Severin excretes Amicus Blu's

The British have arrived! Amicus, Tigon, Pete Walker, Norman Warren, and all bloody-good films from England, excepting Hammer, which has a folder of its own.
Cushing
Cushing

February 12th, 2018, 9:36 pm #11

Amazon has the Amicus set available while sold out elsewhere. I don't own any of the titles on DVD, so I bit the bullet even though seeing the reviews and what not. I like SCREAMING and feel neutral about BEAST (I have the Prism VHS), and I've never seen Asylum. I guess the quality of BEAST is why it is only in the set instead of a standalone release?
Cushing

Cushing
Cushing

March 12th, 2018, 8:39 pm #12

I watched two titles this past weekend, Asylum (for my first time) and The Beast Must Die (which I have seen before). I started Asylum Friday evening and was getting through the first story when my 9 year old son became scared. So, switched off and watched it the next morning. I thought the transfer was decent enough. I then the the spin on Beast Must Die. Whatever they used for the source is really soft with some kind of digital video noise on the left of the frame. I saw it on Mondo Digital's screen captures, but thought it was how the pics uploaded. Nope, it's there in movement.

My 9 year old wasn't freaked out by this one and he tried to guess who the werewolf was while watching. Maybe this coming weekend I'll get to play And Now the Screaming Starts. I recall liking the movie when I saw it previously.
Cushing

Latarnia
Latarnia

March 13th, 2018, 12:25 am #13

From memory, Amicus is hit or miss, and generally miss. But lately I saw part of an Amicus film (I have to get the Blu-Ray) back to see the rest, and I enjoyed what I saw.

Mirek