BLOOD & BLACK LACE definitive edition we hope

John Bernhard
John Bernhard

7:36 PM - Jan 14, 2015 #1

This certainly looks like a winner.  Source from the negative :)Steelbook & standard cover art.....they might make me buy my first steelbook, never thought that could happen.

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:- New 2K restoration of the film from the original camera negative- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations- Optional Italian and English soundtracks presented in original uncompressed mono PCM audio- Newly translated subtitles for the Italian audio- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English audio- Brand new audio commentary by Mario Bava’s biographer Tim Lucas- Psycho Analysis – a new documentary on Blood and Black Lace and the origins of the giallo genre featuring interviews with directors Dario Argento (Suspiria) and Lamberto Bava (Demons), screenwriter Ernesto Gastaldi (All the Colors of the Dark) critics Roberto Curti and Steve Della Casa, crime novelist Carlo Lucarelli and others- An appreciation by Hélène Cattet & Bruno Forzani, the creative duo behind Amer and The Strange Color of Your Body’s Tears- Yellow – the much-acclaimed neo-giallo by Ryan Hansom & Jon Britt- Gender and Giallo – a visual essay by Michael Mackenzie exploring the giallo’s relationship with the social upheavals of the 1960s and 70s- Panel discussion on Mario Bava featuring Dario Argento, Lamberto Bava and Steve Della Casa, recorded at the 2014 Courmayeur Film Festival- devoted to the star of Blood and Black Lace and presented in full- The alternative US opening titles, sourced from Joe Dante’s private print and scanned in 2K especially for this release- Original theatrical trailer, with optional English and Italian audio- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphreys- Booklet featuring new writing on the film by Howard Hughes, author of Cinema Italiano and Mario Bava: Destination Terror, and an interview with Joe Dante, David Del Valle on Cameron Mitchell and more, all illustrated with archive stills and posters
https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Koukol
Koukol

8:06 PM - Jan 14, 2015 #2

Woohoo!

evilskippy
evilskippy

9:18 PM - Jan 14, 2015 #3

I'm going to have to change my pants.
"Excuse me while I whip this out".

bdc
bdc

9:47 PM - Jan 14, 2015 #4

Lol great news! 

Koukol
Koukol

1:43 AM - Jan 17, 2015 #5

Does anyone know if the North American release will be EXACTLY the same Steelbook wise?Will they come out the same time too?

John Bernhard
John Bernhard

4:07 AM - Jan 17, 2015 #6

The plan is to release at the same time, so hopefully they can make this happen.  
from their Indigogo page 
Will your releases also be released in the UK still?
We will make every attempt to ensure all our new releases appear at the same time in North America as they do in the UK. We still have many titles acquired for the UK only so this will become more standardized as time passes.

As far as content goes, their page sez this -
....any future release intended for both North America and the UK will be exactly the same and coded Region A and B or region free where possible.

Koukol
Koukol

4:58 AM - Jan 17, 2015 #7

Thanks, John.I gotta get my order in early

HombreLobo44
HombreLobo44

8:50 AM - Jan 17, 2015 #8

Looks great! I love this flick. What is the deal with these steel boxes though. Been seeing them at Wal-Fart. I don't get it other than for protection of the disc?
    CEO of The Azucena Hernandez Appreciation Society of America.

John Bernhard
John Bernhard

3:40 PM - Jan 17, 2015 #9

It's a butt tickler for those with with a nasty case Collective Obessitvous. In short, you pay more $ to get the same disc in an oversize metal box that won;t fit on your DVD/ BD shelf.

I do own one myself though, AB's THE BEYOND, that I got at Best Buy years & years ago after it sold poorly and they discounted it. The Arrow ones for the first two Corman / Poe ones did look beautiful though, had me thinking twice.

I have to think the releasing companies love it, for little additional investment they yield more profit per release with minimal output.

Howling Beast
Howling Beast

4:22 PM - Jan 17, 2015 #10

Back when I still cared about having physical media, I used to always purchase those collector tins. I had all the AB ones: The Beyond, Evil Dead, Living Dead At The Manchester Morgue, etc. Now they just sit in a storage tub in my basement.