Musicians with 'normal' jobs

Musicians with 'normal' jobs

September 11th, 2017, 11:30 am #1

I've just seen the lead singer of Fat Whites changing the soap dispensers at my work, which got me thinking. Any of you ever bumped into a musician 'daylighting'?

Faris from The Horrors painted my mate's house once, but back in those years I somehow naively thought it was just a favour..

September 11th, 2017, 11:34 am #2

It's hardly a normal job but Bruce Dickinson is a bloody pilot. He wins most trumps

September 11th, 2017, 11:50 am #3

I've just seen the lead singer of Fat Whites changing the soap dispensers at my work, which got me thinking. Any of you ever bumped into a musician 'daylighting'?

Faris from The Horrors painted my mate's house once, but back in those years I somehow naively thought it was just a favour..
bloody pilots on 9/11?? tut tut

September 11th, 2017, 11:52 am #4

"just seen the lead singer of Fat Whites changing the soap dispensers at my work"

sure he wasn't just completing a shady drug deal? the dispenser is the dropbox?

September 11th, 2017, 11:55 am #5

Ha, that did cross my mind. or community service. he strutted back to the van in his blue high vis and sped off

September 11th, 2017, 12:02 pm #6

You used to find members of Art Brut working in various Camden pubs.

September 11th, 2017, 12:37 pm #7

various members of bands from the leeds scene in the 00's used to be support workers for disabled students at leeds uni.

Wonder if HHH is still cutting peoples hair, to top up his earning from his band (who's name escapes me rhythm method?)

September 11th, 2017, 2:27 pm #8

HHH Joeys touring barbershop. Na, I reckon he's just back living at his mums between gigs

September 11th, 2017, 7:39 pm #9

There was article about this on vice a while ago:

https://noisey.vice.com/en_uk/article/6 ... r-day-jobs

September 12th, 2017, 9:59 am #10

My sister's fiancé was the drummer in The Rifles for a while. He does maintenance on advertising boards in London train stations