French twist for long straight fine hair

French twist for long straight fine hair

July 18th, 2004, 3:02 am #1

Those of us with straight fine slick hair have a challenge to make a nice french twist and then the added length just makes it more difficult.

I was doing some experimenting and came up with this very workable, comfortable french twist that can be dressed up with lots of toys, or made very exactly with every hair in place or with more of a messy look. Hope the explanation is understandable.

1. Put a claw in part of your hair and push hair up in the back so you get some lift in the front.

2. Start twisting all of your hair in the back and bring it up and around the first claw.

3. Pin various places as you go so hair feels secure. Put in a matching claw after wraping around the first claw. This is where you can make it messy or neat. Tuck in any ends and add hairtoys or more pins. I used one hairpin on the very top of my head as I looped it back down. If your hair still seems flat in front, pull out some hair to give more lift.

[/img]

Standard Hair Lengths

Handmade Scrunchies
19/32/36

July 18th, 2004, 2:33 pm #2

It looks very pretty. I bet it would go great with floral accents too. Thank you for sharing this with us.

:)MrsEl

1aFii
19/27.25/30
Five years of growth and counting.......

<FONT color=RED> "He died for us to give us life, and to give us hope He rose."</font> ~Hope's Song, VeggieTales Easter Carol.

July 18th, 2004, 8:05 pm #3

Those of us with straight fine slick hair have a challenge to make a nice french twist and then the added length just makes it more difficult.

I was doing some experimenting and came up with this very workable, comfortable french twist that can be dressed up with lots of toys, or made very exactly with every hair in place or with more of a messy look. Hope the explanation is understandable.

1. Put a claw in part of your hair and push hair up in the back so you get some lift in the front.

2. Start twisting all of your hair in the back and bring it up and around the first claw.

3. Pin various places as you go so hair feels secure. Put in a matching claw after wraping around the first claw. This is where you can make it messy or neat. Tuck in any ends and add hairtoys or more pins. I used one hairpin on the very top of my head as I looped it back down. If your hair still seems flat in front, pull out some hair to give more lift.

[/img]

Standard Hair Lengths

Handmade Scrunchies
19/32/36
She had some great updoes in Spider Man 2 and that looks just like one of them! Very pretty!

Fox

July 19th, 2004, 5:53 am #4

[/img]

Standard Hair Lengths

Handmade Scrunchies
19/32/36
Just to clarify... when you are twisting the length, you are bring up the hair from around the nape area, and then twisting it so the tail is still hanging downward and you have a looping type twist motion going? I use this in the Dangling French Bun. I need to take better step by steps for it too because I think it was a confusing step for the ladies. It looks like you are doing the same thing I do, but I just wanted to be sure in case I got it wrong!

You did a great job and it looks lovely!

-Fox
-Fox
Starting my growing journey all over again after health issues took a major toll on my hair.
17/25.5/35+ - Type 2C-3bMii Somewhat fine, wavy (with corkscrew curls on the underneath layer), natural color is light brown with gold and red highlights. Previously used henna for years, but had it highlighted out over a couple of years. Currently trying to decide what to do as far as continuing with that to keep up the roots or doing something different.

Products Used:
Aubrey Organics S&C - my most favorite, but currently using Neways Second Chance Shampoo, SheaMoisture's High Porosity Moisture-Seal Masque,
Sally Beauty Generic Value Product's version of Matrix Biolage conditioner (as a leave in, not rinsed out)
Aubrey Organics Chia Gel
Vinegar/herbal rinses
Oils: Jojoba, Castor, Coconut & essential oils
MP Popular Mix Brush
MP & Madora wide tooth combs
Vitamins/Minerals/Herbal supplements

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, they will become your character. Develop your character for it becomes your destiny."

July 26th, 2004, 3:56 pm #5

[/img]

Standard Hair Lengths

Handmade Scrunchies
19/32/36
nm

<font face="Garamond" color="660033" size="2">Betty
March 2001 - Present
Pale Blonde
2abM/Ciii
Medium to Coarse, Thick, Very Long Layers

20 1/2 - July 1st 25 3/4 BSL - 30
2nd Short Term Goal: Past BSL
27" by Fall</font>

<font face="Garamond" color="660033" size="2">The Seasons, 1897
Alphonse Mucha</font>
<font face="Garamond" color="660033" size="2">My Vanity</font>

Linda
Linda

July 8th, 2007, 12:01 am #6

[/img]

Standard Hair Lengths

Handmade Scrunchies
19/32/36
I like to pull my long hair back but for a variety of reasons it doesn't look right, least of which is lack of "poofiness"! I never thought of securing THAT hair first!! THANK YOU!!!!

Confirmation of reply: