UBBT

UBBT

October 31st, 2008, 5:42 am #1

Is there more to Black Belt Tests than techniques and katas? www.ayama4.webs.com

And a new school in Folsom at www.folsomdojo.com

October 31st, 2008, 11:14 am #2

In our association, and I'm sure the others are similar but might have their own requirments, Black Belt candidates, along with techniques and Forms, as with all other Belt tests really must show profeciency in all the basics to include among others; striking,blocking,kicking,stances,foot manouvers etc. We also ask the training sets. Sparring plays a big part in every test too. Also a testee may be asked questions on anything from the testing panel at any stage during the test or be asked to demonstrate something specific. They must also have formulated their own form and submit a written thesis on a Martial Arts subject that is relevent to them.
I know other Teachers require other things like a certain amount of time on the mat teaching and The Sigung requires that you complete a basic course in human anatomy.I've left a lot out too btw but I'm sure you get the picture. I'm guessing others to follow will add more.
Regards
Darren Mahony
EKKA Ireland

October 31st, 2008, 3:22 pm #3

"a testee"

I don't think we call them that over here....LOL!!!

Darin

October 31st, 2008, 7:07 pm #4

And if there are more than one testing we call them Testes. (some prefer testicles).

October 31st, 2008, 7:45 pm #5

Is there more to Black Belt Tests than techniques and katas? www.ayama4.webs.com

And a new school in Folsom at www.folsomdojo.com
Ours is techniques, forms, sets, basics, random questions throughout the whole test, and freestlye technique lines.

We are also required to have 200 hours of teaching, a written thesis, and a personal form as well.

David Strobel
Minnesota Kenpo Karate Studio

October 31st, 2008, 9:56 pm #6

besides techs and katas various questions. after you last brown belt test u have to have a min. of eight months of on the mat time not only working on your stuff but help teaching to. and sparrin lots of sparring

November 1st, 2008, 10:38 am #7

And if there are more than one testing we call them Testes. (some prefer testicles).
Doggoneitman. In the Kenpo vernacular, they are peaches. Get it right.

Take it out on the heavy bag,

Chuck Peterson
peterson_charlie@hotmail.com

November 1st, 2008, 11:19 pm #8

My mistake, lol. Yes, I should of known better...

November 2nd, 2008, 1:42 am #9

I couldn't resist. I teach middle school kids. It's peaches. There's no easy way to describe that target.

Take it out on the heavy bag,

Chuck Peterson
peterson_charlie@hotmail.com

November 2nd, 2008, 9:34 am #10

"a testee"

I don't think we call them that over here....LOL!!!

Darin
I was hoping I wouldn't get picked up for that one. My spelling is lousy so I opted for that word instead of something alse but I guess it back fired on me LOL!!!!