French Braided Bun

French Braided Bun

August 25th, 2003, 11:45 am #1

I was wearing a pretty salwar kameez and decided to do this to complete the "image." It's a very simple style to do, as long as you can French braid!

All you have to do is make two French braids on both sides of your head (like pigtails), starting wherever you want. I started just behind the hairline. Then tie off the ends of your braids. Start wrapping one into a bun (and you will probably need something to hold the bun to keep it in a round shape), and then wrap the other braid around the first bun. I secured with mini claw clips because I find they hold better than bobby pins... and this is my bun about 8 hours after I made it!

And here it is from the side:

Sorry for the funny angles, I took the pics myself! If you need clarification, I can do it again and get someone else to take the pics .

Love,
~*Leia*

2bNiii
18/26.1/35? (tailbone)
First goal: Waist length by December 2003 (around 28" on me)
Second goal: Tailbone by June 2004
Bangs at 11 inches

Only a few layers left!

CWC Method, sometimes with a pre-wash oiling of Extra Virgin Olive Oil or heated Coconut Oil

Only using a comb as a detangler, and a Mason Pearson BBB to stimulate the scalp.

Edited to fix picture links
Last edited by Leia9 on November 10th, 2004, 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fox

August 26th, 2003, 7:36 am #2

I love how you see the french braid on the sides and then the bun in back... with your thick hair is just looks great!

-Fox

17/34.75/35+ Type 2CMii (3B underneath layer) Somewhat fine, slightly wavy (with curls on the underneath layer), light brown with gold and red highlights. To see more pictures, click on the gallery collection link found here:
<a href=http://www.geocities.com/ifoxbox/ForeverFox.html> Forever Fox </a>

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, they will become your character. Develop your character for it becomes your destiny." -John MacArthur

Products Used:
Aubrey Organics S&C
Nature's Gate Conditioners (As well as Forest Pure, another brand made by the makers of Nature's Gate)
Vinegar/herbal rinses

Oils: Jojoba, Sweet Almond, Virgin Oil de Coco Creme, Monoi, Castor, Meadowfoam Seed & essential oils

Shea Butter (from which I make my own leave-in)
MP Popular Mix Brush
Wood and Horn combs
Vitamins/Minerals/Herbal supplements
-Fox
Starting my growing journey all over again after health issues took a major toll on my hair.
17/25.5/35+ - Type 2C-3bMii Somewhat fine, wavy (with corkscrew curls on the underneath layer), natural color is light brown with gold and red highlights. Previously used henna for years, but had it highlighted out over a couple of years. Currently trying to decide what to do as far as continuing with that to keep up the roots or doing something different.

Products Used:
Aubrey Organics S&C - my most favorite, but currently using Neways Second Chance Shampoo, SheaMoisture's High Porosity Moisture-Seal Masque,
Sally Beauty Generic Value Product's version of Matrix Biolage conditioner (as a leave in, not rinsed out)
Aubrey Organics Chia Gel
Vinegar/herbal rinses
Oils: Jojoba, Castor, Coconut & essential oils
MP Popular Mix Brush
MP & Madora wide tooth combs
Vitamins/Minerals/Herbal supplements

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, they will become your character. Develop your character for it becomes your destiny."

August 26th, 2003, 12:45 pm #3

I'm sure it would look great with your hair too! You should try it sometime!

Love,
~*Leia*~

2bNiii
18/26.1/35? (tailbone)
Bangs at 11 inches

Only a few layers left!

CWC Method, sometimes with a pre-wash oiling of Extra Virgin Olive Oil or heated Coconut Oil

Only using a comb as a detangler, and a Mason Pearson BBB to stimulate the scalp.

August 26th, 2003, 7:35 pm #4

I was wearing a pretty salwar kameez and decided to do this to complete the "image." It's a very simple style to do, as long as you can French braid!

All you have to do is make two French braids on both sides of your head (like pigtails), starting wherever you want. I started just behind the hairline. Then tie off the ends of your braids. Start wrapping one into a bun (and you will probably need something to hold the bun to keep it in a round shape), and then wrap the other braid around the first bun. I secured with mini claw clips because I find they hold better than bobby pins... and this is my bun about 8 hours after I made it!

Sorry for the funny angles, I took the pics myself! If you need clarification, I can do it again and get someone else to take the pics .

Love,
~*Leia*

2bNiii
18/26.1/35? (tailbone)
Bangs at 11 inches

Only a few layers left!

That looks so beautiful with your thick dark hair! Thanks for sharing that!

August 27th, 2003, 12:51 pm #5

I only wish my hair *wasn't* so dark, because 'dos tend to show up better in lighter hair! Oh, well, the grass is always greener, right?

Love,
~*Leia*~

2bNiii
18/26.1/35? (tailbone)
Bangs at 11 inches

Only a few layers left!

August 28th, 2003, 10:13 pm #6

i'm still learning to do a single french braid someday i'll master and then i can dream of more updos

Kat
Kat

February 13th, 2004, 12:41 pm #7

Love,
~*Leia*

2bNiii
18/26.1/35? (tailbone)
Bangs at 11 inches

Only a few layers left!

Makes me wish I could french braid....

And of course I love salwar kameez too

Confirmation of reply: