Haircut!

Haircut!

June 6th, 2012, 4:41 pm #1

Here's my final "before" picture. It was one inch longer than the picture in my signature. Solidly tailbone when straight and unbraided. Yesterday before the cut I got 4 different comments on the length from people I see all the time! I think it was the skinny braids that looked longer. (btw, I didn't tell any of them that I was cutting it!)

Here is the after pic. It's now elbow length - just shy of waist. It feels great!

The person who cut my hair is the dad of a student. I bartered writing class for a haircut It's my first time in a salon since I was 11 and got a free cut at a resort for donating my hair (I know all about donating and it possibly not being used in wigs...it was a free salon cut and I needed my hair cut so that's why I did it!) Anyway, back to this cut. My hair is growing back in after the great shed of 2011 when I lost half of it. It sticks out and curls awkwardly so I got face framing layers to help it blend. Plus I like that I'm now able to leave some out to frame my face when my hair's up.

He had fun with my hair. I've been talking about a cut for months with him, so he knew what I was going for. Plus I see him every week so he knows how I wear my hair on normal days. After cutting it and seeing how it would be naturally I let him heat-style it. I never heat style my hair, mostly because it's takes too much time to do it on myself. Oh, yeah, and damage. But one time isn't gonna be a big deal since I'm blessed with generally healthy hair that can go years without trimming and still won't have more than a few splits.

So that's the story

Jordan Elizabeth
Http://heavenlyprincess.wordpress.com

April 2012
Without the curl it reaches tailbone
33"/41"/40" (tailbone) well fancy that, I'm past my goal
3a/N/ii (I lost half my thickness to shedding this summer - I used to be iii)

June 6th, 2012, 5:39 pm #2

Looks wonderful with the new cut! I have always admired your hair shade and curls.

April 2012

October 2011

August 2011

1BFii
Hair: All natural dark brown and silver.
Washing: Once or twice a week. Condition from ears on down. Cold as I can stand it final rinse. Shampoo/Conditioner:Aubrey's Honeysuckle Rose Shampoo and Conditioner. Nature's Gate Organics Biotin Shampoo and Conditioner.
Wide tooth comb.
Kind Regards,
lacemitts

June 6th, 2012, 11:49 pm #3

Here's my final "before" picture. It was one inch longer than the picture in my signature. Solidly tailbone when straight and unbraided. Yesterday before the cut I got 4 different comments on the length from people I see all the time! I think it was the skinny braids that looked longer. (btw, I didn't tell any of them that I was cutting it!)

Here is the after pic. It's now elbow length - just shy of waist. It feels great!

The person who cut my hair is the dad of a student. I bartered writing class for a haircut It's my first time in a salon since I was 11 and got a free cut at a resort for donating my hair (I know all about donating and it possibly not being used in wigs...it was a free salon cut and I needed my hair cut so that's why I did it!) Anyway, back to this cut. My hair is growing back in after the great shed of 2011 when I lost half of it. It sticks out and curls awkwardly so I got face framing layers to help it blend. Plus I like that I'm now able to leave some out to frame my face when my hair's up.

He had fun with my hair. I've been talking about a cut for months with him, so he knew what I was going for. Plus I see him every week so he knows how I wear my hair on normal days. After cutting it and seeing how it would be naturally I let him heat-style it. I never heat style my hair, mostly because it's takes too much time to do it on myself. Oh, yeah, and damage. But one time isn't gonna be a big deal since I'm blessed with generally healthy hair that can go years without trimming and still won't have more than a few splits.

So that's the story

Jordan Elizabeth

April 2012
Wow, Jordan, your new haircut looks great on you! And seeing that you are happy with it makes me very happy as well. I'm also glad that you are detecting new growth. While it may be unruly, I'd say that it's great that your hair is going back to your normal thickness.
Oh, and I almost forgot - what a thrifty idea, to exchange a writing class for a cut That's very clever of you.

Hair type: 2b/M/C/iii
Current length: classic
Primary goal: thickening the ends

Hair journal:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/663765

Routine:
- NW/SO on the scalp, with periodical length
washes (Alverde birke-salbei shampoo for the length)
- brushing, scritching, preening and massaging daily
- occasional S&D trims
- trimming the ends whenever they start looking funny
Current length: classic+
Current goal: knee

Current routine:
~ alternating a NW/SO (no water/sebum only) routine with occasional washes. I use the techniques of NW/SO (brushing, scritching and preening) almost daily, but I do a shampoo wash every month or two.

Products and tools:
~ Alverde Birke-Salbei shampoo
~ occasionally oiling the ends with either coconut or almond oil; currently experimenting with argan oil
~ an assortment of BBBs
~ Tangle Teezer/Tangle Angel & wide-tooth comb
~ hair friendly hair toys, for putting up hair and forgetting about it

Hair journal (rarely updated nowadays):

June 7th, 2012, 5:18 am #4

Thanks you for the kind comments!

I can't take credit for the cleverness of the bartering idea - it was his. He really wanted to get his hands on my hair He said it was fun to do a long cut. So many of his clients have such short hair. We both had a good time. He was respectful of my preferences and once we decided on each snip he would remind me to breathe

Jordan Elizabeth

April 2012

June 7th, 2012, 5:19 am #5

Looks wonderful with the new cut! I have always admired your hair shade and curls.

April 2012

October 2011

August 2011

1BFii
Hair: All natural dark brown and silver.
Washing: Once or twice a week. Condition from ears on down. Cold as I can stand it final rinse. Shampoo/Conditioner:Aubrey's Honeysuckle Rose Shampoo and Conditioner. Nature's Gate Organics Biotin Shampoo and Conditioner.
Wide tooth comb.
Kind Regards,
lacemitts
Thank you so much! I can't take credit for either

Jordan Elizabeth

April 2012

June 7th, 2012, 8:57 pm #6

Thanks you for the kind comments!

I can't take credit for the cleverness of the bartering idea - it was his. He really wanted to get his hands on my hair He said it was fun to do a long cut. So many of his clients have such short hair. We both had a good time. He was respectful of my preferences and once we decided on each snip he would remind me to breathe

Jordan Elizabeth

April 2012
It must be great to have such a considerate stylist! In your shoes, I too would let the man cut my hair. And it doesn't matter that the barter wasn't your idea - it's clever nonetheless

Current length: classic
Primary goal: thickening the ends

Hair journal:

Routine:
- NW/SO on the scalp, with periodical length
washes (Alverde birke-salbei shampoo for the length)
- brushing, scritching, preening and massaging daily
- occasional S&D trims
- trimming the ends whenever they start looking funny
Current length: classic+
Current goal: knee

Current routine:
~ alternating a NW/SO (no water/sebum only) routine with occasional washes. I use the techniques of NW/SO (brushing, scritching and preening) almost daily, but I do a shampoo wash every month or two.

Products and tools:
~ Alverde Birke-Salbei shampoo
~ occasionally oiling the ends with either coconut or almond oil; currently experimenting with argan oil
~ an assortment of BBBs
~ Tangle Teezer/Tangle Angel & wide-tooth comb
~ hair friendly hair toys, for putting up hair and forgetting about it

Hair journal (rarely updated nowadays):

June 8th, 2012, 3:58 am #7

So that's the story

Jordan Elizabeth

April 2012
it looks good and sounds as if you had a wonderful stylist. Wish you could send him down here.

Progress from June 2006 - January 2011

2a/M/ii
Mid-Dark brown with natural red and silver highlights; fringe/bangs.
Starting length: 25"/62.5cm (BSL)
Current length: 33.5" (Cut back from 38.5" February 2011 following a massive shed.)
New Goal: Healthy hair that I'm happy with!

Current routine: Scalp wash every second to third day using Chagrin Valley shampoo bars. Finish with acidic rinse (1 tsp ACV or lime juice to 1 to 2 cups of water or herbal tea). Full wash once a week using A'kin conditioner or an egg wash to cleanse the length and shampoo bars or A'kin shampoo on the scalp.
Other: Oiling when required with avocado and almond oil or shea butter; regular micro-trims; BBB; wooden comb; Mason Pearson comb; hair sticks, Flexi-8's, Ficcare, and other hair friendly toys.

'Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfailing beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.' 1 Peter 3:3-4

My Website

On Eagles' Wings (My Blog)

My Method for Scalp Washes

Hair Journey Began in June 2006 ...

Hair Type: 2a/M/ii
Hair Colour: Dark brown with natural red and silver highlights (more silver than red nowadays)
Starting length: 25"/62.5cm (BSL)
Initial Goal length: 36" (Tailbone)
Setback: Major shed in 2010 when at 38"
New Goal: Healthy hair that I'm happy with! (Preferably tailbone with thick hemline.)

Current Routine
CWCA: C = condition the length with conditioner or shea butter; W = wash the scalp using diluted organic shampoo; Condition = small amount of conditioner on ends; A = acidic rinse, either ACV or citric acid; Frequency = once a week. In-between times, scalp washes as required.
Tips for super soft hair = Wash with Miracle Water. Finish up with LOC (Liquid = water; Oil = almond/olive/avocado oils; Cream = aloe vera gel)
Other: Regular micro-trims; light oiling on dry hair a few times a week; BBB; wooden comb; Mason Pearson comb; hair sticks, Flexi-8's, Ficcare, and other hair friendly toys.

'Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfailing beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.' 1 Peter 3:3-4

June 11th, 2012, 5:00 pm #8

So that's the story

Jordan Elizabeth

April 2012

1bnii 43 3/4"
Goals: Maintain classic, but may trim back to tailbone if classic proves too unwieldy. Thicken hemline.

June 14th, 2012, 6:14 pm #9

So that's the story

Jordan Elizabeth

April 2012
It looks lovely.  I'm glad you are happy with your cut.

My hair journal:http://www.network54.com/Forum/496746/
1bnii Hair Type - Length:43 1/2" Goal: 48" Products - Currently Using:
Organix Shampoo & Conditioners
CV & Lush Shampoo Bars w/vinegar rinse
Monoi or Virgin de Coco Creme on ends daily
Shea Butter Creamy Souffle as pre-wash conditioner. Wash 1-2 times a week. Wide tooth wood & bakelite combs. TT on wet hair. BBB sometimes. Braid before bed and oil ends.

June 15th, 2012, 7:36 am #10

So that's the story

Jordan Elizabeth

April 2012
Jordan Elizabeth,

What can one say?? It really is so lovely to behold. beautiful colour, beautiful wave.
So pleased you had a great experience with a hairdresser (I must say I was tempted after reading your post!!!)
I hope you are still enjoying your new cut and face framing layers.

Thank you so much for sharing.
Michelle

2BMiii
Committing to growth, starting at 23.5"- Jan 1, 2011

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

June 16th, 2012, 6:46 pm #11

I am still loving my new do. I kept it in its straightened state with touch up around my face through Saturday (so glad my hair is used to one shampoo/week!). It was fun to have easy, brushable, straight hair for a time, but I'm glad to be back to my wavy/curly state! I need to take a pic on a good hair day to put in my siggy!

Jordan Elizabeth

3a/N/ii (I lost half my thickness to shedding last summer - but now it's growing back! I should be iii soon)

June 16th, 2012, 6:49 pm #12

It looks lovely.  I'm glad you are happy with your cut.

My hair journal:http://www.network54.com/Forum/496746/
1bnii Hair Type - Length:43 1/2" Goal: 48" Products - Currently Using:
Organix Shampoo & Conditioners
CV & Lush Shampoo Bars w/vinegar rinse
Monoi or Virgin de Coco Creme on ends daily
Shea Butter Creamy Souffle as pre-wash conditioner. Wash 1-2 times a week. Wide tooth wood & bakelite combs. TT on wet hair. BBB sometimes. Braid before bed and oil ends.
Jordan Elizabeth

3a/N/ii (I lost half my thickness to shedding last summer - but now it's growing back! I should be iii soon)

June 20th, 2012, 6:18 pm #13

So that's the story

Jordan Elizabeth

April 2012
I love your pictures... My hair was never the bright and shiny

1aFiii auburn (natural)
41 1/2"/42"/?

June 24th, 2012, 12:32 am #14

So that's the story

Jordan Elizabeth

April 2012
Before and after. I love your color too, very lucky you are!

elvea rose ~
guardian of faerie mist tresses
1c / ultra fine / i

"...like the soft light of the moon silvering
over the evening of life." ~ Johann Paul Friedrich Richter

My hopeful goal is ~
Tresses to my hips and mock faerie-tale endings
... or the real ones someday...

My hair does well with Sweet Almond Oil for everyday oiling,
it's blended with Rose Geranium and Rosemary.
EVOO for deeper treatments.
Every so often I soak my tresses before I wash with a diluted batch
of Napa Valley Oak Aged Organic White Wine Vinegar.
Love Alba's Acai shampoo and conditioner.
When I remember, I massage a little of Desert Lily's aloe vera
gel on my scalp just before a shampooing.

Winter's dawn '11, tresses fall at 28.5 inches.
Springturn '12 after a trim, nudging 30

December 26th, 2014, 12:30 pm #15

So that's the story

Jordan Elizabeth

April 2012
You're hair is adorable. How do you keep it long without split ends?

Confirmation of reply: