Cinnamon w/ a Twist (double bun style)

Cinnamon w/ a Twist (double bun style)

March 14th, 2004, 8:24 pm #1

Unfortunately, I don't have pictures but as I don't think I've ever posted on this portion and since I was soo very very happy with this new style I wanted to share it. Perhaps someone with a camera will try it and post pics with better directions.

I parted my damp hair from ear to ear to make 2 sections as if making a ponytail one behind the other.

I started with the top ponytail and twirled it into a bun at the top of my head, fastening with a hairstick. My hair was crazy curly at this point but it was much like a small cinnamon bun.

I took the back half and instead of ponytail'ing I made it into what I suppose I could call an upside down French twist (or would that be a sideways French twist?) I gathered it and I folded it upward twirling only once before fastening it with the matching hairstick.

The funniest thing of all was. I did all of this without a mirror! Trying to work backward just confused me. lol

Balleryna*~
May 2001-Present
Ears~BSL~Waist*(2004 Goal: BCL?)*
2c3bcFiii/Springs, Rings & Coils/Fine+thick
Chestnut Brown w/Auburn to Golden Highlights

*My Journal~:* Fairy Tales~ My Story

Daily Care: (See Details)
Morn~: Scalp oil/massage; Shampoo/Cond.; Leave-ins
Night~: Overnight Cond. or Oil; Braid
Tools~: BBBs/Horn combs; Hairsticks/Velvet/ Goody plastic pins
Current Product Line~: LML

Vitamins:
Supplements~: Biotin-5 mg, FSO-500, MSM-1500, Enzymes
Meals~: certified Kosher, wheat-free, Organic, & Ensure

March 20th, 2004, 5:36 pm #2

what does the end product look like? Does the "twist" end in a bun some how? The way I'm picturing it, it is a bun on top and a twist with ponytail like ends coming down....so that it would look like the bun had a ponytail coming out from under it.

Guess I'm a bit confused about that "french twist" part.

balleryna
balleryna

March 20th, 2004, 8:07 pm #3

the buns are separate. the cinnamon bun is above. the lower bun is a sideways french twist, I guess (its horizontal). and yes I do tuck the ends in so it doesn't look at all like a ponytail is coming from the bun above.because of the part from ear to ear the buns are very distinct, not blending together at all.think of it perhaps as make a half updo. and then taking the hair at nape and putting that up separately.HTH.but write back if I'm still not making sense..

March 23rd, 2004, 12:52 pm #4

When you say "sideways french twist," this is what I'm picturing:

You gather the hair at the nape that is left after the bun is done. Twist it like you were to make a cinnamon bun. Then, move the twist to the right side, and then to the left side, and keep moving it in a horizontal fashion till you run out of hair. Then roll the remaining hair into the fold you made which lies horizontally.

The finished product would turn out looking like a bun on top, and a folded in horizontal seam on the bottom. Am I right? lol I may have interpreted it the wrong way, but I'd love to try this out sometime if I get it figured out!

Love,
~*Leia*~

2bNiii
18/30.4/35?
Waist length!
First goal: 30" in March <-- goal reached
Second goal: Tailbone (33"?) by the end of 2004
Final goal: 35" in February 2005
Growing since January 2003, found TLHL end of June 2003 and was at 25"

Leia's Hair Journal

Last Updated: March 16, 2004

March 27th, 2004, 5:00 pm #5

I will try it and get pictures so you all can see what it looks like. I think I know what she is saying but I'll have to get pictures to show her to make sure I'm right. I picture it in my head the way I understand it but I'll have to make sure. I'm going to try to do Neil's style again today so as soon as I get that done and get a picture, I will get to this one. I will "post" the pictures as soon as I can if I can after I get the new site up.

Shelly
Shelly's Layer

March 31st, 2004, 3:06 pm #6

When you say "sideways french twist," this is what I'm picturing:

You gather the hair at the nape that is left after the bun is done. Twist it like you were to make a cinnamon bun. Then, move the twist to the right side, and then to the left side, and keep moving it in a horizontal fashion till you run out of hair. Then roll the remaining hair into the fold you made which lies horizontally.

The finished product would turn out looking like a bun on top, and a folded in horizontal seam on the bottom. Am I right? lol I may have interpreted it the wrong way, but I'd love to try this out sometime if I get it figured out!

Love,
~*Leia*~

2bNiii
18/30.4/35?
Waist length!
First goal: 30" in March <-- goal reached
Second goal: Tailbone (33"?) by the end of 2004
Final goal: 35" in February 2005
Growing since January 2003, found TLHL end of June 2003 and was at 25"

Leia's Hair Journal

Last Updated: March 16, 2004
I'm sorry if I'm still being confusing. Yes I do mean somewhat like that, similar I suppose perhaps to when you topsy tail your hair.

On my hair b/c it's shorter than yours and curly I tend to leave my ends out for loose curls to accent the lower bun rather than rolling completely in.

Balleryna*~
May 2001-present
*~Ears~BSL~Waist*~
~2c3bc/Fiii: Springs, Rings & Coils/Fine+thick~*
*~Chestnut Brown w/Auburn to Golden Highlights*~

a.m.~: Scalp oil/massage, Shampoo/Cond./Cond.
p.m.~: Cond. or Oil overnight/Braid
Tools~: BBBs/Horn combs, Hairsticks/plastic pins/velvet

Vitamins:
Supplements~: Biotin-5 mg, FSO-500, MSM-1500, enzymes, +Ensure
Meals~: certified Kosher, wheat-free, Organic

Current Product Line: LML

March 31st, 2004, 3:07 pm #7

I will try it and get pictures so you all can see what it looks like. I think I know what she is saying but I'll have to get pictures to show her to make sure I'm right. I picture it in my head the way I understand it but I'll have to make sure. I'm going to try to do Neil's style again today so as soon as I get that done and get a picture, I will get to this one. I will "post" the pictures as soon as I can if I can after I get the new site up.

Shelly
Shelly's Layer
I think you probably do know what I'm talking about. Thanks. I know you're busy with the site for now but maybe later...

Thanks again.

Balleryna*~
May 2001-present
*~Ears~BSL~Waist*~
~2c3bc/Fiii: Springs, Rings & Coils/Fine+thick~*
*~Chestnut Brown w/Auburn to Golden Highlights*~

a.m.~: Scalp oil/massage, Shampoo/Cond./Cond.
p.m.~: Cond. or Oil overnight/Braid
Tools~: BBBs/Horn combs, Hairsticks/plastic pins/velvet

Vitamins:
Supplements~: Biotin-5 mg, FSO-500, MSM-1500, enzymes, +Ensure
Meals~: certified Kosher, wheat-free, Organic

Current Product Line: LML

April 1st, 2004, 3:00 pm #8

It comes from a mixture of things but the main part is my passion for what I do/will do.Once I've gotten it done and have gotten a picture of it, I will email the pic to you first so I can make sure I've got the general idea and you can tell me if I'm close or not before posting it. I may have to make a few modifications because my hair is a little longer than yours but I'm pretty sure it will be close to what you're talking about. I think I will have time to get it done and photographed later after I measure. Well, since I have to CO before I measure, I will probably do it before. I don't know yet. It will be done today though. I'll email it to you as soon as I can.

Shelly
Shelly's Layer

Confirmation of reply: