How are you wearing your hair today?

How are you wearing your hair today?

June 12th, 2012, 3:21 pm #1

I have mine up in a twisted bun secured with a ficcare clip. It's simple and comfortable! This is an older pic, but the same idea.

...Next!

Gentle Care for Healthy Hair!
1aFii 24.5"/40"/classic (44")

February 2012 - 38.5"

Shampoo Wednesday and Sunday nights - my homemade formula or Suave Naturals
ACV rinse - infused with mint, basil, rosemary and sage w/ lemon EO after shampooing
Conditioner - Suave Naturals as a leave-in

Deep conditioning - every weekend - shea butter, coconut oil, jojoba oil &/or Africas Best Herbal oil usually left on from Saturday evening to my Sunday wash - Fruit of the Earth 100% Aloe Vera gel glossing and setting gel - Vidal Sasson BBB Revlon wide toothed comb

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt

Life Verse:
Joyful in hope,
Patient in affliction,
Faithful in prayer.
Romans 12: 12

Life Chapter: Proverbs 31

June 12th, 2012, 8:58 pm #2

It's my old stand-by today...it probably has a name somewhere, but basically I fold my length on itself, give a couple of twists to form a bun and secure with a single stick. It takes 2 seconds and stays up and out of my way while I run around after 2 kids and a couple dogs, LOL! Today's stick of choice is a sparkly pink one my husband slipped into my stocking at Christmas this year.

Kace

Hair type: 2c/n/ii

28.5/32/35

Current routine: CWC 3 times a week, occasional ACV rinse, coconut oil on ends daily

June 13th, 2012, 1:38 am #3

I have mine up in a twisted bun secured with a ficcare clip. It's simple and comfortable! This is an older pic, but the same idea.

...Next!

February 2012 - 38.5"

ACV rinse - infused with mint, basil, rosemary and sage w/ lemon EO after shampooing

Deep conditioning - every weekend - shea butter, coconut oil, jojoba oil &/or Africas Best Herbal oil usually left on from Saturday evening to my Sunday wash - Fruit of the Earth 100% Aloe Vera gel glossing and setting gel - Vidal Sasson BBB Revlon wide toothed comb

Life Verse:
Joyful in hope,
Patient in affliction,
Faithful in prayer.

ol' cinnabun secured with a silver Ficcare that was a gift from a special friend. I seem to be doing lots of cinnabuns lately but it's a good to-go style and hopefully by changing the accessories each day, no one notices.

Progress from June 2006 - January 2011

2a/M/ii
Mid-Dark brown with natural red and silver highlights; fringe/bangs.
Starting length: 25"/62.5cm (BSL)
Current length: 33.5" (Cut back from 38.5" February 2011 following a massive shed.)
New Goal: Healthy hair that I'm happy with!

Current routine: Scalp wash every second to third day using Chagrin Valley shampoo bars. Finish with acidic rinse (1 tsp ACV or lime juice to 1 to 2 cups of water or herbal tea). Full wash once a week using A'kin conditioner or an egg wash to cleanse the length and shampoo bars or A'kin shampoo on the scalp.
Other: Oiling when required with avocado and almond oil or shea butter; regular micro-trims; BBB; wooden comb; Mason Pearson comb; hair sticks, Flexi-8's, Ficcare, and other hair friendly toys.

'Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfailing beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.' 1 Peter 3:3-4

My Website

On Eagles' Wings (My Blog)

My Method for Scalp Washes

Hair Journey Began in June 2006 ...

Hair Type: 2a/M/ii
Hair Colour: Dark brown with natural red and silver highlights (more silver than red nowadays)
Initial Goal length: 36" (Tailbone)
Setback: Major shed in 2010 when at 38"
New Goal: Healthy hair that I'm happy with! (Preferably tailbone with thick hemline.)

Current Routine
CWCA: C = condition the length with conditioner or shea butter; W = wash the scalp using diluted organic shampoo; Condition = small amount of conditioner on ends; A = acidic rinse, either ACV or citric acid; Frequency = once a week. In-between times, scalp washes as required.
Tips for super soft hair = Wash with Miracle Water. Finish up with LOC (Liquid = water; Oil = almond/olive/avocado oils; Cream = aloe vera gel)
Other: Regular micro-trims; light oiling on dry hair a few times a week; BBB; wooden comb; Mason Pearson comb; hair sticks, Flexi-8's, Ficcare, and other hair friendly toys.

'Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfailing beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.' 1 Peter 3:3-4

June 13th, 2012, 3:21 pm #4

...Next!

February 2012 - 38.5"

Life Verse:
Joyful in hope,
Patient in affliction,
Faithful in prayer.

Today I am wearing my hair like this:

February 2012 - 38.5"

Life Verse:
Joyful in hope,
Patient in affliction,
Faithful in prayer.

June 13th, 2012, 9:11 pm #5

...Next!

February 2012 - 38.5"

Life Verse:
Joyful in hope,
Patient in affliction,
Faithful in prayer.

for a thread, Kara I'm glad you started it. Your styles look great. I may be late, but here goes my entry. I'm wearing a knot bun today:

Like every bun which involves knotting of any kind, this one is comfy, as it doesn't require excessive pinning.

Hair type: 2b/M/C/iii
Current length: classic
Primary goal: thickening the ends

Hair journal:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/663765

Routine:
- NW/SO on the scalp, with periodical length
washes (Alverde birke-salbei shampoo for the length)
- brushing, scritching, preening and massaging daily
- occasional S&D trims
- trimming the ends whenever they start looking funny
Current length: classic+
Current goal: knee

Current routine:
~ alternating a NW/SO (no water/sebum only) routine with occasional washes. I use the techniques of NW/SO (brushing, scritching and preening) almost daily, but I do a shampoo wash every month or two.

Products and tools:
~ Alverde Birke-Salbei shampoo
~ occasionally oiling the ends with either coconut or almond oil; currently experimenting with argan oil
~ an assortment of BBBs
~ Tangle Teezer/Tangle Angel & wide-tooth comb
~ hair friendly hair toys, for putting up hair and forgetting about it

Hair journal (rarely updated nowadays):

June 14th, 2012, 3:25 pm #6

And I love your fork!

February 2012 - 38.5"

Life Verse:
Joyful in hope,
Patient in affliction,
Faithful in prayer.

June 14th, 2012, 6:13 pm #7

...Next!

February 2012 - 38.5"

Life Verse:
Joyful in hope,
Patient in affliction,
Faithful in prayer.

This is my hair basically every day right now:

A bun with a flexi mostly or a hairstick.

My hair journal:http://www.network54.com/Forum/496746/
1bnii Hair Type - Length:43 1/2" Goal: 48" Products - Currently Using:
Organix Shampoo & Conditioners
CV & Lush Shampoo Bars w/vinegar rinse
Monoi or Virgin de Coco Creme on ends daily
Shea Butter Creamy Souffle as pre-wash conditioner. Wash 1-2 times a week. Wide tooth wood & bakelite combs. TT on wet hair. BBB sometimes. Braid before bed and oil ends.

June 14th, 2012, 8:19 pm #8

And I love your fork!

February 2012 - 38.5"

Life Verse:
Joyful in hope,
Patient in affliction,
Faithful in prayer.

for the lovely compliment, Kara! You're so sweet

Hair journal:

Routine:
- occasional S&D trims

Current routine:
~ alternating a NW/SO (no water/sebum only) routine with occasional washes. I use the techniques of NW/SO (brushing, scritching and preening) almost daily, but I do a shampoo wash every month or two.

Products and tools:
~ occasionally oiling the ends with either coconut or almond oil; currently experimenting with argan oil
~ an assortment of BBBs

June 15th, 2012, 7:33 am #9

...Next!

February 2012 - 38.5"

Life Verse:
Joyful in hope,
Patient in affliction,
Faithful in prayer.

Well, I am not organised to post a picture (and truly it wouldn't be worth looking at)
I am wearing my hair 1/4 up to the side, secured at the crown with an everyday claw clip - leaving a mass of waves (aka: MESS) flowing over my shoulders.
My 1/4 up is basically just taking the hair from the sides near my ears.
My fringe (bangs) are swept to the side today.

Michelle

2BMiii
Committing to growth, starting at 23.5"- Jan 1, 2011

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Last edited by creatingsomethingbeautiful on June 15th, 2012, 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 15th, 2012, 4:08 pm #10

...Next!

February 2012 - 38.5"

Life Verse:
Joyful in hope,
Patient in affliction,
Faithful in prayer.

Yesterday I wore my hair like this:
[/IMG]

I had to wrap the braid twice or it would hang down too far and that looked funny.

Today it is in a simple braid.

February 2012 - 38.5"

Life Verse:
Joyful in hope,
Patient in affliction,
Faithful in prayer.

June 15th, 2012, 4:22 pm #11

Well, I am not organised to post a picture (and truly it wouldn't be worth looking at)
I am wearing my hair 1/4 up to the side, secured at the crown with an everyday claw clip - leaving a mass of waves (aka: MESS) flowing over my shoulders.
My 1/4 up is basically just taking the hair from the sides near my ears.
My fringe (bangs) are swept to the side today.

Michelle

2BMiii
Committing to growth, starting at 23.5"- Jan 1, 2011

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Well, I did feel inspired by Lori and her lovely photos posted earlier. So I took the time (what luxury!!) and gave my hair some pampering (has NOT been done for quiet some time!) and finished with styling my interesting bun/ twisty thing with a Flexi- 8.
Oh- I also 'got organised' just so I could show you!

June 15th, 2012, 4:51 pm #12

I'm glad you took time and got organized! You hair looks awesome!

February 2012 - 38.5"

Life Verse:
Joyful in hope,
Patient in affliction,
Faithful in prayer.

June 15th, 2012, 4:52 pm #13

This is my hair basically every day right now:

A bun with a flexi mostly or a hairstick.

My hair journal:http://www.network54.com/Forum/496746/
1bnii Hair Type - Length:43 1/2" Goal: 48" Products - Currently Using:
Organix Shampoo & Conditioners
CV & Lush Shampoo Bars w/vinegar rinse
Monoi or Virgin de Coco Creme on ends daily
Shea Butter Creamy Souffle as pre-wash conditioner. Wash 1-2 times a week. Wide tooth wood & bakelite combs. TT on wet hair. BBB sometimes. Braid before bed and oil ends.
Your hair always looks fantastic!!

February 2012 - 38.5"

Life Verse:
Joyful in hope,
Patient in affliction,
Faithful in prayer.

June 15th, 2012, 5:17 pm #14

Well, I did feel inspired by Lori and her lovely photos posted earlier. So I took the time (what luxury!!) and gave my hair some pampering (has NOT been done for quiet some time!) and finished with styling my interesting bun/ twisty thing with a Flexi- 8.
First off, I'm so glad to see you, Michelle I hope you and your family have been doing well. Since I haven't heard from you, I wondered how you were. And I'm happy to see posts from you, not to mention pictures
That updo looks stunning, and the Flexi adds a nice touch to it. Your hair is so shiny and healthy - are you still on shampoo bars?

Hair journal:

Routine:
- occasional S&D trims

Current routine:

Products and tools:
~ an assortment of BBBs

June 15th, 2012, 5:19 pm #15

Yesterday I wore my hair like this:
[/IMG]

I had to wrap the braid twice or it would hang down too far and that looked funny.

Today it is in a simple braid.

February 2012 - 38.5"

Life Verse:
Joyful in hope,
Patient in affliction,
Faithful in prayer.

Kara, that's a clever way to change up the look of an ordinary braid. I like how the stick compliments the style.

Hair journal:

Routine:
- occasional S&D trims

Current routine:

Products and tools:
~ an assortment of BBBs

June 15th, 2012, 5:25 pm #16

...Next!

February 2012 - 38.5"

Life Verse:
Joyful in hope,
Patient in affliction,
Faithful in prayer.

Today I had an occasion. We call it promotion around here, and it's basically a ceremony where diplomas (in those cylinder thingies) are handed out to bachelors or masters. I did a simple rosebun and decorated it with three little roses:

It's not a particularly fancy updo, but it worked well with my outfit and the overall tone of the ceremony.

Hair journal:

Routine:
- occasional S&D trims

Current routine:

Products and tools:
~ an assortment of BBBs

June 15th, 2012, 11:48 pm #17

...Next!

February 2012 - 38.5"

Life Verse:
Joyful in hope,
Patient in affliction,
Faithful in prayer.

I couldn't manage to get a pic to turn out, but my hair has been in two lace french braids with the tails rope braided together for the past two days. I put them in Wednesday night fresh from the shower and wore them to work yesterday and today. They have held up quite nicely, I will probably leave them in tomorrow as well.

Lorna

2a/M/iii

Just past tailbone. I plan to take my time getting to classic.

Routine:
Shampoo bars, herbal ACV rinses and catnip soaks.

June 16th, 2012, 3:36 am #18

It looks fantastic. I feel honored to have inspired you to take some time for your hair.

June 17th, 2012, 1:34 pm #19

...Next!

February 2012 - 38.5"

Life Verse:
Joyful in hope,
Patient in affliction,
Faithful in prayer.

I'm not as creative as the rest of you ladies but, yesterday I wore my hair in a half up with EZ-combs. That seems to be my go to style these days. Today I'm wearing it in a mid high pony tail.

Christmas 08 April 09

Close up of my gray hair.

Oil on ends just before combing to help with snarls, 2x a day.

Shampoo every 5 days
Experimenting with ACV, coconut oil, and honey.

Started measuring August 06, at 36.5 inches
1cCii ~ Natural Silver

I am 54 year old and I've been married for 35 years!!

July 1st 07 - Reached 40 inches
July 14 07 - Cut back to 36.5
August 3rd 08 - Reached 40 inches again.
January 1 09 Reached 43 and classic achieved! Cut for a better hemline.
April thru June 40 still. sigh...
March 2010 Classic!!!

36.5/42.5/Classic

Faithful to barbers - they actually trim 1/8th of an inch!!

June 19th, 2012, 3:20 pm #20

...Next!

February 2012 - 38.5"

Life Verse:
Joyful in hope,
Patient in affliction,
Faithful in prayer.

SOOOOO comfortable!

February 2012 - 38.5"

Life Verse:
Joyful in hope,
Patient in affliction,
Faithful in prayer.

June 20th, 2012, 5:55 pm #21

...Next!

February 2012 - 38.5"

Life Verse:
Joyful in hope,
Patient in affliction,
Faithful in prayer.

I do a simple low pony and split it in two. Braid both sides and fasten. Put in stick (or two) above pony elastic. I do two cause of the weight, and then wrap on braid in a figure eight around the sticks. Repeat in opposite direction with other braid. Secure ends (some use pins) quick, easy, comfortable and stays up all day. Will post pics if/when I learn how...

1aFiii auburn (natural)
41 1/2"/42"/?

June 20th, 2012, 7:31 pm #22

I've tried that without braiding first, but it doesn't last long with my slippery hair. I will have to give it a go with your method! Pics would be great!!

February 2012 - 38.5"

Life Verse:
Joyful in hope,
Patient in affliction,
Faithful in prayer.

June 20th, 2012, 7:32 pm #23

...Next!

February 2012 - 38.5"

Life Verse:
Joyful in hope,
Patient in affliction,
Faithful in prayer.

Topsy tail with braid double wrapped. It is so comfortable and easy, but it looks like it took hours!

February 2012 - 38.5"

Life Verse:
Joyful in hope,
Patient in affliction,
Faithful in prayer.

June 20th, 2012, 9:06 pm #24

I've tried that without braiding first, but it doesn't last long with my slippery hair. I will have to give it a go with your method! Pics would be great!!

February 2012 - 38.5"

Life Verse:
Joyful in hope,
Patient in affliction,
Faithful in prayer.

My IT guy is on it... He can read instructions and break it down for me to follow. I look forward to posting my everyday dos and my "fancy" ones too.... Thanks for the the encouragement. Oh, my hair is very slippery too, and I find if it is a bit damp it holds and or locks well in about any style I choose... Even my "No Pins Bun" that I put on the style station forum board... I "cheat" sometimes and let my hair get a bit "dirty" for a more intricate style... I rarely use hairspray or gel etc... I try not to abuse my hair. I have many photos I am eager to share... More coming soon... bye for now

1aFiii auburn (natural)
41 1/2"/42"/?

June 21st, 2012, 10:47 am #25

...Next!

February 2012 - 38.5"

Life Verse:
Joyful in hope,
Patient in affliction,
Faithful in prayer.

Yesterday I wore two braids draped over the top of my head. I secured them with spin pins and they worked like a charm!

Christmas 08 April 09

Shampoo every 5 days

1cCii ~ Natural Silver

March 2010 Classic!!!

36.5/42.5/Classic

June 21st, 2012, 3:43 pm #26

I've seen those spin pins, but I couldn't figure out how I would use them...in braids is a fantastic idea! Woohoo!

February 2012 - 38.5"

Life Verse:
Joyful in hope,
Patient in affliction,
Faithful in prayer.

June 22nd, 2012, 6:57 pm #27

it's great to see you again. How did the move go? Obviously you've been able to find important things like hairtoys! lol

Progress from June 2006 - January 2011

2a/M/ii
Mid-Dark brown with natural red and silver highlights; fringe/bangs.
Current length: 33.5" (Cut back from 38.5" February 2011 following a massive shed.)
New Goal: Healthy hair that I'm happy with!

Current routine: Scalp wash every second to third day using Chagrin Valley shampoo bars. Finish with acidic rinse (1 tsp ACV or lime juice to 1 to 2 cups of water or herbal tea). Full wash once a week using A'kin conditioner or an egg wash to cleanse the length and shampoo bars or A'kin shampoo on the scalp.
Other: Oiling when required with avocado and almond oil or shea butter; regular micro-trims; BBB; wooden comb; Mason Pearson comb; hair sticks, Flexi-8's, Ficcare, and other hair friendly toys.

My Website

On Eagles' Wings (My Blog)

My Method for Scalp Washes

Hair Journey Began in June 2006 ...

Hair Type: 2a/M/ii
Hair Colour: Dark brown with natural red and silver highlights (more silver than red nowadays)
Initial Goal length: 36" (Tailbone)
Setback: Major shed in 2010 when at 38"
New Goal: Healthy hair that I'm happy with! (Preferably tailbone with thick hemline.)

Current Routine
CWCA: C = condition the length with conditioner or shea butter; W = wash the scalp using diluted organic shampoo; Condition = small amount of conditioner on ends; A = acidic rinse, either ACV or citric acid; Frequency = once a week. In-between times, scalp washes as required.
Tips for super soft hair = Wash with Miracle Water. Finish up with LOC (Liquid = water; Oil = almond/olive/avocado oils; Cream = aloe vera gel)
Other: Regular micro-trims; light oiling on dry hair a few times a week; BBB; wooden comb; Mason Pearson comb; hair sticks, Flexi-8's, Ficcare, and other hair friendly toys.

June 26th, 2012, 1:32 am #28

I've seen those spin pins, but I couldn't figure out how I would use them...in braids is a fantastic idea! Woohoo!

February 2012 - 38.5"

Life Verse:
Joyful in hope,
Patient in affliction,
Faithful in prayer.

They are great for securing buns! They do a great job of catching the scalp-hair and the bun. They are invisible and never fall out!

Christmas 08 April 09

Shampoo every 5 days

1cCii ~ Natural Silver

March 2010 Classic!!!

36.5/42.5/Classic

July 23rd, 2012, 12:31 am #29

...Next!

February 2012 - 38.5"

Life Verse:
Joyful in hope,
Patient in affliction,
Faithful in prayer.

Freshly washed hair up in a messy cinnamon bun held with a favorite pair of Mei Fa sticks.

*~Carolyn~*

16?~36 1/2~40
Ashy blonde with a little help now , 1C-M-II
3 1/2" ponytail
Kiehls, Burt Bee's, Nature's Gate and Aveda products
White Rain for CO
Ficcares, Mei Fa hairsticks

Confirmation of reply: