Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Freak Book

February 8th, 2008, 10:36 am #11

Has anyone seen this episode? It has John Macenroe in it. It is a work of art, a work of art. Genius.
I think series 6 is just genius from start to finish. Leon was a brilliant addition. Though another series with the blacks might not be so good.

February 8th, 2008, 11:20 am #12

I've only started watching it properly this last season, it's fucking ace
---------

February 8th, 2008, 6:01 pm #13

Think 3 is best, he one where they buy he restaurant and the chef with tourettes

Surely there won't be another series? Larry David had to have his arm twisted to even make the 6th. 'The End' was intended to be the final episode, a bit like how 'The End' by the Beatles was their final song

Curb is brilliant, but do you think it's as good as Seinfeld though?

February 8th, 2008, 6:22 pm #14

Ive not seen a lot of Seinfeld, but the stuff i have seen is pretty good, i just really can't get into shows with a laughter track much, like telling you when to laugh ,or alerting you to a line or phrase which is the one you are supposed to find funny. I can't get on with it.

February 8th, 2008, 6:26 pm #15

seinfeld was a studio audience though. but i agree with you. live audiences are only marginally better than a laugh track. i'll decide what i find funny, thank you very much.

------------------------

www.myspace.com/kcamosy
------------------------

www.myspace.com/kcamosy

February 8th, 2008, 6:29 pm #16

Ive not seen a lot of Seinfeld, but the stuff i have seen is pretty good, i just really can't get into shows with a laughter track much, like telling you when to laugh ,or alerting you to a line or phrase which is the one you are supposed to find funny. I can't get on with it.
Good point, I watched all the Seinfeld back catalogue at uni about 8 years ago. It was pre-office, so taken for granted that comedy comes with a laughter track. When I watched Curb first, I thought it was a poor mans Seinfeld, but now I disagree. Seinfeld does have George and Kramer though, and Curb doesn't have a character that good. They both come across a little contrived though which is why I wouldn't put them up there with 'Nathan Barley' 'The Office' and 'Peep Show'

February 8th, 2008, 6:35 pm #17

i thought seinfield was laughter track

February 8th, 2008, 8:08 pm #18

its criminal how seinfeld got treated by terrestrial tv, its the funniest show ever, they should constantly show it on repeat like friends. I love how it takes the piss out of itself with the in-jokes and stuff

elaine: "you know gerry one of these days something really terrible is gonna happen to you"
gerry: "i dont think so......i think i`ll be just fine"

February 8th, 2008, 8:17 pm #19

As great as Curb is (and it is), it'll never top Seinfeld for me. It's tighter, better characters, more laughs. It's quite endearingly silly too. Love Curb still though

--------------------------------------------
"Look at that horse. The bushy tail, the big teeth, the hooves... okay, my producer Tara Cates just told me this isn't a horse, it's a butterfly. Actually... it may, in fact, be a moth."

February 8th, 2008, 8:19 pm #20

Why would Funkhouser knowingly serve us penis? What is wrong with him?