Hair Slide style... Simple Braid Loop

Hair Slide style... Simple Braid Loop

Fox

August 4th, 2003, 9:06 am #1

To make this simple style, start by making a single braid down the back. This is not a French Braid, although that could work too. If your braid tends to unbraid easily, secure your braid end.

Bring your braid up the back of your head, and place fingers at top, allowing the rest of the braid to fall back downward.

Wrap the end of your braid under the main portion of your braid, without tucking too much of the braid under as well. Hold your hand over the braid until you replace your hand with your slide.

Insert your stick, being sure to catch the outer loop of the braid as the stick goes through. You can make the loop wide or close together. In this picture it is a little wider. You can move the braid and stick the stick through as you do it to hold in place.

(The stick used here does not go with this slide, and is really a bit too long for it. I was trying out some of my sticks to see which ones I wanted to use with this)

If you have any questions, just let me know!

-Fox

17/34.75/35+ Type 2CMii (3B underneath layer) Somewhat fine, slightly wavy (with curls on the underneath layer), light brown with gold and red highlights. To see more pictures, click on the gallery collection link found here:
<a href=http://www.geocities.com/ifoxbox/ForeverFox.html"> Forever Fox </a>

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, they will become your character. Develop your character for it becomes your destiny." -John MacArthur

Products Used:

Aubrey Organics S&C
Vinegar/herbal rinses

Oils: Jojoba, Sweet Almond, Virgin Oil de Coco Creme, Monoi, Castor, Meadowfoam Seed & essential oils

Shea Butter (from which I make my own leave-in)
MP Popular Mix Brush
Wood and Horn combs
Vitamins/Minerals/Herbal supplements
-Fox
Starting my growing journey all over again after health issues took a major toll on my hair.
17/25.5/35+ - Type 2C-3bMii Somewhat fine, wavy (with corkscrew curls on the underneath layer), natural color is light brown with gold and red highlights. Previously used henna for years, but had it highlighted out over a couple of years. Currently trying to decide what to do as far as continuing with that to keep up the roots or doing something different.

Products Used:
Aubrey Organics S&C - my most favorite, but currently using Neways Second Chance Shampoo, SheaMoisture's High Porosity Moisture-Seal Masque,
Sally Beauty Generic Value Product's version of Matrix Biolage conditioner (as a leave in, not rinsed out)
Aubrey Organics Chia Gel
Vinegar/herbal rinses
Oils: Jojoba, Castor, Coconut & essential oils
MP Popular Mix Brush
MP & Madora wide tooth combs

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, they will become your character. Develop your character for it becomes your destiny."

August 4th, 2003, 11:03 am #2

An easy style to do, but it looks very beautiful. I can never come up with pretty new styles the way you do!

Love,
~*Leia*~

2bNiii
18/26.1/35 (tailbone)
First goal: Waist length by December 2003 (around 28" on me)
Bangs at 11 inches
Only a few layers left!
CWC Method

August 4th, 2003, 4:25 pm #3

To make this simple style, start by making a single braid down the back. This is not a French Braid, although that could work too. If your braid tends to unbraid easily, secure your braid end.

Bring your braid up the back of your head, and place fingers at top, allowing the rest of the braid to fall back downward.

Wrap the end of your braid under the main portion of your braid, without tucking too much of the braid under as well. Hold your hand over the braid until you replace your hand with your slide.

Insert your stick, being sure to catch the outer loop of the braid as the stick goes through. You can make the loop wide or close together. In this picture it is a little wider. You can move the braid and stick the stick through as you do it to hold in place.

(The stick used here does not go with this slide, and is really a bit too long for it. I was trying out some of my sticks to see which ones I wanted to use with this)

-Fox

17/34.75/35+ Type 2CMii (3B underneath layer) Somewhat fine, slightly wavy (with curls on the underneath layer), light brown with gold and red highlights. To see more pictures, click on the gallery collection link found here:

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, they will become your character. Develop your character for it becomes your destiny." -John MacArthur

Products Used:

Aubrey Organics S&C
Vinegar/herbal rinses

Oils: Jojoba, Sweet Almond, Virgin Oil de Coco Creme, Monoi, Castor, Meadowfoam Seed & essential oils

MP Popular Mix Brush
Wood and Horn combs
If I braid my hair,it comes loose,so I put in tiny black rubberbands,to hold it,is that okay for hair,or damaging?

-Roni

17/23/25 (first goal)dark brown 2b/3b

August 7th, 2003, 2:12 am #4

-Fox

Products Used:

Aubrey Organics S&C
Vinegar/herbal rinses

MP Popular Mix Brush
Wood and Horn combs
I use a Fakkare clip instead or a Dolphin. It is so comfortable and keeps your hair up and out of the way at work!!

Hair today, hair tomorrow, hair always!

Fox

August 7th, 2003, 10:00 am #5

If I braid my hair,it comes loose,so I put in tiny black rubberbands,to hold it,is that okay for hair,or damaging?

-Roni

17/23/25 (first goal)dark brown 2b/3b
If you find your hair is getting stuck on the bands when you take them out, you ought to try pantyhose bands or the Ouchless or Snag-free bands. I think they come in black, but they also come in clear. That should work out well for you!

-Fox

Products Used:

Aubrey Organics S&C
Vinegar/herbal rinses

MP Popular Mix Brush
Wood and Horn combs
-Fox
Starting my growing journey all over again after health issues took a major toll on my hair.
17/25.5/35+ - Type 2C-3bMii Somewhat fine, wavy (with corkscrew curls on the underneath layer), natural color is light brown with gold and red highlights. Previously used henna for years, but had it highlighted out over a couple of years. Currently trying to decide what to do as far as continuing with that to keep up the roots or doing something different.

Products Used:
Aubrey Organics S&C - my most favorite, but currently using Neways Second Chance Shampoo, SheaMoisture's High Porosity Moisture-Seal Masque,
Sally Beauty Generic Value Product's version of Matrix Biolage conditioner (as a leave in, not rinsed out)
Aubrey Organics Chia Gel
Vinegar/herbal rinses
Oils: Jojoba, Castor, Coconut & essential oils
MP Popular Mix Brush
MP & Madora wide tooth combs

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, they will become your character. Develop your character for it becomes your destiny."

Confirmation of reply: