A tentative hello

November 9th, 2011, 5:25 pm #1

Hi! :) I am new here and I don’t really know what to do or say, so I’ll let you all do the talking and telling and maybe I’ll learn something! :P

I suppose to start off with I can say that I have very straight, “ii” dark brown hair that is 38 inches long. I almost always keep it up in a bun because my hair gets all stringy and piece-y when I wear it loose.

I wash my hair with store brand baby shampoo and sometimes I give it a good soak in olive oil.

And that’s about all!

November 9th, 2011, 5:31 pm #2

No need to be tentative--everyone here is so friendly and helpful. Your hair sounds very nice; please share pictures when you're able. If you have goals or questions, post them here on the forum.

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

June 2009 in Odessa, Ukraine, by the Black Sea

2C-3B/N/i (1.5" ponytail)
16"/19"/26" (BSL)
brown with gray and a silver streak--embracing the natural but seriously considering henna and indigo
43 years old

shaking up my routine and trying a sort of Curly Girl / Live Curly Live Free / Grow Hair Fast regimen with homemade shampoos and natural conditioner like AO & Yes to Cucumbers
scalp massages, scalp brushing w/ BBB, detangling w/ fingers, scrunching, air drying

battling autoimmune issues and major shedding for the last 5 years or so, as well as post-adoption stress (evident in the first April 2011 pic in my signature)

[I originally found the Loom and started measuring back in April 2007 (17.5"), but with such thin, scraggly looking hair from my health issues and stress, I've been so disappointed and have gotten a few big cuts, only reaching 23.5" at the end of September 2010. Now I'm starting all over again!]
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

From 16.5 inches to 22.5 inches

Type: 2A-3A/N/ii (2")
Length and goals: 16"/24"/26" (BSL); growing out bangs, currently past chin
I reached 26 inches in August 2018--my first goal of BSL!--and have trimmed 2 inches in my quest to grow out my layers.
Color: brown with lots of gray; coloring to my original color with all-natural Hairprint every 8 to 10 weeks
Routine:
Morning BBB brushing of 50 to 60 strokes with head inverted a la Dr. George Michael (scroll to posts 21-26)
CWC twice per week: Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner on length, diluted Hairprint shampoo, rinse, then Hairprint conditioner, rinse, then Paul Mitchell Detangler, rinse, and finish with cool water rinse
Tools and techniques:
Mason Pearson rake comb, T-shirt for hair towel, silk pillow case
air drying
some oiling with EVCO or my new sample of Argan oil

Way back in April 2007, I found the Loom and started measuring my hair (17.5 inches). Since then, I have grown my hair (but not longer than 23 inches) and cut it off (from 16 to 17.5 inches) many times because I struggled with health-related hair thinning and loss for many years due to autoimmune thyroid disease. I am thankful to God that my hair is much better now, and coloring it with Hairprint gives it nice texture and shine.

. . . but if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her . . . (1 Corinthians 11:15a)

November 9th, 2011, 5:46 pm #3

Thank you! I'll try and get some pictures for you!

November 9th, 2011, 6:06 pm #4

Hi! :) I am new here and I don’t really know what to do or say, so I’ll let you all do the talking and telling and maybe I’ll learn something! :P

I suppose to start off with I can say that I have very straight, “ii” dark brown hair that is 38 inches long. I almost always keep it up in a bun because my hair gets all stringy and piece-y when I wear it loose.

I wash my hair with store brand baby shampoo and sometimes I give it a good soak in olive oil.

And that’s about all!
humm hummm....

38 inches long - Type 1bNii

What I use:
Johnson & Johnson Baby Wash and Shampoo.
olive oil soaks once in a while.
Rosemary rinse followed by a white vinegar rise when I feel inclined to baby my hair.

*1Corinthians 11:15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.*

November 9th, 2011, 6:06 pm #5

What I use:
Rosemary rinse followed by a white vinegar rise when I feel inclined to baby my hair.

1Corinthians 11:15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.
Last edited by hishandmaiden on November 9th, 2011, 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 9th, 2011, 6:22 pm #6

humm hummm....

What I use:

*1Corinthians 11:15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.*

What I use:

1Corinthians 11:15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.
Last edited by hishandmaiden on November 9th, 2011, 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 9th, 2011, 6:32 pm #7

And that’s about all!
Good to have you join us here.

1BFii
Hair: All natural dark brown and silver.
Washing: Once or twice a week. Condition from ears on down. Cold as I can stand it final rinse.
Shampoo/Conditioner:Aubrey's Honeysuckle Rose Shampoo and Conditioner. Nature's Gate Organics Biotin Shampoo and Conditioner.
Wide tooth comb
Kind Regards,
lacemitts

November 9th, 2011, 6:35 pm #8

And that’s about all!
Hi Heather! As Debbie said, there's no need to be tentative, the Loom is a very friendly place I hope we'll get to know each other well. Your hair sounds really pretty. I can't see the pic, unfortunately.

Hair type: 2b/M/C/iii
Current length: classic
Primary goal: thickening the ends

Hair journal:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/663765

Routine:
- NW/SO on the scalp, with periodical length
washes (Alverde birke-salbei shampoo for the length)
- brushing, scritching, preening and massaging daily
- occasional S&D trims
- trimming the ends whenever they start looking funny
Current length: classic+
Current goal: knee

Current routine:
~ alternating a NW/SO (no water/sebum only) routine with occasional washes. I use the techniques of NW/SO (brushing, scritching and preening) almost daily, but I do a shampoo wash every month or two.

Products and tools:
~ Alverde Birke-Salbei shampoo
~ occasionally oiling the ends with either coconut or almond oil; currently experimenting with argan oil
~ an assortment of BBBs
~ Tangle Teezer/Tangle Angel & wide-tooth comb
~ hair friendly hair toys, for putting up hair and forgetting about it

Hair journal (rarely updated nowadays):

November 9th, 2011, 8:24 pm #9

And that’s about all!

1bnii 42 1/2"
Goals: Improve hair health, get rid of split ends. Thinking about trying to go classic.

November 9th, 2011, 8:50 pm #10

Hi Heather! As Debbie said, there's no need to be tentative, the Loom is a very friendly place I hope we'll get to know each other well. Your hair sounds really pretty. I can't see the pic, unfortunately.

Current length: classic
Primary goal: thickening the ends

Hair journal:

Routine:
- NW/SO on the scalp, with periodical length
washes (Alverde birke-salbei shampoo for the length)
- brushing, scritching, preening and massaging daily
- occasional S&D trims
- trimming the ends whenever they start looking funny
Thank you! You hair is very beautiful as well! I think I have got the picture thing fixed, so you should be able to see one on my signature.

What I use:

November 9th, 2011, 9:00 pm #11

Good to have you join us here.

1BFii
Hair: All natural dark brown and silver.
Washing: Once or twice a week. Condition from ears on down. Cold as I can stand it final rinse.
Shampoo/Conditioner:Aubrey's Honeysuckle Rose Shampoo and Conditioner. Nature's Gate Organics Biotin Shampoo and Conditioner.
Wide tooth comb
Kind Regards,
lacemitts

What I use:

November 9th, 2011, 10:30 pm #12

And that’s about all!
Hi there!

Glad you discovered the Loom! I think you will find it to be a very informative and friendly place; everyone here is really nice!

I wear my hair in a bun or braid most of the time too....so you're not alone!

Hope to see you around, and I look forward to chatting with you!

~Misty

Joined 8/26/2010

Hair Length: 35.50" (when left curly)
37.00" (when straightened out)

Hair Type: 3cnii
Naturally curly

Goal Length: We'll see how long it will get!

Main Goal: To have my hair be healthy and long

***One hair on the head is worth two in the brush***

Please visit my Etsy shop:http://www.etsy.com/shop/SilverHeelsTradingCo
My Website:http://hotrodangel.webs.com/

November 9th, 2011, 11:06 pm #13

What I use:

hum...

~Heather Joy

What I use:

November 9th, 2011, 11:29 pm #14

What I use:

hum...

~Heather Joy

What I use:

November 9th, 2011, 11:34 pm #15

1bnii 42 1/2"
Goals: Improve hair health, get rid of split ends. Thinking about trying to go classic.
~Heather Joy

What I use:

November 9th, 2011, 11:36 pm #16

Hi there!

Glad you discovered the Loom! I think you will find it to be a very informative and friendly place; everyone here is really nice!

I wear my hair in a bun or braid most of the time too....so you're not alone!

Hope to see you around, and I look forward to chatting with you!

~Misty

Joined 8/26/2010

Hair Length: 35.50" (when left curly)
37.00" (when straightened out)

Hair Type: 3cnii
Naturally curly

Goal Length: We'll see how long it will get!

Main Goal: To have my hair be healthy and long

***One hair on the head is worth two in the brush***

Please visit my Etsy shop:http://www.etsy.com/shop/SilverHeelsTradingCo
My Website:http://hotrodangel.webs.com/

It's nice to meet a fellow bun wearer! LOL! I look forward to getting to know all of you better!

~Heather Joy

What I use:

November 10th, 2011, 10:30 am #17

And that’s about all!
Its a pleasure for you to join us. Everyone on hear is awesome and you will get used to how things work in no time. Just join in with the posts and keep us updated on how you are doing

P.S I am also a bun wearer as I cannot stand having hair on my face when I am busy (which is alot of the time!) Hopefully you will be able to find a few more easy styles to add to your bun.

~*Sakura*~
2a/F/ii
24/26/BSL (28)

November 10th, 2011, 3:50 pm #18

And that’s about all!
Welcome to the loom. Your hair sounds beautiful. I'm sorry to say I can't see the linked picture in you signature.
I'm also a fellow bun wearer, just because it won't get in the way while working and travelling. It's also a good way to protect your hair. What kind of buns do you wear (pins, hair sticks, braided, etc.)?

Light brown hair.
36.4 inch/93cm TBL. Trying if I can get it to classic and/or 1 m long.
2bNiii with spiral curls at my ears and nape.

Lori
Lori

November 10th, 2011, 4:19 pm #19

And that’s about all!
I am unable to see your pic also but I am glad to have you join us here.

November 10th, 2011, 9:20 pm #20

Its a pleasure for you to join us. Everyone on hear is awesome and you will get used to how things work in no time. Just join in with the posts and keep us updated on how you are doing

P.S I am also a bun wearer as I cannot stand having hair on my face when I am busy (which is alot of the time!) Hopefully you will be able to find a few more easy styles to add to your bun.

~*Sakura*~
2a/F/ii
24/26/BSL (28)
~Heather Joy

What I use:

November 10th, 2011, 9:27 pm #21

Welcome to the loom. Your hair sounds beautiful. I'm sorry to say I can't see the linked picture in you signature.
I'm also a fellow bun wearer, just because it won't get in the way while working and travelling. It's also a good way to protect your hair. What kind of buns do you wear (pins, hair sticks, braided, etc.)?

Light brown hair.
36.4 inch/93cm TBL. Trying if I can get it to classic and/or 1 m long.
2bNiii with spiral curls at my ears and nape.
I'm sorry you can't see the picture. I'm trying to work something out that everyone can see.
For my buns I some times use hair sticks or a great hair fork that I have. Most of the time I just wind up my hair in a "blob" and just clip it up with a plastic clip. I also do the hanging "tail" thing, let the tail hang out of the bun like a little ponytail. I also have "hair spirals" that I used to use all the time, but then I lost one.

~Heather Joy

What I use:

November 10th, 2011, 9:29 pm #22

I am unable to see your pic also but I am glad to have you join us here.
I'm working on the photo so that everyone will be able to see it.

~Heather Joy

What I use:

Fox

November 11th, 2011, 7:32 am #23

And that’s about all!
So glad to have you join us! Make yourself at home and feel free to ask any questions you might have! We love it!

-Fox

January 2010
Special thanks to Carlynn for my custom doll signature!
17/32.75/40+ Type 2CMii (3B underneath layer) Somewhat fine, slightly wavy (with curls on the underneath layer), Hennaed Auburn. F.L.A. Ranking, Colonel. To see more pictures, click on the gallery collection link found here:<a href="">http://www.geocities.com/ifoxbox/ForeverFox.html> Forever Fox </a>
My Journal: <a href="">http://www.longhairloom.com/foxjournal.htm> Faithfully Fox </a>

Want custom sticks? Please visit: Sticks and Stones, Hairsticks by Fox

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, they will become your character. Develop your character for it becomes your destiny." -John MacArthur

"Love makes you beautiful" - quote from my nephew at age 7

Products Used:

Ida's Shampoo Bars

Aubrey Organics S&C
Nature's Gate Conditioners

Vinegar/herbal rinses

Oils: Jojoba, Sweet Almond, Virgin Oil de Coco Creme, Monoi, Castor, Meadowfoam Seed & essential oils
Shea Butter (from which I make my own leave-in)

MP Popular Mix Brush and Pure BB brush
Wood and Horn combs
Vitamins/Minerals/Herbal supplements
-Fox
Starting my growing journey all over again after health issues took a major toll on my hair.
17/25.5/35+ - Type 2C-3bMii Somewhat fine, wavy (with corkscrew curls on the underneath layer), natural color is light brown with gold and red highlights. Previously used henna for years, but had it highlighted out over a couple of years. Currently trying to decide what to do as far as continuing with that to keep up the roots or doing something different.

Products Used:
Aubrey Organics S&C - my most favorite, but currently using Neways Second Chance Shampoo, SheaMoisture's High Porosity Moisture-Seal Masque,
Sally Beauty Generic Value Product's version of Matrix Biolage conditioner (as a leave in, not rinsed out)
Aubrey Organics Chia Gel
Vinegar/herbal rinses
Oils: Jojoba, Castor, Coconut & essential oils
MP Popular Mix Brush
MP & Madora wide tooth combs

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, they will become your character. Develop your character for it becomes your destiny."

November 11th, 2011, 5:10 pm #24

I am the one who bought the love bug hair sticks with the matching necklace from you. I love them, and I am wearing them right now!

~Heather Joy
Owner/Partner at Joyous Crafts
https://www.facebook.com/joyouscrafts

I want to go classic length, with a "fairytail ending". :D

What I use:

Fox

November 11th, 2011, 8:42 pm #25

It's nice to connect the love bug dots here. So glad you love them and so glad to have you join us on board!

-Fox

January 2010
Special thanks to Carlynn for my custom doll signature!
17/32.75/40+ Type 2CMii (3B underneath layer) Somewhat fine, slightly wavy (with curls on the underneath layer), Hennaed Auburn. F.L.A. Ranking, Colonel. To see more pictures, click on the gallery collection link found here:<a href="">http://www.geocities.com/ifoxbox/ForeverFox.html> Forever Fox </a>
My Journal: <a href="">http://www.longhairloom.com/foxjournal.htm> Faithfully Fox </a>

Want custom sticks? Please visit: Sticks and Stones, Hairsticks by Fox

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, they will become your character. Develop your character for it becomes your destiny." -John MacArthur

"Love makes you beautiful" - quote from my nephew at age 7

Products Used:

Ida's Shampoo Bars

Aubrey Organics S&C
Nature's Gate Conditioners

Vinegar/herbal rinses

Oils: Jojoba, Sweet Almond, Virgin Oil de Coco Creme, Monoi, Castor, Meadowfoam Seed & essential oils
Shea Butter (from which I make my own leave-in)

MP Popular Mix Brush and Pure BB brush
Wood and Horn combs
-Fox
Starting my growing journey all over again after health issues took a major toll on my hair.
17/25.5/35+ - Type 2C-3bMii Somewhat fine, wavy (with corkscrew curls on the underneath layer), natural color is light brown with gold and red highlights. Previously used henna for years, but had it highlighted out over a couple of years. Currently trying to decide what to do as far as continuing with that to keep up the roots or doing something different.

Products Used:
Aubrey Organics S&C - my most favorite, but currently using Neways Second Chance Shampoo, SheaMoisture's High Porosity Moisture-Seal Masque,
Sally Beauty Generic Value Product's version of Matrix Biolage conditioner (as a leave in, not rinsed out)
Aubrey Organics Chia Gel
Vinegar/herbal rinses
Oils: Jojoba, Castor, Coconut & essential oils
MP Popular Mix Brush
MP & Madora wide tooth combs

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, they will become your character. Develop your character for it becomes your destiny."

Dulcy
Dulcy

November 12th, 2011, 1:34 am #26

Welcome!!

November 12th, 2011, 9:52 am #27

And that’s about all!
Hello and Welcome to the Loom!

The Flexi looks lovely in your beautiful hair
Flexis are among my favorite hair toys - they hold buns and updoes very well and are so pritty at the same time, perfect combination

November 12th, 2011, 7:40 pm #28

~Heather Joy
Owner/Partner at Joyous Crafts
https://www.facebook.com/joyouscrafts

I want to go classic length, with a "fairytail ending". :D

What I use:

Confirmation of reply: