A style for my leavers ball

A style for my leavers ball

Emily
Emily

March 1st, 2004, 7:10 pm #1

Hi, i have just recently bought my dress for a leavers ball at the end of this year. It is in the summer and the dress i have has a gorgeous back which i dont want to hide by wearing my long hair down. I would like to have it up in some way and am looking for some suggestions. Something pretty!
Thanks
Emily

Fox

March 2nd, 2004, 8:19 am #2

I'm sorry that I can't remember right now. Also, how formal is your ball? I have some fun more formal styles I am working on that might be perfect!

-Fox

17/33.13/35+ Type 2CMii (3B underneath layer) Somewhat fine, slightly wavy (with curls on the underneath layer), Hennaed Auburn. To see more pictures, click on the gallery collection link found here:
<a href=http://www.geocities.com/ifoxbox/ForeverFox.html> Forever Fox </a>

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, they will become your character. Develop your character for it becomes your destiny." -John MacArthur

Products Used:
Aubrey Organics S&C
Nature's Gate Conditioners (As well as Forest Pure, another brand made by the makers of Nature's Gate)
Vinegar/herbal rinses

Oils: Jojoba, Sweet Almond, Virgin Oil de Coco Creme, Monoi, Castor, Meadowfoam Seed & essential oils

Shea Butter (from which I make my own leave-in)
MP Popular Mix Brush
Wood and Horn combs
Vitamins/Minerals/Herbal supplements
-Fox
Starting my growing journey all over again after health issues took a major toll on my hair.
17/25.5/35+ - Type 2C-3bMii Somewhat fine, wavy (with corkscrew curls on the underneath layer), natural color is light brown with gold and red highlights. Previously used henna for years, but had it highlighted out over a couple of years. Currently trying to decide what to do as far as continuing with that to keep up the roots or doing something different.

Products Used:
Aubrey Organics S&C - my most favorite, but currently using Neways Second Chance Shampoo, SheaMoisture's High Porosity Moisture-Seal Masque,
Sally Beauty Generic Value Product's version of Matrix Biolage conditioner (as a leave in, not rinsed out)
Aubrey Organics Chia Gel
Vinegar/herbal rinses
Oils: Jojoba, Castor, Coconut & essential oils
MP Popular Mix Brush
MP & Madora wide tooth combs

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, they will become your character. Develop your character for it becomes your destiny."

Emily
Emily

March 2nd, 2004, 4:51 pm #3

My hair is roughly 16 inches long from parting to ends. I will have had it slightly trimmed to about 14 inches by the time. It is a leaving ball for the entire year with ball dresses and tuxedos so quite formal but a little bit of fun too would be good.
Thanks

Fox

March 3rd, 2004, 7:35 am #4

If that is so... I have a great style for you! I did it on my sister-in-law for Valentine's Day. I don't have step by step instructions, but I can tell you how to do it. If I have time, I'll try to get some pictures taken as well.

This style is created by taking a small front section of hair (like putting a thumb on each side of your forehead, then bringing them back a bit to meet each other- that is your section) and then, push it up and forward a bit, secure with a butterfly or mini claw clip in a colr that is close to your own hair color. If you have a lot of hair hanging down from that, leave it and use it in the remaining sections. If you have shorter layers, and only a tiny bit is hanging down, clip it forward out of your way, and you can let it down later.

If you want some front loose sections to frame your face, take those out now, very tiny section. Allow them to stay forward out of your way.

Take a small section from each side of your hair at ear level, make a simple braid, secure the end. Repeat on other side. Allow the braids to just hang while you complete the rest of the style.

Take the remainder of your hair and divide it in half horizontally. Your section should be just above your ear level. Smooth hair as though you are going to make a pony tail, then begin to twist. It doesn't matter which way you twist, as long as you remember which way it is (because you will be twisting the next section in the opposite direction). While you twist, bring the section upward, so the tail is up in the air. Keep this close to your head, and lay it flat against your scalp so you can secure it with pin. I used the large sized bobby pins, but you can use any favorite securing pins you have. I used two, one going upward, and one going downward. You will have hair that is left over and sorting of swinging to one side, which is how it is supposed to be.

Now, move on to the bottom section. Twist that hair in the same way, but opposite direction. Pin in place and allow hair to fall in that opposite direction. You will sort of have a S shape going on, or backward S shape depending on which way your first twist falls.

Take your braids, cross one braid over the center of your two twists. Use a bobby pin to secure. Repeat on other side.

If you had the front small section clipped out of your way, let it loose now. It should only hang down a few inches. That hair can be styled to go over with the curved and hanging hair from the top twist.

Use a curling iron or if you have plenty of time, really small rollers, to get more defined waves in your hanging curved sections of loose hair. Use the roller to go in the direction the hair is going, rolling under and sideways.

If you have a hair stick you want to use or other similar styled accessory, slide it at an angle between the two twist, but close to the scalp.

Add any additional pins you feel you need to keep style secure.

I wish I had pictures, other than the finshed style, but hopefully this will give you something to practice with.

Let me know if you like it, and how it goes!

-Fox

17/33.13/35+ Type 2CMii (3B underneath layer) Somewhat fine, slightly wavy (with curls on the underneath layer), Hennaed Auburn. To see more pictures, click on the gallery collection link found here:
<a href=http://www.geocities.com/ifoxbox/ForeverFox.html> Forever Fox </a>

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, they will become your character. Develop your character for it becomes your destiny." -John MacArthur

Products Used:
Aubrey Organics S&C
Nature's Gate Conditioners (As well as Forest Pure, another brand made by the makers of Nature's Gate)
Vinegar/herbal rinses

Oils: Jojoba, Sweet Almond, Virgin Oil de Coco Creme, Monoi, Castor, Meadowfoam Seed & essential oils

Shea Butter (from which I make my own leave-in)
MP Popular Mix Brush
Wood and Horn combs
-Fox
Starting my growing journey all over again after health issues took a major toll on my hair.
17/25.5/35+ - Type 2C-3bMii Somewhat fine, wavy (with corkscrew curls on the underneath layer), natural color is light brown with gold and red highlights. Previously used henna for years, but had it highlighted out over a couple of years. Currently trying to decide what to do as far as continuing with that to keep up the roots or doing something different.

Products Used:
Aubrey Organics S&C - my most favorite, but currently using Neways Second Chance Shampoo, SheaMoisture's High Porosity Moisture-Seal Masque,
Sally Beauty Generic Value Product's version of Matrix Biolage conditioner (as a leave in, not rinsed out)
Aubrey Organics Chia Gel
Vinegar/herbal rinses
Oils: Jojoba, Castor, Coconut & essential oils
MP Popular Mix Brush
MP & Madora wide tooth combs

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, they will become your character. Develop your character for it becomes your destiny."

Confirmation of reply: