Moderator: Tactical Logistics

A Good Right Hook

August 26th, 2014, 8:19 pm #1

A hastily written request has appeared at the guild branch in Velkyn, detailing a plight not all that uncommon in the rather seedy town...
[+] Spoiler
I know a man shouldn't be asking others to fight his battles, but a knife to the shoulder has a way of putting you out of commission for a while. I know what you're thinking, the crime in this pisshole of a town is always like this, why bother getting into a fight over some old geezer right? Well it's different this time. Different in that, this old geezer is willing to pay good money to have this threat taken away from his family. Also different because he's asking you to deliver more than a good right hook to the faces of a few scummy blokes-- He wants them run through in the streets for everyone to see.

There's a gang been around recently, but not the sneaky type. They parade around some of the less-known but still used roadways, waiting under archways and inbetween the alleys to shake folks down for cash and belongings. Say it's a fee for 'protection', that they're taking a toll for keepin' those parts of the town 'safe' from the thieves and cutthroats lurking in the rest of the place. Using robbery for an excuse to rob people, by damnit, can you believe that? To their credit they'd never hurt anyone till the day I stood up to them, told them to stop harassin the good folk passing through. Told em if they really wanted to help they should go take the fight to the rogues, work with the city watch and all that. As you can imagine, it ended in a scuffle in which I got stabbed up pretty good, but not before I sent one of 'em to hell and left another with half his face on the ground. Problem is, now they want me dead, and not just me but my family.

We don't have much, but we're up to payin' a hundred gold bits if ya can prove they're all dead as doornails. I've given my information to the Guild folk at the counter, bring this paper to 'em if you want the job.

With Regards,
~Old Harold Burr, Blacksmith

Job Availability: Any Rank.
Posted Location: Velkyn Branch
Accessible to Non-Members: Yes
Response Team Size: 1-4
Payment Rendered: 100 gold bits, paid upon completion
PP Gained: 120

Guild Recommendations:
[+] Spoiler
-- Medium to heavy armour
-- Melee combat capabilities
-- Skills in intimidation or stealth
-- Healing abilities/items

"Few battles are won in a single round."

Slots Filled:
-- Máel-Mórda
-- Jarin Tardoc
-- Fatalis, Son of Ohiura
--
Last edited by Tactical Logistics on May 22nd, 2016, 3:49 am, edited 4 times in total.

Nobody
Adventurer
Adventurer

August 27th, 2014, 12:58 am #2

I would like to take this job with Nobody
Last edited by Nobody on August 27th, 2014, 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nobody's Inventory
[+] Spoiler
Spiked Knuckles W/ Hook Attachments
Fighter Strength
Fighter Speed
Throwing Knives
Declaration of Freedom
Wearing this decorative medallion grants a handy ability: If one ever finds themselves ensnared or pinned by another, loudly declaring that you are free will allow you to slip whatever bond or hold is restraining you. Cannot be activated if you cannot speak.
Frost Claymore
Big brother to the Cold Dagger, this frigid two-hander will leave your opponent's blood running cold!

Snowberries
These sweet red berries will leave your belly full for an entire day!
Rusted Lantern
If you're ever lost in the dark, this handy little item will surely light your way! It may not be in the best condition, or the prettiest, but it will suffice to keep you from tripping over your own feet in the darkness.
Easter Bunny
A cute little brown bunny for all your warm and cuddly needs! It seems to have a funny smell in its fur ... almost like ... chocolate?
The Fireheart
This ochre-coloured leather chest piece is perfect for the passionate individual. Once your ardor is stirred, you gain the temporary ability to call forth a ring of fire to surround you; the strength and height of the flames is directly tied to the pitch of your emotion.
Ring of Flame + Leather Chest
Custom
Deflect Arrow
Slimen Tentacle Trait

Mimic- Allows the caster to copy the last spell they saw, be it an ally's or an opponent's, even if they do not possess it themselves. Can not be used to copy usergroup-specific magic - follower, guardian, deity and elder spells - unless the caster is in said user-group.

Teleport

Greater Polymorph Self
Polymorph Other

Krushing Fist

Undying Horror
Channel the Heart
Allows the caster to summon forth a burst of elemental energy from deep within. The type of energy expelled depends upon the caster's innate element(s) or elemental alignment. Effects are as follows: Fire = Fireball || Earth = Crush || Water = Ice Breath or Hydrocannon || Air = Shocking Grasp or Gale || Light = Ring of Light || Dark = Shadow Spew || Non-elemental = Prismatic Ray

August 27th, 2014, 1:12 am #3

Slot granted to nobody, and opening post created. Hosted in the city of Velkyn, due to the sub-forum for the Velkyn Branch having not been created yet. Topic will be migrated at a later date. (Cheater link Here~!)

At the request of the job initiator, the additional slots have been closed.

Good luck~

May 22nd, 2016, 1:40 am #4

Guild Notice:
Quest timed out on the grounds of inactivity and the assigned member's non-presence upon the site.

Job status has been logged, and will now be re-opened for assignment. The party taking the job will proceed immediately from the last DM post in the activated sequence as though they themselves had interacted with the Client.
Last edited by Tactical Logistics on May 22nd, 2016, 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aedaen
Hero
Hero

May 22nd, 2016, 1:48 am #5

Gog will join to be muscle, since Blackrock isn't very sneaky

'Si vis pacem. Para Bellum.'
"If you want peace. Prepare for war."

Character Link ___ Inventory ___ Character List ___ Journal

Current Topics
Drink and be Merry [Thirne]
No One Said It Was Ever Easy [Svanstra]
Come for the Knowledge, Stay for the Fun! [Mitsuko & Xue Ren]
Dead Topics
[+] Spoiler
The Battle of the Fields of Cithaelian; Battle 1: GO!
The Traveling Holy Man
Between a hot rock and Destiny
When luck is bought and cheated.
Lifting the Curse
Bear and Fishing. The simple life.
Tactics [Winter Campaign: Arn, Rorque, Kazar]
Lessons of War [Rorque]

Mysterious Candy Cane
[+] Spoiler

Extra Minty! Candy Cane
Having trouble staying awake? Just carrying this minty fresh candy cane sure helps you awaken quicker. If you somehow manage to eat it while snoozing, the peppermint crispness will wake you up instantly!
(Reversed) Sleep Spell = $100 Sellback

Minty Stocking
[+] Spoiler

Merry Rings:
These shimmering rings of precious metals and stone protect one from the elements when worn. Plenty of people like wearing both at the same time, in order to keep feeling the perfect temperature.
Infernal Armour + Frigid Armour

Máel-Mórda
Commoner
Commoner

May 22nd, 2016, 2:29 am #6

I WANT DIS
beep

- Bastion
- Fighter Speed
- Rapid Reload
- Keen Eye
[+] Spoiler
- Elven Bow
- Piercing Arrows
- Longsword
- Studded Chest
- Studded Arms
- Studded Gauntlets
- Studded Leggings
- Studded Boots
- Hunter's Dagger
- Styptic
- Hidden Dagger

Fatalis
Explorer
Explorer

May 22nd, 2016, 3:15 am #7

..... -raises hand-
...Light, or Dark... Good, or Evil... Befriended, or Alone...
...It makes no difference to me...
| -For I know only the Hunt- |
- Throwing Knives

May 22nd, 2016, 3:48 am #8

Logged and assigned. One slot remaining open.