A cautionary tale....

A cautionary tale....

07 Jun 2017, 05:55 #1

Between full washes I will do a scalp wash where I only wash my hairline and on the top of my head. This is the story of what happens when a scalp wash is interrupted.

I usually scalp wash while bending over my sink. I rinse by dumping cups of water on my head starting in the front. I start in the front because by this point I nearly always have shampoo in my eyes. I had just picked up the cup to start rinsing further back when the phone rang. I blotted my face and hair with a towel and went to grab my phone. My mom and I had a nice 45 minute chat while I did some housework. Then I went to the grocery store. It wasn't until I was braiding my hair for bed (hours later) that I discovered I had never finished rinsing.

Sigh...I'm too young to be going senile, I think I'll just have to accept the fact that I'm a scatterbrain! ....and that the good-looking man at the grocery store kept staring at me because my hair looked like the Exxon Valdez, not because I have a hot bod. (not that I have a hot bod, but still, it would be nice if that were the reason)

Moral of the story:
Ignore your cell phone while washing your hair.

I can always find a new grocery store, can't I?
Just past classic...Thinking about heading for knee....maybe

07 Jun 2017, 07:45 #2

You could find a new grocery store, but would it be one with such a good looking man? And what if there's the possibility that he was staring at you because he thought you could be someone he'd like to get to know? Perhaps he likes girls with hair that looks like the Exxon Valdez and at least you know how to achieve that look now.

We all have days like that. I have too many but I'm heading towards the age where senility is not an improbability. If it makes you feel any better, I took two of my daughters-in-law out for lunch on the weekend and at the end of a lovely time I reached around to the back of my head and realised that half of the hair on one side had not made it into my pony tail. Hmmm, must have been a rather interesting look.

Hair Journey Began in June 2006 ...

Hair Type: 2a/M/ii
Hair Colour: Dark brown with natural red and silver highlights (more silver than red nowadays)
Starting length: 25"/62.5cm (BSL)
Initial Goal length: 36" (Tailbone)
Setback: Major shed in 2010 when at 38"
New Goal: Healthy hair that I'm happy with! (Preferably tailbone with thick hemline.

Current Routine
CWCA: C = condition the length with conditioner or shea butter; W = wash the scalp using diluted organic shampoo; Condition = small amount of conditioner on ends; A = acidic rinse, either ACV or citric acid; Frequency = once a week. In-between times, scalp washes as required.
Tips for super soft hair = Wash with Miracle Water. Finish up with LOC (Liquid = water; Oil = almond/olive/avocado oils; Cream = aloe vera gel)
Other: Regular micro-trims; light oiling on dry hair a few times a week; BBB; wooden comb; Mason Pearson comb; hair sticks, Flexi-8's, Ficcare, and other hair friendly toys.

'Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfailing beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.' 1 Peter 3:3-4