6 month photo update

6 month photo update

June 5th, 2012, 12:13 pm #1

---Picture on the right is after sleeping in a braid....photo on the left is after bandana curls.----

Above is a photo of some "progress" which has been made in the past 6 months since joining the 'loom!
I did have my first trim since Nov. 2011 last week and the ends surely were begging for it. It looks so much better and feels much nicer and less apt to snag while finger combing. The ends of my braids look much neater, too.

I also changed product lines as unfortunately, the natural products just were not serving my hair as I had hoped. I am now using the MORROCAN OIL line (shampoo, conditioner, and a masque) and I am loving it. Here is the website, if you're interested:)
http://www.moroccanoil.com/

The products do contain some of the ingredients I would usually stay away from, but I am just loving the results too much to stop...and why should I? Somehow, my hair seems to love cones:( I first tried these products a few weeks ago while on vacation, compliments of my mom, and I loved the results. I suppose it also could have been the moist sea breeze, too:) I also get the products deeply discounted (and my hair cut was only $5, too!!!!) as my cousin works at the salon I visit 2x year. (although, after seeing what this trim has done, I may go 3x year....if I get very brave!)

Some of you might remember me complaining about the darkness in color of my hair during the winter months here. I am happy to say that after only a month or two in the sun, I have lightened up naturally and I'm happy with the result:)

Sorry for the long entry-- it's been awhile since I've been talkative here. I'm getting ready to leave for 3 weeks of school in NY for waldorf teacher training, and I've been busy reading the days away:)

Love to all of you!

1bfii
1/2012- 28 inches,
6/2012- 30 inches after a very small trim

GOAL 1- 31 inches by July 2012 (wedding day!)
Long term goal: Classic Length

Moroccan Oil Shampoo, Conditioner and Masque
Aubrey Organics Nustyle detangler and shine booster
Weleda Rosemary Hair Oil, jojoba oil with rosemary EO and 100% Argan Oil on ends
Deep conditioning with virgin coconut oil
Pureed Fresh Avocado as a hair mask every month (leave on for 30 min.)
Biotin and Prenatal vitamins
daily scalp massages
MP rake comb, BB brush before bed
(still a proud nursing mama!)
http://bendingbirches2010.blogspot.com/

Last edited by mermaidtresses1133 on June 5th, 2012, 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 5th, 2012, 12:34 pm #2

You have great hair to be admired.

April 2012

October 2011

August 2011

1BFii
Hair: All natural dark brown and silver.
Washing: Once or twice a week. Condition from ears on down. Cold as I can stand it final rinse. Shampoo/Conditioner:Aubrey's Honeysuckle Rose Shampoo and Conditioner. Nature's Gate Organics Biotin Shampoo and Conditioner.
Wide tooth comb.
Kind Regards,
lacemitts

June 5th, 2012, 8:20 pm #3

---Picture on the right is after sleeping in a braid....photo on the left is after bandana curls.----

Above is a photo of some "progress" which has been made in the past 6 months since joining the 'loom!
I did have my first trim since Nov. 2011 last week and the ends surely were begging for it. It looks so much better and feels much nicer and less apt to snag while finger combing. The ends of my braids look much neater, too.

I also changed product lines as unfortunately, the natural products just were not serving my hair as I had hoped. I am now using the MORROCAN OIL line (shampoo, conditioner, and a masque) and I am loving it. Here is the website, if you're interested:)

The products do contain some of the ingredients I would usually stay away from, but I am just loving the results too much to stop...and why should I? Somehow, my hair seems to love cones:( I first tried these products a few weeks ago while on vacation, compliments of my mom, and I loved the results. I suppose it also could have been the moist sea breeze, too:) I also get the products deeply discounted (and my hair cut was only $5, too!!!!) as my cousin works at the salon I visit 2x year. (although, after seeing what this trim has done, I may go 3x year....if I get very brave!)

Some of you might remember me complaining about the darkness in color of my hair during the winter months here. I am happy to say that after only a month or two in the sun, I have lightened up naturally and I'm happy with the result:)

Sorry for the long entry-- it's been awhile since I've been talkative here. I'm getting ready to leave for 3 weeks of school in NY for waldorf teacher training, and I've been busy reading the days away:)

Love to all of you!

1bfii
1/2012- 28 inches,

Weleda Rosemary Hair Oil, jojoba oil with rosemary EO and 100% Argan Oil on ends
daily scalp massages

Your hair is wonderful and I love the styles!

1aFiii auburn (natural)

June 5th, 2012, 11:09 pm #4

Love to all of you!

1bfii
1/2012- 28 inches,

daily scalp massages

You hair is gorgeous, MermaidTresses! And there are no quotation marks needed in progress - your hair really looks longer. I'm happy that your hair is back to the color that you like! It's really great how little it took for it to bounce back to your light golden blond. By and by - if your hair likes cones, there is no reason for you to stop using them. I'm the proponent of doing what your hair likes, and if cones make your hair happy, then it's best to stick to them.

Hair type: 2b/M/C/iii
Current length: classic
Primary goal: thickening the ends

Hair journal:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/663765

Routine:
- NW/SO on the scalp, with periodical length
washes (Alverde birke-salbei shampoo for the length)
- brushing, scritching, preening and massaging daily
- occasional S&D trims
- trimming the ends whenever they start looking funny
Hair type: 2b/M/C/iii
Current length: classic+
Current goal: knee

Current routine:
~ alternating a NW/SO (no water/sebum only) routine with occasional washes. I use the techniques of NW/SO (brushing, scritching and preening) almost daily, but I do a shampoo wash every month or two.

Products and tools:
~ Alverde Birke-Salbei shampoo
~ occasionally oiling the ends with either coconut or almond oil; currently experimenting with argan oil
~ an assortment of BBBs
~ Tangle Teezer/Tangle Angel & wide-tooth comb
~ hair friendly hair toys, for putting up hair and forgetting about it

Hair journal (rarely updated nowadays):
http://www.network54.com/Forum/663765

Confirmation of reply: