For Mermayd...

For Mermayd...

January 23rd, 2007, 7:59 pm #1

This is a style that I saw Tiffanie on the Long Hair Community show in her avatar. Now, since TLHC is down, my link to it no longer works. Mermayd, I hope this is the style you were describing on the main board. If not, it is a great style and is easy as well as comfortable. Okay here goes:
First I gather all of my hair into a pony.

Next, I coil most of it and grab it in the middle with my right hand:

Where I grab it with my right hand, I twist so that the part in my left hand goes under the twist. I twist the top portion a couple more times and it ends up looking like this:
and this: I secure the top portion with my scrolled slide, but I do think a hairstick would work, too. The finished product is a little off center, so I had to adjust it after I got to work, but you get the idea:

Well, let me know what you think!

~Kara

24.5/34.25/?? 1aFii

Shampoo – Wednesday and Sunday nights - my homemade formula
ACV rinse - infused with mint, basil, rosemary and sage w/ lemon EO after shampooing
Conditioner - Suave Naturals as a leave-in (currently using lavender/lilac – yum!)

Deep conditioning - every weekend - shea butter, coconut oil, jojoba oil &/or Africa’s Best Herbal oil – usually left on from Saturday evening to my Sunday wash

Oil – jojoba, coconut, Africa’s Best Herbal, or shea butter

Fruit of the Earth 100% Aloe Vera gel – glossing and setting gel

Vidal Sasson BBB – horn comb – Revlon wide toothed comb

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt

Life Verse:
Joyful in hope,
Patient in affliction,
Faithful in prayer.
Romans 12: 12

Life Chapter: Proverbs 31

Jules
Jules

January 23rd, 2007, 8:47 pm #2

and easy. A variation I often do is to start a cinnamon bun and start securing it, but leave the ends unsecured. It also gives the shorter pony and you can make the pony as long or as short as you like.

Great job Kara!

January 23rd, 2007, 9:40 pm #3

This is a style that I saw Tiffanie on the Long Hair Community show in her avatar. Now, since TLHC is down, my link to it no longer works. Mermayd, I hope this is the style you were describing on the main board. If not, it is a great style and is easy as well as comfortable. Okay here goes:

Where I grab it with my right hand, I twist so that the part in my left hand goes under the twist. I twist the top portion a couple more times and it ends up looking like this:
and this: I secure the top portion with my scrolled slide, but I do think a hairstick would work, too. The finished product is a little off center, so I had to adjust it after I got to work, but you get the idea:

~Kara

24.5/34.25/?? 1aFii

ACV rinse - infused with mint, basil, rosemary and sage w/ lemon EO after shampooing
Conditioner - Suave Naturals as a leave-in (currently using lavender/lilac – yum!)

Deep conditioning - every weekend - shea butter, coconut oil, jojoba oil &/or Africa’s Best Herbal oil – usually left on from Saturday evening to my Sunday wash

Life Verse:
Joyful in hope,
Patient in affliction,
Faithful in prayer.

....my hair is much shorter so I don't have as much ends hanging out of the bottom. Also, I think I twist it differently....Yes....this is what I do:

-Gather hair into a pony.

-Twist most of the length clockwise except for the last couple inches (but remember that my hair is not nearly as long as yours). Also, I twist it upwards, as if making a French Twist, similar to your first photo. I should point out that I twist it with my right hand.

-Next I loop the hair over my left index finger, looping to the right. (I hope that makes sense.) Then I give my hair a counter-clockwise twist. I think you twist in the same direction that you originally twisted. Is that right?

-Then I just clip with a claw.

OK, sorry if that wasn't clear. Lol! I just thought it was similar to what you're doing in the pictures, but slightly different. I'm not saying this is attractive, by the way. (Your style looks way better!) But this is the way I wear my hair pretty much every day.

~MrsEl~

Some recent changes....

1aFii

Bottle Blondes Board

Women of Faith Fellowship

January 23rd, 2007, 11:28 pm #4

~Kara

24.5/34.25/?? 1aFii

Life Verse:
Joyful in hope,
Patient in affliction,
Faithful in prayer.

I love that style. 

SchnauzerMom
1b/F/ii
start 16/21/30
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Routine:
Conditioner/Wash/Conditioner with VO5 Extra Body Conditioner and VO5 Regular Shampoo, do this every 3 days.

mermayd
mermayd

January 24th, 2007, 12:10 am #5

~Kara

24.5/34.25/?? 1aFii

Life Verse:
Joyful in hope,
Patient in affliction,
Faithful in prayer.

The only difference is that I didn't twist "as much" down the hair shaft and I made it a little smaller, so that I'd have a longer tail. Then I wrapped the tail around it all and tucked in the ends. But that's exactly the idea!

The picture looks great! It's also a great style if you want to "wear your hair short" for a day!

mermayd
P.S. That clip is beautiful! And thanks for posting the picture!

January 24th, 2007, 1:42 am #6

~Kara

24.5/34.25/?? 1aFii

Life Verse:
Joyful in hope,
Patient in affliction,
Faithful in prayer.

That is a really pretty style. I've been doing something with similar motions but with much shorter hair. It's nice to see how it will look when my hair gets longer. Kara, where did you get your hair pretty?

14"/20.5"/1st goal bra strap/ 2nd goal: waist
1aFii
Trying some new shampoos
Wide wooden comb on wet hair
Boars hair brush on dry
Sleep in braid/s on satin pillow

http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/img]

January 24th, 2007, 2:36 am #7

~Kara

24.5/34.25/?? 1aFii

Life Verse:
Joyful in hope,
Patient in affliction,
Faithful in prayer.

Thanks for posting!

21/32/?
1BFii
Hair: All natural dark brown with silver creeping in.
Washing: CWC Method twice a week. Cold as I can stand it final rinse.
Shampoo/Conditioner: Aussie Mega/Aussie Moist. Change brands now and then, to give Aussie a break.
Comb: Wide tooth, never brush
For Sleeping: Loose bun
Kind Regards,
Lacemitts

January 24th, 2007, 12:41 pm #8

~Kara

24.5/34.25/?? 1aFii

Life Verse:
Joyful in hope,
Patient in affliction,
Faithful in prayer.

I think my hair is a little too long and thick for this style, but it really does look very pretty on you.

Love,
~*Leia*~

Pic from December 2006

2bMiii
Current length: 42" on November 3, 2006

Growing since January 2003; found TLHL at the end of June 2003 and was at 25". I am 5'4.5".

Leia's Journal

Last Updated: September 23, 2006

January 24th, 2007, 7:43 pm #9

~Kara

24.5/34.25/?? 1aFii

Life Verse:
Joyful in hope,
Patient in affliction,
Faithful in prayer.

try that....lovely!

Tracey
Hair length started at 2" summer 2005
Nov 1st/2006 Is now 25"
Reached first goal of 27" Dec 1st
Sleep: one or two braids
Colour is "chocolate carmel" by Nutresse
2/25/27+
Hair type : 2Bmii
MrsT Hair Journal:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/539563/

January 25th, 2007, 4:25 pm #10

~Kara

24.5/34.25/?? 1aFii

Life Verse:
Joyful in hope,
Patient in affliction,
Faithful in prayer.

You did a great job on the photos and your hair look fantastic that way!

My hair journal: http://www.network54.com/Forum/496746/

1bnii Hair Type - Length: 43 1/2" Goal: 45" Products - Currently Using:
Lush Shampoo bars (Karma,Godiva,Trichomania)
Nature's Gate Herbal Conditioner w/Jojoba
Rose/Lavender vinegar rinses
Monoi and Jojoba oil w/essential oils
Shea Butter Creamy Souffle
BB Brush rarely Hard Rubber & Horn Combs
Routine: Wash 1-2 times weekly. Deep condition with heat cap when time permits Use either Monoi, Jojoba or Shea Butter daily on ends & as pre-shampoo conditioner. I usually use a wide tooth comb but will brush with BBB now & then. Braid before bed and use oil on ends.

Kara
Kara

January 25th, 2007, 7:39 pm #11

That is a really pretty style. I've been doing something with similar motions but with much shorter hair. It's nice to see how it will look when my hair gets longer. Kara, where did you get your hair pretty?

1aFii
Trying some new shampoos
Boars hair brush on dry

[/img]
It is one of my favorites! Thanks for the compliments too! Your hair is so shiny...it looks great now, and will look great when it gets longer, too!

Kara
Kara

January 25th, 2007, 11:56 pm #12

The only difference is that I didn't twist "as much" down the hair shaft and I made it a little smaller, so that I'd have a longer tail. Then I wrapped the tail around it all and tucked in the ends. But that's exactly the idea!

The picture looks great! It's also a great style if you want to "wear your hair short" for a day!

mermayd
P.S. That clip is beautiful! And thanks for posting the picture!
I am glad to have helped! This is a style I wear often because it is so quick and it looks good, well, when I get it in the middle! Thanks for the compliments, too!

GC4HH, ~Kara

Fox

January 26th, 2007, 7:09 am #13

~Kara

24.5/34.25/?? 1aFii

Life Verse:
Joyful in hope,
Patient in affliction,
Faithful in prayer.

-Fox

Special thanks to Carlynn for my custom doll signature!
17/35/40+ Type 2CMii (3B underneath layer) Somewhat fine, slightly wavy (with curls on the underneath layer), Hennaed Auburn. F.L.A. Ranking, Colonel. To see more pictures, click on the gallery collection link found here:<a href=http://www.geocities.com/ifoxbox/ForeverFox.html> Forever Fox </a>

Want custom sticks? Please visit: Sticks and Stones, Hairsticks by Fox

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, they will become your character. Develop your character for it becomes your destiny." -John MacArthur

"Love makes you beautiful" - quote from my nephew at age 7

Products Used:

Ida's Shampoo Bars

Aubrey Organics S&C
Nature's Gate Conditioners

Vinegar/herbal rinses

Oils: Jojoba, Sweet Almond, Virgin Oil de Coco Creme, Monoi, Castor, Meadowfoam Seed & essential oils
Shea Butter (from which I make my own leave-in)

MP Popular Mix Brush and Pure BB brush
Wood and Horn combs
Vitamins/Minerals/Herbal supplements
-Fox
Starting my growing journey all over again after health issues took a major toll on my hair.
17/25.5/35+ - Type 2C-3bMii Somewhat fine, wavy (with corkscrew curls on the underneath layer), natural color is light brown with gold and red highlights. Previously used henna for years, but had it highlighted out over a couple of years. Currently trying to decide what to do as far as continuing with that to keep up the roots or doing something different.

Products Used:
Aubrey Organics S&C - my most favorite, but currently using Neways Second Chance Shampoo, SheaMoisture's High Porosity Moisture-Seal Masque,
Sally Beauty Generic Value Product's version of Matrix Biolage conditioner (as a leave in, not rinsed out)
Aubrey Organics Chia Gel
Vinegar/herbal rinses
Oils: Jojoba, Castor, Coconut & essential oils
MP Popular Mix Brush
MP & Madora wide tooth combs
Vitamins/Minerals/Herbal supplements

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, they will become your character. Develop your character for it becomes your destiny."

January 28th, 2007, 7:59 pm #14

It is one of my favorites! Thanks for the compliments too! Your hair is so shiny...it looks great now, and will look great when it gets longer, too!
I will have to make a trip to Claire's and see if I can find something like that.

And thanks for the compliments on my hair. I'm really happy with the way it's growing and how it's looking. I can't wait for it to get longer so I can do more things with it.

1aFii
Trying some new shampoos
Boars hair brush on dry

[/img]

Confirmation of reply: