Sweet Dry Land

Andrej Delov
Commoner
Commoner

May 27th, 2017, 12:55 am #1

Andrej threw his bag over his shoulder and came barreling down the gangplank to the dock, where he stopped and pulled in a breath that smelled of sweet fish and salty air. I think from now on I'll leave the seas for the merchants, fishermen, and pirates.

He walked slowly through the market, taking in the culture he hadn't been a part of in almost two years. He didn't realize how much he missed it until that very moment. He saw a nice looking tavern. that had an inn attached to it.

I need to get back to Mazhina to give Serganov the package... but a good meal and one night's sleep isn't going to hurt. So Andrej entered the tavern, where the sign outside proclaimed it as the Rusty Fishhook. There weren't many patrons, just one man at the bar and a group of five men playing cards at the table at the far end of the room, near a fireplace.

"What can I get you, lovey?" A large, big-boned bar wench came out from behind the bar. She offered Andrej a big smile that was so contagious he couldn't help but smile back.

"I'd like your finest ale and some mutton and bread, if you please."

"Certainly, I'll have that right out." As she turned to go back into the kitchen Andrej couldn't help but notice her considerable backside, and how she managed to maneuver through the small space between the bar without knocking anything over.

She brought the food out in a matter of minutes. "Here you go sweetie, if you need anything else just holler."

Andrej didn't realize how hungry he was until he took his first bite of the mutton. He had the whole thing and used the bread to soak up the juices, all the while chugging his ale. He downed all the food in less than five minutes. "Excuse me, miss?"

The bar wench came out, "Yes?"

"How much do I owe you for the food, and how much for a room for the night?"

"That'll be three gold pieces even."

Andrej paid the wench, and she promptly gave him a key to his room."Good night," she said.

Andrej went up to his room, tossed his bag on the floor, and didn't even bother undressing. He was asleep before his head even hit the pillow.