travel thread: edinburgh

September 8th, 2017, 8:23 pm #11

off to edinburgh for a long weekend in a couple of weeks and looking for some food and drink establishment recommendations.

Off to a gig at usher hall as well so any close by watering hole recommendations for near there appreciated.

Give it your best shot, edinburgh has a lot to live up to following my trip to glasgow last year.

oh and if anybody fancies a beer obvs up for that too. weekend of 06 oct.
x
Haha.

September 10th, 2017, 8:45 am #12

off to edinburgh for a long weekend in a couple of weeks and looking for some food and drink establishment recommendations.

Off to a gig at usher hall as well so any close by watering hole recommendations for near there appreciated.

Give it your best shot, edinburgh has a lot to live up to following my trip to glasgow last year.

x
For food check out L'escargot Bleu/Blanc (two different restaurants at opposite ends of town). The food is decent and you also get two for deals that make it good value. Plus they treat their wine menu with care.

Fishers in the City is also fucking brilliant if you fancy being a bit flash.

Teuchters would be my choice of pub. Always got some good beers on, next to a tram stop and you could walk to the usher hall in twenty minutes. It's got a fairly decent restaurant downstairs too.

The shore down Leith way is a great day out. So many good wee places to nip into.

September 10th, 2017, 9:21 am #13

x
Petit Paris on the Grassmarket is a nice little French restaurant which does a decent set lunch menu. The Oxford Bar is a great pub, well worth a visit.

September 10th, 2017, 9:38 am #14

x
Yes, Petit Paris is a smashing little place.

September 10th, 2017, 5:41 pm #15

x
For seafood, Ondine is much better than Fisher's and much fancier but at the same price point.

Teuchter's is a good shout. Great place.

September 11th, 2017, 8:54 am #16

x
Fantastic thanks chairman for that extensive list. And to everybody else who made suggestions.

Forgot to say on original post record shops too. Any good tips for those would be great.

September 11th, 2017, 11:31 am #17

x
Indeed, cheers Chairman. I pretty much live in Edinburgh now but don't know enough good places to go. Ondine will definitely be checked out (as will the dogs and el cartel).

Red Squirrel didn't do anything for me, though I was just in for breakfast.

Mart happy to catch up for a beer if I'm about, though dont want to I true on you two.

September 11th, 2017, 11:32 am #18

x
Intrude that should have read

September 11th, 2017, 11:32 am #19

x
Intrude that should have read

September 11th, 2017, 12:31 pm #20

x
Niall time shouldn't be a problem. I just need to figure out where we're staying in relation to everything else suggested and come up with a plan. We've got a bit more time than in glasgow though so a pint or 3 would be grand. If you're around of course.

I'll add you on facebook, as I don't get on here as much as I used to. So easier for me to message you on there.