Films I would have liked to have seen get made

Discuss the films and career of Spain's legendary horror man.
Latarnia
Latarnia

July 10th, 2017, 9:35 pm #31

Bava went to Spain for that HATCHET movie, but I don't see him doing a Naschy film....

Mirek

Ron Burton
Ron Burton

July 10th, 2017, 11:18 pm #32

A Naschy/Bava collaboration would have been interesting. Originally, Enrique L. Eguiluz was to have directed THE FURY OF THE WOLFMAN but was discharged and replaced with Jose Maria Zabalza, to the film's detriment. I feel like I'm handling an explosive with my next thought, but I wonder how would Naschy have reacted if Eguiluz's replacement had been.....Jess Franco.

Latarnia
Latarnia

July 10th, 2017, 11:55 pm #33

At the time, and if Jess took the film seriously....

Mirek

Ron Burton
Ron Burton

March 3rd, 2018, 5:48 am #34

Ron Burton wrote: I've thought of some more lovely and talented actresses who I wish had worked with Paul Naschy including Alexandra Delli Colli, Olga Karlatos, Auretta Gay, Antonella Interlenghi, Carmen Russo, Francoise Blanchard, Ombretta Colli, Maribel Hidalgo, Silvia Dionisio, Sonia Viviani, and Barbara Rey. I don't know if Senta Berger or Gloria Guida ever worked on genre films but they would also been welcome presences in the Naschy world of subterranean catacombs, imposing castles, ruins, etc.
Add to that list the lovely Cinzia Monreale. A brickbat to me for overlooking that beautiful and talented lady!

robnov
robnov

March 4th, 2018, 9:49 pm #35

Latarnia wrote: At the time, and if Jess took the film seriously....

Mirek
'I think Jesus Franco has been a cancer upon the Spanish cinema.' --- Paul Naschy Videooze interview 1994.

I think we can forget these two ever teaming up. Naschy was detail oriented and methodical in his approach to cinema. His style doesn't gel with Franco's jazzman techniques.