Newspapers

Newspapers

April 18th, 2011, 7:03 pm #1

What newspapers do people read?

When at home it's the Scotsman and Edinburgh Evening News.

At Uni I subscribe to the guardian weekly and try and read bits of the financial times when at the library.

Is the times or independent better than the guardian in anybodys opinion?

--------------------------------------------

Ooooooooooooh a madcap laughs in the corner!

April 18th, 2011, 7:24 pm #2

I get The Independent of a morning on my way to work and Edinburgh Evening News on my way home.

I prefer the Independent to The Guardian, yes. Much less self indulgent bullshit and nonsense celeb garbage.

________________________________________________________________________________________
.org365 - The .org Football Forum

http://www.network54.com/Forum/673024/

April 18th, 2011, 7:27 pm #3

I got the independent for the train journey the other day and really enjoyed the viewspaper.

Ooooooooooooh a madcap laughs in the corner!

April 18th, 2011, 7:39 pm #4

I tend to just read the sport but news depresses me so tend to just do the crossword and leave it at that.

April 18th, 2011, 7:47 pm #5

the guardian. despite a few people i've heard moaning about it going downhill i still think it's a good read. the independent is the only other one i could pass judgement on. it's okay, robert fisk is a good journalist. there is something malcolm tucker says about the independent front page which i thought was quite apt at the time but i forget it now. something about sticking stories on the front page that will have no real consequences or summat

April 18th, 2011, 7:52 pm #6

I tend to just read the sport but news depresses me so tend to just do the crossword and leave it at that.
I rarely buy newspapers. I'll pick up The Metro or Evening Standard to read on the bus home - both of them shite, obviously. I buy The Guardian occasionally on a Saturday. It's shite too. I want to like The Sindie because a dear friend of mine is a sub on it but it's just never worked for me.

April 18th, 2011, 7:54 pm #7

I like the guardian on saturday and the observer on sunday. I get the times on monday for the football pullout. Pretty much it

========================

HOLY MACKEREL

April 18th, 2011, 7:58 pm #8

Oh... and I have a quick varda at the Belfast Tele online fairly often.

April 18th, 2011, 8:06 pm #9

Sun, notw, grauniad on saturday

April 18th, 2011, 8:17 pm #10

i thin kthat quote about the indpendent front page from the thick of it is:

"It's not like we're the Independent, we can't just stick a headline saying 'CRUELTY' and then stick a picture of a dolphin or a whale underneath" said by the mail editor in it or something

which is think is pretty funny and also fairly accurate. i mean, apart from that it's said by the daily mail editor. i usually read the guardian or sometimes the independent.