A trim pic

A trim pic

September 5th, 2017, 5:04 am #1

This pic is from two months ago. My sister trimmed off a good six inches for me. She did a very good job, as only a sister can do. I asked her if she thought I should take off more and she said no. I was really feeling that maybe my hair was bad, so her honest assessment meant a lot. And her future daughter-in-law was watching her cut my hair and she said my hair was beautiful. It so made my night. And also at Old Navy in San Diego, my hair was up and a lady in line behind me said she liked my hair color. I have two-toned hair. Brown on the bottom, grey at top to about bra-strap. It's not hair that appeals to most.

It was nice because here in town nobody says much. Although a young man at work said he liked my hair and THAT made my day one day. BUT. There was an instance where several of us (ladies) were talking after Zumba, and one person said...."Men always say that they like long hair. But when I cut mine then my (boyfriend, husband, whatever) said it was just long and stringy." So, okay, I'm standing there, the only one with long hair. Hhhmph. I didn't say anything, and tried, double tried, not to take it personal.

That's it for hair update/experience for me for now!

September 5th, 2017, 7:10 am #2

Somewhere else and commented. I love it. I think the trim makes it look a lot thicker, but I liked the before picture too.

People are funny. I was somewhere and several women were talking about how they dyed their hair because grey hair made them look old, and I'm thinking, "Hello, I'm right here and I have grey hair." I've had similar happen with my nationality (it's not a popular one to own to where I live). I think sometimes people just need a filter! Or think before they open their mouth.

Hair Journey Began in June 2006 ...

Hair Type: 2a/M/ii
Hair Colour: Dark brown with natural red and silver highlights (more silver than red nowadays)
Starting length: 25"/62.5cm (BSL)
Initial Goal length: 36" (Tailbone)
Setback: Major shed in 2010 when at 38"
New Goal: Healthy hair that I'm happy with! (Preferably tailbone with thick hemline.

Current Routine
CWCA: C = condition the length with conditioner or shea butter; W = wash the scalp using diluted organic shampoo; Condition = small amount of conditioner on ends; A = acidic rinse, either ACV or citric acid; Frequency = once a week. In-between times, scalp washes as required.
Tips for super soft hair = Wash with Miracle Water. Finish up with LOC (Liquid = water; Oil = almond/olive/avocado oils; Cream = aloe vera gel)
Other: Regular micro-trims; light oiling on dry hair a few times a week; BBB; wooden comb; Mason Pearson comb; hair sticks, Flexi-8's, Ficcare, and other hair friendly toys.

'Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfailing beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.' 1 Peter 3:3-4

Bob
Bob

September 5th, 2017, 6:33 pm #3

This pic is from two months ago. My sister trimmed off a good six inches for me. She did a very good job, as only a sister can do. I asked her if she thought I should take off more and she said no. I was really feeling that maybe my hair was bad, so her honest assessment meant a lot. And her future daughter-in-law was watching her cut my hair and she said my hair was beautiful. It so made my night. And also at Old Navy in San Diego, my hair was up and a lady in line behind me said she liked my hair color. I have two-toned hair. Brown on the bottom, grey at top to about bra-strap. It's not hair that appeals to most.

It was nice because here in town nobody says much. Although a young man at work said he liked my hair and THAT made my day one day. BUT. There was an instance where several of us (ladies) were talking after Zumba, and one person said...."Men always say that they like long hair. But when I cut mine then my (boyfriend, husband, whatever) said it was just long and stringy." So, okay, I'm standing there, the only one with long hair. Hhhmph. I didn't say anything, and tried, double tried, not to take it personal.

It's awesome! Sadly, many women who have cut their hair encourage others to chop off theirs. Her b/f is simply not a hair guy. But I guarantee you that many guys among her friends and family who DO love long hair were sad to see hers disappear. Trust me.

Dulce
Dulce

September 8th, 2017, 9:04 pm #4

I love your hair, both the before the cut and after!It is gorgeous..sad that some women encourage others to cut.It really is none of their business..

Dulce
Dulce

September 8th, 2017, 9:05 pm #5

Seeing your hair, I believe it was jealousy motivated..

September 13th, 2017, 7:55 pm #6

Your hair looks amazing! I really like the way how it looks after the trim. Your hair color is unique, and I'm glad that there are people who recognize that. Long hair is not very popular, so it's great to hear positive comments about it. Unfortunately, one has to deal with the negative comments (whether intentional or not), but I guess we have to roll with the punches...
Hair type: 2b/M/C/iii
Current length: classic+
Current goal: knee

Current routine:
~ alternating a NW/SO (no water/sebum only) routine with occasional washes. I use the techniques of NW/SO (brushing, scritching and preening) almost daily, but I do a shampoo wash every month or two.

Products and tools:
~ Alverde Birke-Salbei shampoo
~ occasionally oiling the ends with either coconut or almond oil; currently experimenting with argan oil
~ an assortment of BBBs
~ Tangle Teezer/Tangle Angel & wide-tooth comb
~ hair friendly hair toys, for putting up hair and forgetting about it

Hair journal (rarely updated nowadays):
http://www.network54.com/Forum/663765

September 16th, 2017, 5:11 pm #7

The ends look so thick in the second picture! Your hair is awesome!

Confirmation of reply: