people, because they need more of Christ.

peace and play,
elvea rose

Loomie since May '04

My hopes ~

...and tyme!

1c / ultra fine / i

...but not in my jeans.

April 3rd, 2011, 6:55 pm #19

Oh, Elvea, here's a hug
You met lots of mean people in your life And that makes me sad. I guess you are right - they are sad people, and they didn't know what they were doing. But still, it was so hard for you. It's awful when you are put down because of your looks. The remarks I got sound like a picnic compared to the ones you had to face!

Hair journal:

Routine:
- occasional S&D trims

Current routine:

Products and tools:
~ an assortment of BBBs

April 4th, 2011, 9:54 pm #20

Hair journal:

Routine:
- occasional S&D trims
I couldn't have said it any better.  Your hair is beautiful and unless *you* want to cut it, you are going to be even more unhappy trying to get a more desirable reaction from others that may not come. 

My hair journal:http://www.network54.com/Forum/496746/
1bniii Hair Type - Length:46 1/2" Goal: 48" Products - Currently Using:
Organix Shampoo & Conditioners
Chagrin Valley Shampoo Bars w/vinegar rinse
Monoi or Virgin de Coco Creme on ends daily
Shea Butter Creamy Souffle as pre-wash conditioner. Wash 1-2 times a week. Wide tooth wood & bakelite combs. BBB before washing. Braid before bed and oil ends.

April 7th, 2011, 11:24 am #21

Sept 07

Aug 10

Sorry to hear how you have been feeling, and I would just like to reiterate the fact that people will always find something to judge you on, so it is better to just be yourself. Be honest with yourself and love you for who you are, whoever that may be. Ignore the people who don't like you for you, it's a sure good way of finding out who your true friends are!

I am blonde also, and have no problem if anyone ever did call me 'barbie' as personally i have no problem with her. As fair as I am concerned she is not the 'man-stealer' as people make her out to be, in fact she has been with 'ken' most of her life. ;-D.

I actually don't get called barbie often at all though at least not by the people who know me, as I am an intelligent human being as i am sure you also are. I am sure they are just jealous that their hair isn't as nice as yours. Blondes have more fun I say! Be happy in your own skin (and hair I may add).

:-D

My Hair Journalhttp://www.network54.com/Forum/563827/
1c/f/ii 32"/27"/32"
Favourite Products-
Organic care dry nourish shampoo and conditioner
De lorenzo instant restructurant
De lorenzo equilibrium hair treatment
Coconut Oil

~*~...AdDiCtTeD tO LoNg HaIr...~*~

April 9th, 2011, 4:23 am #22

There are so many who are admiring your hair, you just don't realize it. You might have a couple of people who are treating you a certain way, but surely this does not reflect everyone! Do you realize how rare your hair is? How wonderful is that! Exceptionally beautiful! So be strong and know it comes from their shallow minded selves... it has no part of who YOU are.

peace and play,
elvea rose

Loomie since May '04

My hopes ~

...and tyme!

1c / ultra fine / i

...but not in my jeans.
I am really sorry that people have been so hurtful and judgmental--that is very crummy of them. No wonder you are unhappy!

But I bet there are many more people than you realize who both admire your (very beautiful!) hair in a positive way and respect you as a person. I know I tend to hang on to bad things people say and assume that is how most people think of me, which causes me a lot of extra suffering. Of course I cannot know this for sure, but I wonder if all the mean people are just noisier? It takes only one person saying one mean thing to erase one-hundred people thinking nice things but saying nothing.

In any case, I hope you feel better soon and find people who will treat you with more compassion and respect.

winterwren

April 14th, 2011, 1:18 am #23

Sept 07

Aug 10

Your hair is gorgeous and I am sure you are too ( inside and out). I wish people didn't judge on appearances, I know God doesn't.
Never cut off your beautiful hair because of the ignorance of others- it took you a long time to get it to the length it is and I am sure you care for it well.

Once again, you have stunning hair and it is yours- so treasure it and ignore the ignorant Barbie jabs. Although, I think Barbie is awesome. I actually would love to have hair like Barbie- she rocks!! So, it could also be taken as a compliment.

And, I also am a blonde. Or was a blonde- it has darkened with age and I hated people treating me like I was dumb or ditzy because of it. I wonder how that started anyway?

Allycat.

Confirmation of reply: