Who was?

Who was?

June 19th, 2012, 3:47 am #1

The kenpo guy on America's got talent? He looked like a Palonzo video.

Anyone know? He didn't get enough time to hear where he was from.

CT

but that's just my opinion I could be wrong.
Dennis Miller

June 19th, 2012, 1:54 pm #2

...he mentioned at the beginning that he did White Tiger Kenpo or something like that. I agree with your observation, however.

June 19th, 2012, 2:02 pm #3

They edited the crap out of the spot. It would interesting to find the complete footage somewhere and see if there was some good stuff . TV is going to go for whatever looks flashy and they don't know anything about what's good. I was really turned off when the comment from the dude was that he was going to hit his uke 20 times in a second. Even Sharon Osborn is going to wonder why you have to hit someone 20 times.

Anyway still good to see a kenpo patch on tv.

CT

Dennis Miller

June 19th, 2012, 2:08 pm #4

Yea, I wish they would have showed it all. I agree about the flashyness as well. Also, it's funny you mention his comment at the beginning. When he said that, I couldn't believe it. 20 times in 1 second? Yea, okay. He may have gotten 3 or 4 and of course they were love taps, which they obviously have to be for a demo like that.

June 19th, 2012, 2:15 pm #5

Striking with energy to disable is one thing, flicking someone in the eye, or spear strike in throat is another.
20 times in a second LOL...

Regards,
Gary

June 20th, 2012, 10:14 pm #6

The kenpo guy on America's got talent? He looked like a Palonzo video.

Anyone know? He didn't get enough time to hear where he was from.

CT

Dennis Miller
it was terrible.

He looked like a joke, and you could see the impression he left, when Sharon and Howie started slapping at each other after the demo.

Anyone who trains for real laughed at that BS. Or felt a small amount of embarrassment, for the art we profess was made a mockery.

Yes it was for demo purposes, but Howard Stern was right by his comment.

I guess everyones idea of what is effective is different. this guy was effective...In delivering the idea that kenpo is for slaps and giggles

I do albino rhino twice snake bitten kenpo. are you ready for this... watch as my opponent attacks half hearted and I dazzle you with powerless movements from the shoulders.

man....