A work in progress

A work in progress

Fox

March 8th, 2018, 8:45 am #1

Hello everyone! Welcome to the new discussion boards! I hope you will be patient with me as I try to figure out how everything works here. I had actually had a new logo made and had planned on using that for the picture at the top of the boards here, but didn't realize I could not change the white font to another color. As a result it blended in a bit too much. I have changed the colors still using some of the logo picture, but it isn't quite what I was hoping for. But for now I hope you will just bear with me, explore yourselves and enjoy all the new features. I hope to explain some of those, to those of you not familiar with this board format. It is all new to me too, so we can learn together! 😊  If you have questions or comments, please let me know. I love to hear your feedback and want to make our boards somewhere you enjoy coming to!

-Fox
Starting my growing journey all over again after health issues took a major toll on my hair.
17/25.5/35+ - Type 2C-3bMii Somewhat fine, wavy (with corkscrew curls on the underneath layer), natural color is light brown with gold and red highlights. Previously used henna for years, but had it highlighted out over a couple of years. Currently trying to decide what to do as far as continuing with that to keep up the roots or doing something different.

Products Used:
Aubrey Organics S&C - my most favorite, but currently using Neways Second Chance Shampoo, SheaMoisture's High Porosity Moisture-Seal Masque,
Sally Beauty Generic Value Product's version of Matrix Biolage conditioner (as a leave in, not rinsed out)
Aubrey Organics Chia Gel
Vinegar/herbal rinses
Oils: Jojoba, Castor, Coconut & essential oils
MP Popular Mix Brush
MP & Madora wide tooth combs
Vitamins/Minerals/Herbal supplements

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, they will become your character. Develop your character for it becomes your destiny."

March 8th, 2018, 6:13 pm #2

pictures wrote: Hello everyone! Welcome to the new discussion boards! I hope you will be patient with me as I try to figure out how everything works here. I had actually had a new logo made and had planned on using that for the picture at the top of the boards here, but didn't realize I could not change the white font to another color. As a result it blended in a bit too much. I have changed the colors still using some of the logo picture, but it isn't quite what I was hoping for. But for now I hope you will just bear with me, explore yourselves and enjoy all the new features. I hope to explain some of those, to those of you not familiar with this board format. It is all new to me too, so we can learn together! 😊  If you have questions or comments, please let me know. I love to hear your feedback and want to make our boards somewhere you enjoy coming to!
Hi Fox, I think that the new forum looks really cute! I haven't had time to explore the functions, but I like what I see :) Change is a good thing - it might take a bit to get used to the new look, but I like it :)
Hair type: 2b/M/C/iii
Current length: classic+
Current goal: knee

Current routine:
~ alternating a NW/SO (no water/sebum only) routine with occasional washes. I use the techniques of NW/SO (brushing, scritching and preening) almost daily, but I do a shampoo wash every month or two.

Products and tools:
~ Alverde Birke-Salbei shampoo
~ occasionally oiling the ends with either coconut or almond oil; currently experimenting with argan oil
~ an assortment of BBBs
~ Tangle Teezer/Tangle Angel & wide-tooth comb
~ hair friendly hair toys, for putting up hair and forgetting about it

Hair journal (rarely updated nowadays):
http://www.network54.com/Forum/663765

Fox

March 8th, 2018, 9:22 pm #3

Thank you Othawen. I don't have control over the layout, just the colors, pictures, etc. I know we are not used to this type of layout at all, but hopefully we will adjust! Thank you for being a faithful supporter of the Loom. You certainly add a lot to the group!
-Fox
Starting my growing journey all over again after health issues took a major toll on my hair.
17/25.5/35+ - Type 2C-3bMii Somewhat fine, wavy (with corkscrew curls on the underneath layer), natural color is light brown with gold and red highlights. Previously used henna for years, but had it highlighted out over a couple of years. Currently trying to decide what to do as far as continuing with that to keep up the roots or doing something different.

Products Used:
Aubrey Organics S&C - my most favorite, but currently using Neways Second Chance Shampoo, SheaMoisture's High Porosity Moisture-Seal Masque,
Sally Beauty Generic Value Product's version of Matrix Biolage conditioner (as a leave in, not rinsed out)
Aubrey Organics Chia Gel
Vinegar/herbal rinses
MP Popular Mix Brush

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, they will become your character. Develop your character for it becomes your destiny."

March 9th, 2018, 12:39 am #4

Fox wrote: Thank you Othawen. I don't have control over the layout, just the colors, pictures, etc. I know we are not used to this type of layout at all, but hopefully we will adjust! Thank you for being a faithful supporter of the Loom. You certainly add a lot to the group!
So far it's a good change. I need to spend some time here and see what's available ... but we're all in this boat together.

Hair Journey Began in June 2006 ...

Hair Type: 2a/M/ii
Hair Colour: Dark brown with natural red and silver highlights (more silver than red nowadays)
Starting length: 25"/62.5cm (BSL)
Initial Goal length: 36" (Tailbone)
Setback: Major shed in 2010 when at 38"
New Goal: Healthy hair that I'm happy with! (Preferably tailbone with thick hemline.)

Current Routine
CWCA: C = condition the length with conditioner or shea butter; W = wash the scalp using diluted organic shampoo; Condition = small amount of conditioner on ends; A = acidic rinse, either ACV or citric acid; Frequency = once a week. In-between times, scalp washes as required.
Tips for super soft hair = Wash with Miracle Water. Finish up with LOC (Liquid = water; Oil = almond/olive/avocado oils; Cream = aloe vera gel)
Other: Regular micro-trims; light oiling on dry hair a few times a week; BBB; wooden comb; Mason Pearson comb; hair sticks, Flexi-8's, Ficcare, and other hair friendly toys.

'Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfailing beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.' 1 Peter 3:3-4

March 9th, 2018, 12:56 am #5

Oh gosh, that is a really old siggy. Seems the new one has disappeared. I can see playing around is going to happen sooner rather than later!

Oh my, it seems that most of my info can't be retained. A word limit of 255! Yikes!

Hair Colour: Dark brown with natural red and silver highlights (more silver than red nowadays)
New Goal: Healthy hair that I'm happy with! (Preferably tailbone with thick hemline.)

Current Routine
CWCA: C = condition the length with conditioner or shea butter; W = wash the scalp using diluted organic shampoo; Condition = small amount of conditioner on ends; A = acidic rinse, either ACV or citric acid; Frequency = once a week. In-between times, scalp washes as required.
Tips for super soft hair = Wash with Miracle Water. Finish up with LOC (Liquid = water; Oil = almond/olive/avocado oils; Cream = aloe vera gel)
Other: Regular micro-trims; light oiling on dry hair a few times a week; BBB; wooden comb; Mason Pearson comb; hair sticks, Flexi-8's, Ficcare, and other hair friendly toys.

'Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfailing beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.' 1 Peter 3:3-4

Fox

March 9th, 2018, 6:11 am #6

I think if you put the link in from your current (before merge) signature it should work. Let me do a quick test. Maybe I should set up a test board! Ok, what you do is click that little picture icon at the top of the posting box. Then copy your link and paste it in their link box that will appear. Then this appears. So now, how do we keep it there? 🤔
-Fox

Products Used:
Aubrey Organics Chia Gel
Vinegar/herbal rinses
MP Popular Mix Brush

Fox

March 9th, 2018, 6:41 am #7

Ok, Jules, I think I have fixed it so you can put your picture in your signature and I have also increased the amount you can add to the signature box, so hopefully it all fits. If it doesn't, let me know and I will increase it more! If it is not easy to post your link in the signature box, just add [ img ] and [ /img ] without the spaces of course, at the beginning and end (first one beginning, last one the end) of your image link. I hope this works and won't be too hard. I will need to make new articles on how to do these things. I'm just learning myself, so I'm sorry I don't have all this ready for everyone.
Editing to add: When making up your signature, if you are including an image links or smileys and so on, underneath your signature box there is an area that says "options" and has three boxes you can check or uncheck. I believe they are checked by default, so you want to uncheck them so your links work.  I tested it and when you do that the [ img ] code works for your pictures. So just add that before and after the link you have for your old sig pic, and then make sure those boxes are NOT checked, and then it should work and be saved in your signature that way. Hope this is helpful!
-Fox

Products Used:
Aubrey Organics Chia Gel
Vinegar/herbal rinses
MP Popular Mix Brush

March 9th, 2018, 5:14 pm #8

Just yesterday I was thinking about how long it had been since I visited here. It looks nice!
Idaho cowgirl.
The Angel of the Lord encamps round about them that fear Him, and delivers them. Psalm 34:7

March 9th, 2018, 7:48 pm #9

Well I've been able to add more info to my siggy (still had to par it down - seems I'm too wordy when it comes to the written word!) but I can't seem to work out the picture or links to my website and blog. I'm going to have to work on it when I have more time but adding [img] etc and unticking the boxes didn't change it. Unless you have to submit it for the picture to show?

Current Routine

Fox

March 9th, 2018, 7:57 pm #10

No Jules, if you need more space, I can create it. I will do it now. I am sorry, I was just guessing what might be needed, but never stopped to get a count of what is there. I will also help you with the signature, but may need to email you about it to do so.
-Fox

Products Used:
Aubrey Organics Chia Gel
Vinegar/herbal rinses
MP Popular Mix Brush

Fox

March 9th, 2018, 8:01 pm #11

Ok, I have increased the signature character limits. I think I doubled it from what we had last. I hope that works. If not, it appears I have more room to go.
-Fox

Products Used:
Aubrey Organics Chia Gel
Vinegar/herbal rinses
MP Popular Mix Brush

Fox

March 9th, 2018, 8:02 pm #12

Cowgirllong wrote: Just yesterday I was thinking about how long it had been since I visited here. It looks nice!
Glad to have you visiting again! Thanks for coming!
-Fox

Products Used:
Aubrey Organics Chia Gel
Vinegar/herbal rinses
MP Popular Mix Brush

March 10th, 2018, 2:13 am #13

Fox wrote: No Jules, if you need more space, I can create it. I will do it now. I am sorry, I was just guessing what might be needed, but never stopped to get a count of what is there. I will also help you with the signature, but may need to email you about it to do so.
No, I'm sure it's plenty. I don't know how much others read siggy's anyway. (I like to but that's just me.)

March 11th, 2018, 4:54 pm #14

I am so delighted to discover that this board still exists in some form. I don't know that anyone would remember me, but I spent a lot of time here starting in about 2005, when I was just a teen. All the women here at the time were so kind and encouraging, and I learned so much. I still have and wear a few Fox hairsticks, too!

I got an email updating me about the new board and it prompted me to come over and check it out. I do still have long hair- I cut it to my shoulders and sold 18" about two years ago, but decided I liked it long and have let it grow. The picture below is my hair right before I cut it then, and it's getting to look similar again now. 

I don't think I'll be a regular poster here at this point, but I was happy to be reminded of the Loom, and I'm also happy to say I'm teaching a workshop on natural hair care and braiding in a few months- everything I learned has stuck with me. :)
Long Hair.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fox

March 11th, 2018, 8:08 pm #15

Hi Nienor! I do remember you! I am so glad to hear from you and to know you are doing well! Your hair looks lovely! I am also in the midst of doing a website overhaul on the webpage. I am hoping to use some pictures of our visitors within the pages. Would you mind if I used yours? I can credit it to you or not make it name specific. Please let me know! You can PM me or email me. You don't have to put it on the board and if you prefer I don't, I will understand! Thanks!

And thank you so much for stopping in, even if you aren't able to be a regular again right now. It really is wonderful to hear from you. I hope your natural hair care and braiding class goes wonderfully. If it is something open to the public as far as people being able to come and attend or purchase a ticket to go, feel free to post about it here if you wish in a new post so it gets more attention!
-Fox

Products Used:
Aubrey Organics Chia Gel
Vinegar/herbal rinses
MP Popular Mix Brush

Fox

March 11th, 2018, 8:11 pm #16

CrowningGlory wrote:
No, I'm sure it's plenty. I don't know how much others read siggy's anyway. (I like to but that's just me.)
I had already made more space, and it is no trouble. I think for some other types of discussion boards it's not as important to them and they just want to streamline it better, but for boards like ours, I think it's wonderful and adds a lot of information that is helpful to others as they seek to see if hair type is the same and so on. I enjoy seeing them, but just have never had to set character limits for it before. It came automatically set as the lower level and I just kept moving it up until it has seemed to be a good amount of space for everyone. If it turns out that we need some more, I'm happy to increase it more. It's not a problem. I'm glad you've gotten yours sorted out more. Thanks for your patience and understanding.
-Fox

Products Used:
Aubrey Organics Chia Gel
Vinegar/herbal rinses
MP Popular Mix Brush

March 12th, 2018, 1:08 am #17

Hi Nienor, I also remember you from when I began my long hair journey. I'm glad you stopped by. I can't see your picture. I get the message that I don't have the required permission. I think Fox can see it because she is the administrator ... or perhaps it's just me.

Fox, I used http://tinypic.com/ to host my photos since photobucket is no longer free (and didn't let us know beforehand so that we could save our photos). Just thought I'd mention it in case others are looking for a host for their siggy pictures. Still have much to learn but am enjoying the new layout. 

Current Routine

March 12th, 2018, 1:51 am #18

Hmm, let me try again. Does this work? 

Fox, you're welcome to use it! It's nice to talk to you both a little and see that you're still here. :) My workshop will be at a Skill Swap event in New England so it's not really shareable, but thanks for the suggestion!

March 12th, 2018, 4:02 am #19

Oh Nienor, what gorgeous hair! Not just the hair. It's a stunning photo of you. I'm glad you're growing you hair out again because it obviously suits you. The photo on the first post now shows up but I think that's because Fox has made some changes. I'm glad I can get to see this photo too. [I want to prattle on and on about how gorgeous you look but I'll stop here.]

Current Routine

Fox

March 13th, 2018, 1:13 am #20

NienorNiniel wrote: Hmm, let me try again. Does this work? 

Fox, you're welcome to use it! It's nice to talk to you both a little and see that you're still here. :) My workshop will be at a Skill Swap event in New England so it's not really shareable, but thanks for the suggestion!
Thank you so much Nienor. I will add your pictures to my website images folder for the new website! I appreciate you continuing to help weave some threads into the Loom here! 🌼🙂

I had to assign specific settings for those registered here, those not, etc. I guess before, it set it's own limits, restricting the images more. I have changed the settings, but I am wondering what the difference was between the first time you posted the picture and the second. Did you upload directly here the first time and use a different host the second? This will help me know what to share with others who have privacy concerns. If they upload here, then their image will never be able to be views anonymously if they upload directly. That is my guess. But I need that to be confirmed, so just wanted to ask! Thanks!
-Fox

Products Used:
Aubrey Organics Chia Gel
Vinegar/herbal rinses
MP Popular Mix Brush

Fox

March 13th, 2018, 1:14 am #21

CrowningGlory wrote: Oh Nienor, what gorgeous hair! Not just the hair. It's a stunning photo of you. I'm glad you're growing you hair out again because it obviously suits you. The photo on the first post now shows up but I think that's because Fox has made some changes. I'm glad I can get to see this photo too. [I want to prattle on and on about how gorgeous you look but I'll stop here.]
Yes, I changed the settings once I realized you did not have permissions assigned. I thought I only had to assign permissions for greater access of controls, like moderating, but apparently I have to assign all permissions or they are all set to more restrictive actions. I'm so sorry! I hope I have fixed it!
-Fox

Products Used:
Aubrey Organics Chia Gel
Vinegar/herbal rinses
MP Popular Mix Brush

March 13th, 2018, 1:23 am #22

Fox, yes, the first time I uploaded directly here and the second I used an online host. 

March 13th, 2018, 4:45 am #23

NienorNiniel wrote: Fox, yes, the first time I uploaded directly here and the second I used an online host. 
I can now see both photos so obviously as a member I can now see your photos now that Fox has changed the settings.

Current Routine

Fox

March 15th, 2018, 4:13 am #24

NienorNiniel wrote: Fox, yes, the first time I uploaded directly here and the second I used an online host. 
Thanks so much! That is very helpful!
-Fox

Products Used:
Aubrey Organics Chia Gel
Vinegar/herbal rinses
MP Popular Mix Brush

March 16th, 2018, 3:21 pm #25

The new forum set up looks amazing!  
Starting length- Pixie
Current length- Mid Back Length
1st Goal- Waist
Long term Goal- Classic

Recently quit the Curly Girl Method, as it helped my curls for a few months before causing major hair loss and my curl pattern dissolved.

I'm trying to wear my hair up 4/7 days, as it's getting to a length where it's starting to get caught in things and I'm worried about breakage.
Deep condition and wash my hair once a week with one scalp wash thrown in depending on the week and my hair's oily-ness.

Recently started eating Paleo to try to help my thyroid and adrenal fatigue issues.

Wooden Comb from Ric the Combmaker
Morrocco Method Mixed BBB

Fox

March 16th, 2018, 4:06 pm #26

TiffPhares wrote:
March 16th, 2018, 3:21 pm
The new forum set up looks amazing!  
Thank you so much! I hope everyone will enjoy it! I will keep making tweaks as we go along as as new features are allowed to be added.
-Fox

Products Used:
Aubrey Organics Chia Gel
Vinegar/herbal rinses
MP Popular Mix Brush

March 16th, 2018, 4:35 pm #27

Also, I just found that Tapatalk has a phone appointment. Which makes accessing The Loom so much easier for me on my phone.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Starting length- Pixie
Current length- Mid Back Length
1st Goal- Waist
Long term Goal- Classic

Recently quit the Curly Girl Method, as it helped my curls for a few months before causing major hair loss and my curl pattern dissolved.

I'm trying to wear my hair up 4/7 days, as it's getting to a length where it's starting to get caught in things and I'm worried about breakage.
Deep condition and wash my hair once a week with one scalp wash thrown in depending on the week and my hair's oily-ness.

Recently started eating Paleo to try to help my thyroid and adrenal fatigue issues.

Wooden Comb from Ric the Combmaker
Morrocco Method Mixed BBB

March 17th, 2018, 12:41 am #28

I like the new board! I'm so busy that I rarely have time to post, but I lurk fairly often. : ) This is such an encouraging place full of wonderful people!
Just past classic...Thinking about heading for knee....maybe

Fox

March 17th, 2018, 2:30 am #29

TiffPhares wrote:
March 16th, 2018, 4:35 pm
Also, I just found that Tapatalk has a phone appointment. Which makes accessing The Loom so much easier for me on my phone.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
Yes they do! I am so glad it makes it easier. I hope it does for others as well, so they can check in easier and more often!
-Fox

Products Used:
Aubrey Organics Chia Gel
Vinegar/herbal rinses
MP Popular Mix Brush

Fox

March 17th, 2018, 2:31 am #30

lilacsfornana wrote:
March 17th, 2018, 12:41 am
I like the new board! I'm so busy that I rarely have time to post, but I lurk fairly often. : ) This is such an encouraging place full of wonderful people!
Thank you for stopping in and taking the time to post. I know how busy life can get! So it means all the more you took the time to say hello! I will be happy to hear from you as time allows.
-Fox

Products Used:
Aubrey Organics Chia Gel
Vinegar/herbal rinses
MP Popular Mix Brush

Confirmation of reply: