This Harvey Weinstein story

This Harvey Weinstein story

October 12th, 2017, 11:40 am #1

What a fucking scumbag. Tip of the iceberg stuff with the entertainment industry?

I didn't realise there were some dodgy allegations about Louis CK. The Afflecks not coming out well from this either.

What is really mental, to me, is that one of the main women who has spoken out about Weinstein's actions, Asia Argento, previously signed the petition calling for Roman Polanski's release. Utterly fucked.

Hollywood seems utterly vile. Elijah Wood was calling out the disgusting things going on last year if I remember correctly.

October 12th, 2017, 11:54 am #2

All utterly repulsive and all utterly unsurprising

October 12th, 2017, 1:26 pm #3

What a fucking scumbag. Tip of the iceberg stuff with the entertainment industry?

I didn't realise there were some dodgy allegations about Louis CK. The Afflecks not coming out well from this either.

What is really mental, to me, is that one of the main women who has spoken out about Weinstein's actions, Asia Argento, previously signed the petition calling for Roman Polanski's release. Utterly fucked.

Hollywood seems utterly vile. Elijah Wood was calling out the disgusting things going on last year if I remember correctly.
That story that was on popbitch about weinstien wanking on someone’s leg has been around for years. The Louis CK one has been around for at least 2 years ago. Wasn’t particularly surprised in the end.

Although this is utterly fucked the Affleck stuff is weird. What he did is wrong but all these videos has been around for years and that one on MTV has been dragged up multiple times.

October 12th, 2017, 2:03 pm #4

Tip of the iceberg indeed. Hollywood has been involved in monumental cover ups of sexual abuse for decades.

There is a good doc about Bryan Singer which, unsurprisingly, flew under the radar.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Open_Secret

October 12th, 2017, 2:09 pm #5

It would be a shame if the Louis CK rumours are true, I'm a big fan

October 12th, 2017, 2:26 pm #6

This is the thing though, a lot of blind eyes turned to people who have fans, and by definition, men in Hollywood will be likely to have fans and/or power

October 12th, 2017, 2:35 pm #7

when somebody like tig notaro is intimating that the rumours about louis CK are true I'm inclined to believe them.

It's totally fucked, and of course there's more shit been covered up. Although from the sounds of it there have been plenty of women willing to turn a blind eye to ensure their own careers who are now being quite vocal. Not sure how well that fits with me.

October 12th, 2017, 2:42 pm #8

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the Louis CK rumours are true. Lots of independent accounts that detail exactly the same behaviour.

October 12th, 2017, 5:17 pm #9

There's loads of the filthy fuckers bang at it.

Weinstein should have already been arrested but the fuckers gone to rehab like he's the victim.

They should also arrest all the women who got paid off and signed non disclosures. In fact arrest everybody in hollyweird, close that cesspit down.

Wait until they start with the kiddy rapists who abused Disney child actors.

The only question is why now? Trump, that's why. When everyone starts naming names of really powerful men who have abused them, his victims will all come out.

October 12th, 2017, 5:40 pm #10

Apparently the investigation against Weinstein has been going on for the last 10 months