Fellow Rapunzels Unite!

Fellow Rapunzels Unite!

June 21st, 2012, 6:08 pm #1

I had to tell everyone here the best news since it is all of you that helped me to hold my head up high and proclaim that I am a Rapunzel and proud of it! My lovely niece Tia is also a Rapunzel. Through sad circumstances that got her very depressed and our family parted for over a year I lost track of my brother and his family...
I found them again by the grace of the good Lord and she had asked her other aunt to cut her hair off into a layered Pixie. When I saw her she screamed and ran to me followed by her 4 other siblings. I was mobbed and tears of joy ran down my face. We hugged, all talked at once and even my long lost brother cried a bit and got into the happy fray!
Tia demanded I take down my bun and prove to her that I had not cut my hair. I did this proudly and without hesitation. She then took down her natural blonde hair and showed me that other than trims she had not cut her length (almost at her waist) either.
Her aunt S was very upset at this reunion as she never liked me and reminded Tia how "super cute" she would be with the new Pixie that they were doing when they got home. My Tia turned very seriously and stated loudly in the parking lot "I am a Rapunzel not a Pixie aunt S! Sissi (that is what my nieces and nephews call me) has been a Pixie several times and told me that she always felt 'lost' without her long hair. So Sissi will help me take care of it as she has always done and I will stay a Rapunzel."
My heart swelled with pride and a warm feeling came over my whole body as I began to laugh happily.
They all turned to me and asked what in the world. I grinned and cuddled my lost brood closer and said simply "Out of the mouths of babes!" They all laughed and I went home with them so blessed and content with being who I really am... A Rapunzel!
Ladies, thanks for all that you have given me in the short time I have been here. God bless all of you!

1aFiii auburn (natural)
41 1/2"/42"/?

June 21st, 2012, 6:50 pm #2

What wonderful news! Not running with the herd is always something to be proud of (and hard to do).

It seems as if in today's world, destroying something of beauty is the "cool" thing to do. "Pretty" is not popular.
2A ~ very fine ~ ii/iii ~ knee length

June 21st, 2012, 11:20 pm #3

I had to tell everyone here the best news since it is all of you that helped me to hold my head up high and proclaim that I am a Rapunzel and proud of it! My lovely niece Tia is also a Rapunzel. Through sad circumstances that got her very depressed and our family parted for over a year I lost track of my brother and his family...
I found them again by the grace of the good Lord and she had asked her other aunt to cut her hair off into a layered Pixie. When I saw her she screamed and ran to me followed by her 4 other siblings. I was mobbed and tears of joy ran down my face. We hugged, all talked at once and even my long lost brother cried a bit and got into the happy fray!
Tia demanded I take down my bun and prove to her that I had not cut my hair. I did this proudly and without hesitation. She then took down her natural blonde hair and showed me that other than trims she had not cut her length (almost at her waist) either.
Her aunt S was very upset at this reunion as she never liked me and reminded Tia how "super cute" she would be with the new Pixie that they were doing when they got home. My Tia turned very seriously and stated loudly in the parking lot "I am a Rapunzel not a Pixie aunt S! Sissi (that is what my nieces and nephews call me) has been a Pixie several times and told me that she always felt 'lost' without her long hair. So Sissi will help me take care of it as she has always done and I will stay a Rapunzel."
My heart swelled with pride and a warm feeling came over my whole body as I began to laugh happily.
They all turned to me and asked what in the world. I grinned and cuddled my lost brood closer and said simply "Out of the mouths of babes!" They all laughed and I went home with them so blessed and content with being who I really am... A Rapunzel!
Ladies, thanks for all that you have given me in the short time I have been here. God bless all of you!

1aFiii auburn (natural)
41 1/2"/42"/?
I love that line! It's something I need to keep in mind when I feel tempted to cut (very strong these past few days).

Actually last week I was called a Pixie because I had pointy shoes on! But I have to remember that deep down I am really a Rapunzel too.

Progress from June 2006 - January 2011

2a/M/ii
Mid-Dark brown with natural red and silver highlights; fringe/bangs.
Starting length: 25"/62.5cm (BSL)
Current length: 33.5" (Cut back from 38.5" February 2011 following a massive shed.)
New Goal: Healthy hair that I'm happy with!

Current routine: Scalp wash every second to third day using Chagrin Valley shampoo bars. Finish with acidic rinse (1 tsp ACV or lime juice to 1 to 2 cups of water or herbal tea). Full wash once a week using A'kin conditioner or an egg wash to cleanse the length and shampoo bars or A'kin shampoo on the scalp.
Other: Oiling when required with avocado and almond oil or shea butter; regular micro-trims; BBB; wooden comb; Mason Pearson comb; hair sticks, Flexi-8's, Ficcare, and other hair friendly toys.

'Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfailing beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.' 1 Peter 3:3-4

My Website

On Eagles' Wings (My Blog)

My Method for Scalp Washes

Hair Journey Began in June 2006 ...

Hair Type: 2a/M/ii
Hair Colour: Dark brown with natural red and silver highlights (more silver than red nowadays)
Initial Goal length: 36" (Tailbone)
Setback: Major shed in 2010 when at 38"
New Goal: Healthy hair that I'm happy with! (Preferably tailbone with thick hemline.)

Current Routine
CWCA: C = condition the length with conditioner or shea butter; W = wash the scalp using diluted organic shampoo; Condition = small amount of conditioner on ends; A = acidic rinse, either ACV or citric acid; Frequency = once a week. In-between times, scalp washes as required.
Tips for super soft hair = Wash with Miracle Water. Finish up with LOC (Liquid = water; Oil = almond/olive/avocado oils; Cream = aloe vera gel)
Other: Regular micro-trims; light oiling on dry hair a few times a week; BBB; wooden comb; Mason Pearson comb; hair sticks, Flexi-8's, Ficcare, and other hair friendly toys.

'Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfailing beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.' 1 Peter 3:3-4

June 22nd, 2012, 3:16 am #4

1aFiii auburn (natural)
41 1/2"/42"/?
n/m

April 2012

October 2011

August 2011

1BFii
Hair: All natural dark brown and silver.
Washing: Once or twice a week. Condition from ears on down. Cold as I can stand it final rinse. Shampoo/Conditioner:Aubrey's Honeysuckle Rose Shampoo and Conditioner. Nature's Gate Organics Biotin Shampoo and Conditioner.
Wide tooth comb.
Kind Regards,
lacemitts

June 22nd, 2012, 6:39 am #5

I love that line! It's something I need to keep in mind when I feel tempted to cut (very strong these past few days).

Actually last week I was called a Pixie because I had pointy shoes on! But I have to remember that deep down I am really a Rapunzel too.

2a/M/ii
Current length: 33.5" (Cut back from 38.5" February 2011 following a massive shed.)

Current routine: Scalp wash every second to third day using Chagrin Valley shampoo bars. Finish with acidic rinse (1 tsp ACV or lime juice to 1 to 2 cups of water or herbal tea). Full wash once a week using A'kin conditioner or an egg wash to cleanse the length and shampoo bars or A'kin shampoo on the scalp.
Other: Oiling when required with avocado and almond oil or shea butter; regular micro-trims; BBB; wooden comb; Mason Pearson comb; hair sticks, Flexi-8's, Ficcare, and other hair friendly toys.

My Website

With your gorgeous hair, Rapunzel is the real you in my opinion...

1aFiii auburn (natural)
41 1/2"/42"/?

June 22nd, 2012, 6:41 am #6

n/m

April 2012

October 2011

August 2011

1BFii
Washing: Once or twice a week. Condition from ears on down. Cold as I can stand it final rinse. Shampoo/Conditioner:Aubrey's Honeysuckle Rose Shampoo and Conditioner. Nature's Gate Organics Biotin Shampoo and Conditioner.
Wide tooth comb.
Kind Regards,
lacemitts
... what does n/m mean lace? You write it on a lot of your responses.. If I may ask...

1aFiii auburn (natural)
41 1/2"/42"/?

June 22nd, 2012, 7:29 am #7

1aFiii auburn (natural)
41 1/2"/42"/?
That's a wonderful story. I'm a Rapunzel too, has always been in my heart and I can't imagine the day when I cut my hair short. Maybe shorter if it becomes too much to handle but never short.

cross made of my own and my mothers hair
1a/bFi

16/49.6/51

Routine:
Daily scalp wash with CV bars followed by ACV rince.
Deep conditioning once or twice a week.
Oiling with coconut and/or avocado oil when needed.

Horn combs and BBB brush.

June 22nd, 2012, 10:25 am #8

... what does n/m mean lace? You write it on a lot of your responses.. If I may ask...

1aFiii auburn (natural)
41 1/2"/42"/?
Means no message in the message text. So people know they don;t have to click on it, and see nothing. I once got taken to task on this board. The lady is no longer on the board, and didn't mean it unkidly. I just got in the habit.

April 2012

October 2011

August 2011

1BFii
Wide tooth comb.
Kind Regards,
lacemitts

June 22nd, 2012, 11:12 am #9

1aFiii auburn (natural)
41 1/2"/42"/?
Joni, thank you for sharing your lovely experience. You niece has certainly made a great decision in ditching the scissors. I see how proud you must feel of her.
Well, I don't want to be a Pixie either! I've never had a pixie, but I can already tell it's not for me. I just love long hair, and I believe I will be longhair for life. I can't say precisely if I will always have this length, or go a bit longer or shorter. I just know that I wouldn't be happy with short hair.

Hair type: 2b/M/C/iii
Current length: classic
Primary goal: thickening the ends

Hair journal:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/663765

Routine:
- NW/SO on the scalp, with periodical length
washes (Alverde birke-salbei shampoo for the length)
- brushing, scritching, preening and massaging daily
- occasional S&D trims
- trimming the ends whenever they start looking funny
Current length: classic+
Current goal: knee

Current routine:
~ alternating a NW/SO (no water/sebum only) routine with occasional washes. I use the techniques of NW/SO (brushing, scritching and preening) almost daily, but I do a shampoo wash every month or two.

Products and tools:
~ Alverde Birke-Salbei shampoo
~ occasionally oiling the ends with either coconut or almond oil; currently experimenting with argan oil
~ an assortment of BBBs
~ Tangle Teezer/Tangle Angel & wide-tooth comb
~ hair friendly hair toys, for putting up hair and forgetting about it

Hair journal (rarely updated nowadays):

June 22nd, 2012, 6:08 pm #10

1aFiii auburn (natural)
41 1/2"/42"/?
How precious! I wish you many long hair adventures with her.

Christmas 08 April 09

Close up of my gray hair.

Oil on ends just before combing to help with snarls, 2x a day.

Shampoo every 5 days
Experimenting with ACV, coconut oil, and honey.

Started measuring August 06, at 36.5 inches
1cCii ~ Natural Silver

I am 54 year old and I've been married for 35 years!!

July 1st 07 - Reached 40 inches
July 14 07 - Cut back to 36.5
August 3rd 08 - Reached 40 inches again.
January 1 09 Reached 43 and classic achieved! Cut for a better hemline.
April thru June 40 still. sigh...
March 2010 Classic!!!

36.5/42.5/Classic

Faithful to barbers - they actually trim 1/8th of an inch!!

June 22nd, 2012, 6:50 pm #11

With your gorgeous hair, Rapunzel is the real you in my opinion...

1aFiii auburn (natural)
41 1/2"/42"/?
But having suffered a major shed over a year ago, my hair is a lot thinner and I'm often too embarrassed to wear it down. I'm hoping it will recover but then I start wondering if it's an age thing and will always be thin and I start thinking that I should cut it so that it doesn't look so bad.

So I feel like a Rapunzel on the inside but not on the outside.

2a/M/ii

My Website

Hair Journey Began in June 2006 ...

Hair Type: 2a/M/ii
Hair Colour: Dark brown with natural red and silver highlights (more silver than red nowadays)
Initial Goal length: 36" (Tailbone)
Setback: Major shed in 2010 when at 38"
New Goal: Healthy hair that I'm happy with! (Preferably tailbone with thick hemline.)

Current Routine
CWCA: C = condition the length with conditioner or shea butter; W = wash the scalp using diluted organic shampoo; Condition = small amount of conditioner on ends; A = acidic rinse, either ACV or citric acid; Frequency = once a week. In-between times, scalp washes as required.
Tips for super soft hair = Wash with Miracle Water. Finish up with LOC (Liquid = water; Oil = almond/olive/avocado oils; Cream = aloe vera gel)
Other: Regular micro-trims; light oiling on dry hair a few times a week; BBB; wooden comb; Mason Pearson comb; hair sticks, Flexi-8's, Ficcare, and other hair friendly toys.

June 23rd, 2012, 1:58 am #12

1aFiii auburn (natural)
41 1/2"/42"/?
Thanks for sharing such a wonderful story.

My hair journal:http://www.network54.com/Forum/496746/
1bnii Hair Type - Length:44 1/2" Goal: 48" Products - Currently Using:
Suave Scalp Solution Anti-Dandruff Shampoo, Nourishing Coconut and Shea Butter alternated with CV & Lush Shampoo Bars Monoi or Virgin de Coco Creme on ends daily
Shea Butter Creamy Souffle as pre-wash conditioner. Wash 1-2 times a week. Wide tooth wood & bakelite combs. TT on wet hair. BBB 20-30 strokes daily. Braid before bed and oil ends.

June 24th, 2012, 12:19 am #13

1aFiii auburn (natural)
41 1/2"/42"/?
A sweet story!

elvea rose ~
guardian of faerie mist tresses
1c / ultra fine / i

"...like the soft light of the moon silvering
over the evening of life." ~ Johann Paul Friedrich Richter

My hopeful goal is ~
Tresses to my hips and mock faerie-tale endings
... or the real ones someday...

My hair does well with Sweet Almond Oil for everyday oiling,
it's blended with Rose Geranium and Rosemary.
EVOO for deeper treatments.
Every so often I soak my tresses before I wash with a diluted batch
of Napa Valley Oak Aged Organic White Wine Vinegar.
Love Alba's Acai shampoo and conditioner.
When I remember, I massage a little of Desert Lily's aloe vera
gel on my scalp just before a shampooing.

Winter's dawn '11, tresses fall at 28.5 inches.
Springturn '12 after a trim, nudging 30

June 25th, 2012, 11:23 pm #14

Joni, thank you for sharing your lovely experience. You niece has certainly made a great decision in ditching the scissors. I see how proud you must feel of her.
Well, I don't want to be a Pixie either! I've never had a pixie, but I can already tell it's not for me. I just love long hair, and I believe I will be longhair for life. I can't say precisely if I will always have this length, or go a bit longer or shorter. I just know that I wouldn't be happy with short hair.

Current length: classic
Primary goal: thickening the ends

Hair journal:

Routine:
- NW/SO on the scalp, with periodical length
washes (Alverde birke-salbei shampoo for the length)
- brushing, scritching, preening and massaging daily
- occasional S&D trims
- trimming the ends whenever they start looking funny
I do adore my babies lol. But I must say my Tia is closest to my heart. I felt so welcome here, I knew that to share this story would be accepted and understood. Thanks for reading and commenting.

1aFiii auburn (natural)
41 1/2"/42"/?

June 25th, 2012, 11:26 pm #15

How precious! I wish you many long hair adventures with her.

Christmas 08 April 09

Close up of my gray hair.

Oil on ends just before combing to help with snarls, 2x a day.

Shampoo every 5 days
Experimenting with ACV, coconut oil, and honey.

Started measuring August 06, at 36.5 inches
1cCii ~ Natural Silver

I am 54 year old and I've been married for 35 years!!

July 1st 07 - Reached 40 inches
July 14 07 - Cut back to 36.5
August 3rd 08 - Reached 40 inches again.
January 1 09 Reached 43 and classic achieved! Cut for a better hemline.
April thru June 40 still. sigh...
March 2010 Classic!!!

36.5/42.5/Classic

Faithful to barbers - they actually trim 1/8th of an inch!!
My adored niece has been very insistent with her hair needs and woes. I ADORE every moment of it too! I do a cute style off the cuff almost daily. She is such an eager model and loves the braided styles best....
I can't wait to add her pictures to our site...

1aFiii auburn (natural)
41 1/2"/42"/?

June 25th, 2012, 11:29 pm #16

A sweet story!

elvea rose ~
guardian of faerie mist tresses
1c / ultra fine / i

"...like the soft light of the moon silvering
over the evening of life." ~ Johann Paul Friedrich Richter

My hopeful goal is ~
Tresses to my hips and mock faerie-tale endings
... or the real ones someday...

My hair does well with Sweet Almond Oil for everyday oiling,
it's blended with Rose Geranium and Rosemary.
EVOO for deeper treatments.
Every so often I soak my tresses before I wash with a diluted batch
of Napa Valley Oak Aged Organic White Wine Vinegar.
Love Alba's Acai shampoo and conditioner.
When I remember, I massage a little of Desert Lily's aloe vera
gel on my scalp just before a shampooing.

Winter's dawn '11, tresses fall at 28.5 inches.
Springturn '12 after a trim, nudging 30
I trimmed her mane today because she didn't "trust" aunt S with scissors since she turned down the pixie cut offered.
I can't believe that they loved me so much that when we got together it was as if I had never left their lives.
Love is wonderful in all its myriad forms.
Rapunzel's Smile...

1aFiii auburn (natural)
41 1/2"/42"/?

Confirmation of reply: