Seeking graphic material for VAMPIROS AND MONSTRUOS

South-of-the-border thrills and chills.

Seeking graphic material for VAMPIROS AND MONSTRUOS

Latarnia
Latarnia

May 7th, 2015, 4:09 am #1

I'm trying to finalize VAMPIROS AND MONSTRUOS: THE MEXICAN HORROR FILM OF THE 20TH CENTURY for a fall Halloween release. Right now I'm filling in the graphic content, and though I have a lot, I still need interesting and good-quality stills (no poster artwork) for certain films:
MAN AND THE MONSTER (EL HOMBRE Y EL MONSTRUO)THE BRANIAC (EL BARON DEL TERROR)WORLD OF THE VAMPIRES (EL MUNDO DE LOS VAMPIROS)THE LIVING HEAD (LA CABEZA VIVIENTE)BLACK PIT OF DR. M (MISTERIOS DE ULTRATUMBA)CURSE OF THE DOLL PEOPLE (MUNECOS INFERNALES)BLOODY VAMPIRE (EL VAMPIRO SANGRIENTO)INVASION OF THE VAMPIRES (LA INVASION DE LOS VAMPIROS)CREATURE OF THE WALKING DEAD (LA MARCA DEL MUERTO)
I also need stills, and even nice resolution poster photos, of Mexican horror films from the 1930s, 40s, and early 50s, pre-EL VAMPIRO. (I have several for LADRON DE CADAVERES, but may be interested in more.)
Contributors will get credit in a special "Photo Credit" section, and if you have more than a couple of interesting items I can use, a copy of the book when it's published. Of course, if you have special information about Mexican horror films from the "golden age" era, such as rare interviews with the filmmakers, etc, that would be helpful, too. I'm trying to make this book very comprehensive, which is why it will also be followed by a second volume dealing with films made primarily after 1962.
You can message me via Yuku or send an email to: mirelski@aol.com
Thank you!
Mirek

evilskippy
evilskippy

September 11th, 2015, 12:28 am #2

How is this coming along?
"Excuse me while I whip this out".

Latarnia
Latarnia

September 11th, 2015, 7:04 pm #3

Slowly at this point as I have job obligations that must currently be met. But it's getting there!

Mirek

bakeneko
bakeneko

September 12th, 2015, 1:17 pm #4

Looking for the publication of your Mexican horror movie book.

Latarnia
Latarnia

September 13th, 2015, 4:53 pm #5

So am I!

Mirek

MYST0
MYST0

September 7th, 2016, 8:00 am #6

Anything new?

Latarnia
Latarnia

September 7th, 2016, 7:41 pm #7

I have it done--mostly.... Still looking for a couple of films. Should be out by the end of this year for sure. That is: volume 1.

Mirek

MYST0
MYST0

March 4th, 2018, 12:02 pm #8

Has this been shut down?  I would have dearly wanted to have this now as I am re-watching all these in the Murray dubs instead of the original Spanish with subs.  These films get better each time I see them.

MYST0
MYST0

March 4th, 2018, 12:05 pm #9

Has this been abandoned to work on the Naschy book?  I am also in for that one as well.  

Latarnia
Latarnia

March 4th, 2018, 9:36 pm #10

I have to get that volume one of the Naschy book out, but I've not forgotten the Mexican horror book.

Mirek