Musicians with 'normal' jobs

September 12th, 2017, 10:41 am #11

I've just seen the lead singer of Fat Whites changing the soap dispensers at my work, which got me thinking. Any of you ever bumped into a musician 'daylighting'?

Faris from The Horrors painted my mate's house once, but back in those years I somehow naively thought it was just a favour..
Jimmy Lager, guitar player in The Others (lovely chap) used to drive the electric train along Brighton Prom in the summer - may still do

September 12th, 2017, 10:53 am #12

I've just seen the lead singer of Fat Whites changing the soap dispensers at my work, which got me thinking. Any of you ever bumped into a musician 'daylighting'?

Faris from The Horrors painted my mate's house once, but back in those years I somehow naively thought it was just a favour..
Keef from bloc party is a Star Wars artist

September 12th, 2017, 2:21 pm #13

Haha, Keef. Speaking of The Others, Dom Masters is sometimes on my morning commute. Just another frustrated worker with his head buried in the Metro. He has his own company now!

September 12th, 2017, 3:10 pm #14

My cousin has drummed for Corrine Bailey Rae and Martina Topley-Bird among others. He's a chef now.

September 12th, 2017, 7:10 pm #15

Ha!

I'd like to work for Lucasfilm, im slowly getting a strong portfolio together in that respect.

I'm officially a student now though. Three year full time illustration degree starting end of this month. Might start a band too, so that im not too off topic

September 12th, 2017, 8:05 pm #16

my girlfriends brother has been working on set of the Han Solo movie :D

September 13th, 2017, 5:19 pm #17

Lead singer of Milburn was a history teacher after going to uni when the band came to a end. He's quit now as they have a new album coming out. Think he's in reverend and the makers too so i guess he can get enough from that.

That explosion of 'indie' in mid 00's that has now been long dead means there must be loads of that era working normal jobs. It must be kinda depressing having lived the dream to go back to real life.

September 13th, 2017, 5:34 pm #18

Isn't the lead singer of The Rakes an accountant now? Sure I read that on here.

September 13th, 2017, 10:56 pm #19

"Wonder if HHH is still cutting peoples hair, to top up his earning from his band"

Well Mart, His band the Rhythm method just released a new music video... in which Joey is doing haircuts!

https://youtu.be/eJ3BBeMM68E

September 14th, 2017, 1:31 pm #20

haha! brilliant.

Nice to see he's keeping his hand in. Good to have a back up, as me dad always said.