Over the top Halloween costume effort

Over the top Halloween costume effort

October 30th, 2017, 5:39 pm #1

When did Halloween stop being something where kids dressed up as ghosts and witches and their parents took them trick or treating and start being something where adults started pretending they were up for Best Costume and Make Up Oscar in a desperate bid to outdo everyone else?

October 30th, 2017, 6:16 pm #2

answer: stop looking at Facebook, these things rarely exist in real life

October 30th, 2017, 6:26 pm #3

When did Halloween stop being something where kids dressed up as ghosts and witches and their parents took them trick or treating and start being something where adults started pretending they were up for Best Costume and Make Up Oscar in a desperate bid to outdo everyone else?
As a kid, I just used to wrap myself in toilet roll to look like a mummy and bobbed for apples in my kitchen using the washing up bowl. Don't think I ever went trick or treating.

I blame satellite TV and the internet.

October 31st, 2017, 3:40 pm #4

It's all that Americana bullcrap..

we all want to be the next donny trumpalike

I would slick gel my hair back, talcum powder my face, add a bit of blood drool using mums lipstick, white school shirt, black trousers, and a bit of black material for a cape. I would then do my immediate next door neighbours and then my nan who lived on the same street as me. My mother would never ever answer the door to trick or treaters, opting instead for our house to get egged every year by the local naughty kids.