Latarnia
Latarnia

2:11 AM - Dec 07, 2016 #21

What I do know is that there is something wrong with BLACK SUNDAY and THE AWFUL DR. ORLOF, both Blu-Ray releases. The picture on both looks to eliminate white and provide a general washed out look in several scenes. Of course, I have screen captures, but I also have both and watched both as Blu-Rays.

Mirek

Koukol
Koukol

2:22 AM - Dec 07, 2016 #22

John Bernhard wrote:
Yup, some companies try too hard, and mess things up.
Then again, lots of transfers are screwy and require lots of extra work or they look bad.

There really should be no such tool as sharpening being used for 1080p. DVD 's back in the day, OK.
Here are some caps from the Raro Blu, click for full size.
I see a blanket of fine noise and some DNR on top. Source looks nice and colorful, just like SACRIFICE.
If they just left it alone ( color correct if needed ) it would be so much better.
Thanks, John.

jnfernal
jnfernal

4:36 AM - Jun 15, 2017 #23

so there is not italian audio track despite it is printed on the back cover?I just ordered it....

John Bernhard
John Bernhard

8:10 PM - Jun 15, 2017 #24

I don't think so, and what is there is not ear candy.

From the Blu ray review, which indicates English only.
The 2.0 DTS-HD MA sound mix is perhaps the quietest track I've ever encountered, necessitating a major boost of volume just to make the listening event palatable. And once a comfortable level is found, major hiss is present, along with periodic popping. Dialogue exchanges are dubbed, preserving broad performances, and they lack crispness, making for muddier lows. Scoring also suffers from a lack of precision, with only the loudest swings of dramatic accompaniment making its intended impression. Sound effects are dulled, without flavor. A few brief audio hiccups are detected, identifying missing frames.
https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

KRJoye
KRJoye

2:55 PM - Aug 23, 2017 #25

mbb10429 wrote: I bought the SHE BEAST BD.  It is a gorgeous print. 

Mark
Agree was on the fence with this one and popped for the Raro Blu-ray when I found a good deal. This `Gorgeous print' gave Miss Steele her due along with the extras made this a very satisfying purchase to add to my collection. The movie is kind of slow moving but worth the wait. Lets face it this was not big budget flic so don't have a problem overlooking production flaws. Now i'm curious about Raros `Revenge'.... 

Latarnia
Latarnia

3:23 PM - Aug 23, 2017 #26

I've never been a "fan" of this movie, but I am willing to possibly give it another try. I like Steele, though.

Mirek