Cat Ears and Spider legs... fun party styles...

Cat Ears and Spider legs... fun party styles...

Fox

October 25th, 2003, 6:11 am #1

To make the cat ears, simply get some pipe cleaners from your local craft store. Wal-mart and other stores should also have these in stock. They are the fuzzy coated wires that are used in many craft ideas for kids.

Part your hair down the center. Take a small section of hair from each side of the part. Start with one side. Section that hair into three equal part to begin your braid. Lay the pipe cleaner near the top of the center section and then begin braiding. You are just braiding the pipe cleaner in. Braid all the way down to the ends and secure with a band. Repeat on the other side.

Once the braids are completed, bring one up on top of the head and bend into a triangular " cat ear" shape. Use pins or even mini claws to secure at the base. Repeat on the other side.

To make the spider legs, part hair down the center. Part one side into four equal parts. Take one part and section it into three strands for braiding. Place pipe cleaner on center section, then begin your braid, braiding down to ends, then securing with bands. For extra thick hair, or for more bendy legs, you might wish to braid in two pipe cleaners. Repeat this on all four sections.

Once finished section the other side of your hair into four equal parts and repeat the same steps as before. When you are finished, bend each section in a zig zag fashion to create the look of spider legs. If you have extra long hair, you might want to put each of the four sections up in "ponytails" before starting, so your legs will sort of frame your face.

I hope to add additional pictures for the step by step instructions to this soon.

-Fox

17/35/35+ Type 2CMii (3B underneath layer) Somewhat fine, slightly wavy (with curls on the underneath layer), light brown with gold and red highlights. To see more pictures, click on the gallery collection link found here:
<a href=http://www.geocities.com/ifoxbox/ForeverFox.html> Forever Fox </a>

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, they will become your character. Develop your character for it becomes your destiny." -John MacArthur

Products Used:
Aubrey Organics S&C
Nature's Gate Conditioners (As well as Forest Pure, another brand made by the makers of Nature's Gate)
Vinegar/herbal rinses

Oils: Jojoba, Sweet Almond, Virgin Oil de Coco Creme, Monoi, Castor, Meadowfoam Seed & essential oils

Shea Butter (from which I make my own leave-in)
MP Popular Mix Brush
Wood and Horn combs
Vitamins/Minerals/Herbal supplements
-Fox
Starting my growing journey all over again after health issues took a major toll on my hair.
17/25.5/35+ - Type 2C-3bMii Somewhat fine, wavy (with corkscrew curls on the underneath layer), natural color is light brown with gold and red highlights. Previously used henna for years, but had it highlighted out over a couple of years. Currently trying to decide what to do as far as continuing with that to keep up the roots or doing something different.

Products Used:
Aubrey Organics S&C - my most favorite, but currently using Neways Second Chance Shampoo, SheaMoisture's High Porosity Moisture-Seal Masque,
Sally Beauty Generic Value Product's version of Matrix Biolage conditioner (as a leave in, not rinsed out)
Aubrey Organics Chia Gel
Vinegar/herbal rinses
Oils: Jojoba, Castor, Coconut & essential oils
MP Popular Mix Brush
MP & Madora wide tooth combs

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, they will become your character. Develop your character for it becomes your destiny."

October 25th, 2003, 4:25 pm #2

The pics are just too adorable for words

Thanks for sharing Fox.

Angel Hugs and Love

<font face="Diploma Regular" color="Firebrick" size="5">Betty
March 2001 - Present
Buttery Honey Blonde
1c2aM/Ciii
Medium to Coarse, Thick
20 1/2 - Oct 1st 21 1/2 - 30
Next Measuring Jan 1st
Short term goal:
MidBack, 24' By Winter's End

Visit<a href=http://www.angelfire.com/moon/chamomile_garden/>
Chamomile's Garden</a></font>

October 28th, 2003, 6:32 pm #3

To make the cat ears, simply get some pipe cleaners from your local craft store. Wal-mart and other stores should also have these in stock. They are the fuzzy coated wires that are used in many craft ideas for kids.

Part your hair down the center. Take a small section of hair from each side of the part. Start with one side. Section that hair into three equal part to begin your braid. Lay the pipe cleaner near the top of the center section and then begin braiding. You are just braiding the pipe cleaner in. Braid all the way down to the ends and secure with a band. Repeat on the other side.

Once the braids are completed, bring one up on top of the head and bend into a triangular " cat ear" shape. Use pins or even mini claws to secure at the base. Repeat on the other side.

To make the spider legs, part hair down the center. Part one side into four equal parts. Take one part and section it into three strands for braiding. Place pipe cleaner on center section, then begin your braid, braiding down to ends, then securing with bands. For extra thick hair, or for more bendy legs, you might wish to braid in two pipe cleaners. Repeat this on all four sections.

Once finished section the other side of your hair into four equal parts and repeat the same steps as before. When you are finished, bend each section in a zig zag fashion to create the look of spider legs. If you have extra long hair, you might want to put each of the four sections up in "ponytails" before starting, so your legs will sort of frame your face.

I hope to add additional pictures for the step by step instructions to this soon.

-Fox

17/35/35+ Type 2CMii (3B underneath layer) Somewhat fine, slightly wavy (with curls on the underneath layer), light brown with gold and red highlights. To see more pictures, click on the gallery collection link found here:

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, they will become your character. Develop your character for it becomes your destiny." -John MacArthur

Products Used:
Aubrey Organics S&C
Nature's Gate Conditioners (As well as Forest Pure, another brand made by the makers of Nature's Gate)
Vinegar/herbal rinses

Oils: Jojoba, Sweet Almond, Virgin Oil de Coco Creme, Monoi, Castor, Meadowfoam Seed & essential oils

MP Popular Mix Brush
Wood and Horn combs
Great Styles!
FYI: Jewerly wire can be cut to any length and doubled if you need it to hold a heavier style (ie pippi longstocking braids.)

cheryl

Fox

October 29th, 2003, 9:19 am #4

nm

-Fox

Products Used:
Aubrey Organics S&C
Vinegar/herbal rinses

MP Popular Mix Brush
Wood and Horn combs
-Fox
Starting my growing journey all over again after health issues took a major toll on my hair.
17/25.5/35+ - Type 2C-3bMii Somewhat fine, wavy (with corkscrew curls on the underneath layer), natural color is light brown with gold and red highlights. Previously used henna for years, but had it highlighted out over a couple of years. Currently trying to decide what to do as far as continuing with that to keep up the roots or doing something different.

Products Used:
Aubrey Organics S&C - my most favorite, but currently using Neways Second Chance Shampoo, SheaMoisture's High Porosity Moisture-Seal Masque,
Sally Beauty Generic Value Product's version of Matrix Biolage conditioner (as a leave in, not rinsed out)
Aubrey Organics Chia Gel
Vinegar/herbal rinses
Oils: Jojoba, Castor, Coconut & essential oils
MP Popular Mix Brush
MP & Madora wide tooth combs

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, they will become your character. Develop your character for it becomes your destiny."

Salem67
Salem67

April 14th, 2010, 6:01 pm #5

Why are you obsessed with growing your hair long?

May 4th, 2010, 9:04 pm #6

We are not obsessed. We enjoy long hair. We like to encourage each other to have the hair we want. Growing healthy hair is a slow process. It is good to be reminded of our goal and encouraged through our bad hair days. After all, if we cut it, we will not have the hair we want.

Confirmation of reply: