Hoshi's style (Star Trek Enterprise)

Hoshi's style (Star Trek Enterprise)

October 24th, 2003, 11:15 pm #1

Star Trek fans will know Hoshi Sato - she is the communications officer at Enterprise, a really cute asian lady with long dark hair (played by Linda Park).
She almost always wears the same hair style, which I think is very pretty. I finally tried to copy tonight - turned out okay, although I'm afraid I can't compete with her thick, glossy asian hair.

This is how I did it:
- gather a narrow stripe of hair right at the top of your head, from hair line to crown. Brush forward or clip out of the way.
- gather the rest of the upper section (what you would use for a simple half up style, just without the hair you just clipped away) and secure with a small barrette at the crown.
- carefully brush the first section back and down, hiding the barrette.
- secure all hair in a low ponytail (Hoshi wears an elastic usually, my pic shows a FL barrette).

Variations: braid or low bun instead of ponytail. You can't just keep it loose, since the hair on top of the head wouldn't stay in place. I had a hard time keeping the neat anyway, I guess it would work better on thicker hair - you could use an even narrower stripe for the top section and still have enough hair to hide the barrette. If I wanted to wear that style for any length of time I'd probably have to use a little hair spray.

Cheers,
Madeleine

--
Pixie/BS/waist (if it wants to grow that far)
1cFi, dark ash blonde hennaed fiery red

http://www.haarkram.e-something.de

October 25th, 2003, 4:26 pm #2

I am sure you will get a lot of compliments wearing that lovely style.

Angel Hugs and Love

<font face="Diploma Regular" color="Firebrick" size="5">Betty
March 2001 - Present
Buttery Honey Blonde
1c2aM/Ciii
Medium to Coarse, Thick
20 1/2 - Oct 1st 21 1/2 - 30
Next Measuring Jan 1st
Short term goal:
MidBack, 24' By Winter's End

Visit<a href=http://www.angelfire.com/moon/chamomile_garden/>
Chamomile's Garden</a></font>

October 25th, 2003, 8:36 pm #3

Star Trek fans will know Hoshi Sato - she is the communications officer at Enterprise, a really cute asian lady with long dark hair (played by Linda Park).
She almost always wears the same hair style, which I think is very pretty. I finally tried to copy tonight - turned out okay, although I'm afraid I can't compete with her thick, glossy asian hair.

This is how I did it:
- gather a narrow stripe of hair right at the top of your head, from hair line to crown. Brush forward or clip out of the way.
- gather the rest of the upper section (what you would use for a simple half up style, just without the hair you just clipped away) and secure with a small barrette at the crown.
- secure all hair in a low ponytail (Hoshi wears an elastic usually, my pic shows a FL barrette).

Variations: braid or low bun instead of ponytail. You can't just keep it loose, since the hair on top of the head wouldn't stay in place. I had a hard time keeping the neat anyway, I guess it would work better on thicker hair - you could use an even narrower stripe for the top section and still have enough hair to hide the barrette. If I wanted to wear that style for any length of time I'd probably have to use a little hair spray.

Cheers,
Madeleine

--

I'm going to try that. Maybe with a bun,

Phoebe

Fia's Hair typing: 2CNiii
Products: Lustrasilk Cholesterol with aloe; jojoba oil; trying to kick shampooing
Current length: BS
Goal: TL

October 26th, 2003, 7:30 pm #4

This is how I did it:

Cheers,
Madeleine

--

...that you have gorgeous porcelain doll skin!

October 29th, 2003, 11:00 pm #5

... I don't check the Styling Station often.
Thank you Lady Hillingdon, I actually think my skin is one of my best features ... I try to keep it out of the sun (I'd only get freckles anyway )

Cheers,
Madeleine

--

Confirmation of reply: