October 9th, 2010, 3:29 am #11

I was not trying to hurt your feelings only to say that you consider some things like reading and dvds etc as training, according to what you said to Chad. So if that is how you train and it works for you, thats fine. I have seen people who like to read at the gym, it is not unheard of. I hope you enjoy your martial arts training, which book will you be reading for todays training?

Also you lost the bet lol
If that is what you mean HaHa...

Funny sure, since I don't believe you either...
No hurt feeling here can't be done amigo...
Now Chad is your friend, and the two can bully...

Gary

October 9th, 2010, 9:32 am #12

Actualizing the American Kenpo System

I have reposted some of my deleted posts with some minor adjustments as I wanted to set the mood for the following question.

How do you go about Actualizing the American Kenpo System?

How do you take what your learning in the curriculum of self-defense techniques, forms, sets and concepts and principles contained within the system and make them work for you?

I have already given you my opinion in those previous posts as to what I feel the answer is. In my opinion the system is actualized in the very process of learning it. I believe that the hardest part is understanding why the process works as it requires that each of the curriculum parts actually be walked through and understood by the student from that perspective, otherwise it becomes a guessing game.
Semi! You read my posts, tell me to Kill myself then later on you post about concepts and problems I wrote in the posts you labeled as "garbage"? Surely man you are a piece of work. ANYWAY> Since this is a Universal Kenpo forum, and not an American Kenpo forum, I guess I don't have to obey your wishes. And I hope you say something smart so I can make it my duty to analyze every one of your posts and further expose your serious copy right infringements. I WON'T GO AWAY. And since you ignored my earlier challenge, I guess I do have a right to continue to read and comment on this forum,, HUH??

American Kenpo can not be actualized. It has too many problems which we all have heard over and over again.
The most obvious way to see the main problem is to watch the the person whom the American Kenpo techniques are being performed on. In 99% of the cases he just drops his hands to his side. Where did this action come from?
Being the founder of such a great unknown Art GM Parker did many demonstrations. We must remember that this was during the time when video was just being introduced. GM Parker watched a lot of video and got a lot of tips from his movie star clients on how to perform for a crowd. It is easy to see the dynamics in the AK movements. They are flashy and as a Shotokan Blackbelt in Africa once told me, "Kenpo is Flowery". Looking at the size of the many crowds GM Parker had to perform for and try to entertain, it is easy to see how American Kenpo techniques end up more show than real go. Yes they look good but when you try to actualize them in real time allowing the opponent to just take one step back, the real problems are too obvious to ignore.
GM Parker must have had a lot of pressure on him. At any one time Ed Parker could have been bigger than Kenpo. I mean how many of us know what it feels like to have 300 to 400 people (who have paid money) waiting to see you perform. Not to mention all the hype and build up coming from your students and Blackbelts. The techniques had to look good first, and effectiveness could have easily become a secondary issue. After all who was there to question his Art with the same authority???????????

www.kkfkenpo.110mb.com
www.africansportkarate.110mb.com
kkfkenpo@yahoo.com

October 9th, 2010, 9:43 am #13

This is what EPS did borrowed and attempted to make it look like it was his own...It worked for those who had not looked around or were bound by a code of sorts...

Not going to work for those who read a lot or been around the world...
One of the reasons the Tracy's and he split in early 60's...Others of course and it is all debatable...
For example, they contend he left them, not the other way around...
Same thing about James Wing Woo...He was left stone cold and alone...
He prospered also still around like the Tracy org...That is a real interesting story...

So...

Do you think we fell off the turnip truck??? Those who are not brainwashed that is...

http://www.usingenglish.com/reference/i ... truck.html

LOL
Yes, I see your point Gary. Actualizing which Kenpo? Bruce Lee managed to pull Danny Innoconto (misspelled) from Parker by explaining weaknesses which could not be disputed. The Tracy Brothers, must have also felt something was missing. They have used a lot of web space talking about this, and are responsible for helping many Kenpo Instructors to go and independent rather than stay under GM Parker's system.

www.kkfkenpo.110mb.com
kkfkenpo@yahoo.com

October 9th, 2010, 9:55 am #14

Gary says:
This is what EPS did borrowed and attempted to make it look like it was his own...It worked for those who had not looked around or were bound by a code of sorts...

Chad says:
What does this statement have to do with actualizing Kenpo? Are you capable of learning the definition of a straw man argument? Does it make you feel better to criticize EPS even though you did not know him or speak with him? Why does criticizing someone you don't know make you feel better?

Gary says:
Not going to work for those who read a lot or been around the world...
One of the reasons the Tracy's and he split in early 60's...Others of course and it is all debatable...

Chad says:
Are you representing the Tracy organization? Who appointed you to disrespect EPS? Do you think bitterness represents yourself and the organization you are speaking for in a positive light?

Gary says:
For example, they contend he left them, not the other way around...Same thing about James Wing Woo...He was left stone cold and alone...He prospered also still around like the Tracy org...That is a real interesting story...

Chad says:
That is not an example. You were not there, it is gossip. So who appointed you to be the jezebel whose only object is to divide the Kenpo community? It is called poisoning the well. How are you able to do such a thing when you have never trained in American Kenpo? You have admitted to the fact you have never trained under a master instructor, a professor or head instructor. Does it make you feel like more of a man to disrespect someone who is not able to defend themselves?

Gary says:
So...Do you think we fell off the turnip truck??? Those who are not brainwashed that is...

Chad says:
No I think you ate a bag of lemons and are sour and bitter. The exact opposite of what a modern day martial artist should be. Why are you such a nasty man that continues to pick on dead people? Is that the kind of people you represent?

Have a nice day
W
http://www.kenpoguy.com/
Amen Says: Since when does criticizing certain points amount to disrespect? Criticizing is very healthy to an Art. What makes you think that GM Parker didn't ask for opinions when he was making up techniques?? Do you think he just sat in a chair and came up with over 100 techniques?? No he had to have a partner on whom he tested and retested movements. He had to ask that partner what he thought of a particular move, trap, strike, lock, or takedown. I know because I made a technique without using a partner and mistakes were made. So I learned that one has to except critizism and even demand it when formulating techniques. So I ask my partner what he thinks of a technique I made up, and he says "I don't think it will work". Do you mean I am so small minded that I have to believe he is disrespecting me because he gave an honest opinion?? Do you think Maybe I should replace him with someone who will not disagree with WHATEVER I say??

www.kkfkenpo.110mb.com
kkfkenpo@yahoo.com

October 9th, 2010, 1:26 pm #15

Semi! You read my posts, tell me to Kill myself then later on you post about concepts and problems I wrote in the posts you labeled as "garbage"? Surely man you are a piece of work. ANYWAY> Since this is a Universal Kenpo forum, and not an American Kenpo forum, I guess I don't have to obey your wishes. And I hope you say something smart so I can make it my duty to analyze every one of your posts and further expose your serious copy right infringements. I WON'T GO AWAY. And since you ignored my earlier challenge, I guess I do have a right to continue to read and comment on this forum,, HUH??

American Kenpo can not be actualized. It has too many problems which we all have heard over and over again.
The most obvious way to see the main problem is to watch the the person whom the American Kenpo techniques are being performed on. In 99% of the cases he just drops his hands to his side. Where did this action come from?
Being the founder of such a great unknown Art GM Parker did many demonstrations. We must remember that this was during the time when video was just being introduced. GM Parker watched a lot of video and got a lot of tips from his movie star clients on how to perform for a crowd. It is easy to see the dynamics in the AK movements. They are flashy and as a Shotokan Blackbelt in Africa once told me, "Kenpo is Flowery". Looking at the size of the many crowds GM Parker had to perform for and try to entertain, it is easy to see how American Kenpo techniques end up more show than real go. Yes they look good but when you try to actualize them in real time allowing the opponent to just take one step back, the real problems are too obvious to ignore.
GM Parker must have had a lot of pressure on him. At any one time Ed Parker could have been bigger than Kenpo. I mean how many of us know what it feels like to have 300 to 400 people (who have paid money) waiting to see you perform. Not to mention all the hype and build up coming from your students and Blackbelts. The techniques had to look good first, and effectiveness could have easily become a secondary issue. After all who was there to question his Art with the same authority???????????

www.kkfkenpo.110mb.com
kkfkenpo@yahoo.com
That last post sort of made sense. Your right keep posting on Kenponet, dont kill yourself.

October 9th, 2010, 1:32 pm #16

How is it that it works just fine for so many American Kenpoist including myself? I guess we are all doing it wrong which is some how making it work just fine lol!

October 9th, 2010, 4:08 pm #17

Amen Says: Since when does criticizing certain points amount to disrespect? Criticizing is very healthy to an Art. What makes you think that GM Parker didn't ask for opinions when he was making up techniques?? Do you think he just sat in a chair and came up with over 100 techniques?? No he had to have a partner on whom he tested and retested movements. He had to ask that partner what he thought of a particular move, trap, strike, lock, or takedown. I know because I made a technique without using a partner and mistakes were made. So I learned that one has to except critizism and even demand it when formulating techniques. So I ask my partner what he thinks of a technique I made up, and he says "I don't think it will work". Do you mean I am so small minded that I have to believe he is disrespecting me because he gave an honest opinion?? Do you think Maybe I should replace him with someone who will not disagree with WHATEVER I say??

www.kkfkenpo.110mb.com
kkfkenpo@yahoo.com
Constructive criticism is fine. Ad hominem attacks on people that have passed speak volumes about the kind of person you are.

You being there has nothing to do with anything. You don't do AK, therefore you don't know how it works because you don't believe in science. This fallacy is called a circumstantial ad hominem.

Have a nice day
W

October 9th, 2010, 6:29 pm #18

Chad says:Constructive criticism is fine. Ad hominem attacks on people that have passed speak volumes about the kind of person you are.

Amen says: I think you are claiming these so called hominem attacks on dead people justifies your rudness.

Chad says: You being there has nothing to do with anything.
Amen Says: You claimed "being there" had everything to do with Gary's previous post about AK. Now it means nothing that I was there? huh...

Chad said: You don't do AK, therefore you don't know how it works because you don't believe in science.
Amen Says: I made it my business to know it, and at one time knew many of it's techniques. My Instructor of 10 years was a Parker Blackbelt and use many of the same Parker Techniques in the early days. I sat in on many Parker and Trejo classes at the Pasadena school for years up until it burned down. I bought every Parker book published and analyzed them til the covers fell off. Yes I did have all 5 of the Insights.

Chad will say: This crow doesn't taste that bad...

www.kkfkenpo.110mb.com
kkfkenpo@yahoo.com

October 9th, 2010, 6:37 pm #19

Have you learned how to do an upward block yet or were you just stretching? Where were you Amen? You don't believe in science and you have no connection to American Kenpo. Those are your words. Here is a book you should read, I promise it has no science in it to get you all confused and stuff.

[/IMG]

Have a nice day
W
Last edited by ChadWarner on October 9th, 2010, 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

October 9th, 2010, 7:04 pm #20

www.kkfkenpo.110mb.com
kkfkenpo@yahoo.com
Tell me Amen, does the "Mantis Kenpo" system that you teach have any inherent problems that should be fixed, or is it a perfect system without flaw and without weakness? Did Jeet Kune Do have any problems, Wait that's right Bruce Lee himself said that it is a way of thinking, not a system. So what are some of the problems with your system Amen, and why would you have built or put together such an imperfect system of Martial arts if that is the case?

Good Journey,
Todd Durgan