This just in...

This just in...

March 9th, 2011, 7:36 pm #1

I must have read the scale wrong last week. Today I am 252 pounds. I think I read 266 when I actually saw 256. I am three pounds UNDER my goal weight.

Hmmm, it seems that I need to start working the cardio now.

As Mr. White is fond of stating, "To be a champion, you need to train like champion."

Am I in the executive division yet? LOL

Clark
WE ARE BORG...............................THINNER THAN BEFORE AND READY TO ROAR

March 10th, 2011, 2:17 pm #2

your hard work is really paying off.

you ever do any tabata training?

March 10th, 2011, 4:24 pm #3

is my downfall for cardio.

No deep knee bends, forget about it.
No Jump Jacks.
No Jump Rope.
No squats.
No running.

I pounded the standing bag last night with foot maneuver kicks and strikes and I can at least get through that without the pain that I used to have.

I use two twenty pound dumbbells an d two 10 pound dumbbells,

bench press with 20 pounders @ 70 reps, my legs up and crossed,
flys with 10 pounders @80 reps, my legs up and crossed
(makes me tighten my abs through the entire exercise and keeps my back flat.

seated curls with 20 pounders @ 25 reps twice

In between each set I do leg lifts off of my bench where my feet go lower than my butt.

When I walk i walk for at least 75 minutes. Then I ice down my knee.

Thanks Chuck
Clark

March 10th, 2011, 6:30 pm #4

We all have to sit on a chair and go to the toilet...If you used a chair that is about same height as knees bent around parallel (not more) would that bother you???

If not do those in sets of 10 during the day, might help the thighs and those muscles are big, and help maintain weight...

Have you had a hormone panel done of late? Including T total and free, D also, (it is a hormone)...Very important at the age you are reaching now...

I take D3 now 10,000 a day and will be checked in last week of march see how I am doing...Super important, along with Calcium...

Gary

March 10th, 2011, 6:35 pm #5

is my downfall for cardio.

No deep knee bends, forget about it.
No Jump Jacks.
No Jump Rope.
No squats.
No running.

I pounded the standing bag last night with foot maneuver kicks and strikes and I can at least get through that without the pain that I used to have.

I use two twenty pound dumbbells an d two 10 pound dumbbells,

bench press with 20 pounders @ 70 reps, my legs up and crossed,
flys with 10 pounders @80 reps, my legs up and crossed
(makes me tighten my abs through the entire exercise and keeps my back flat.

seated curls with 20 pounders @ 25 reps twice

In between each set I do leg lifts off of my bench where my feet go lower than my butt.

When I walk i walk for at least 75 minutes. Then I ice down my knee.

Thanks Chuck
Clark
you are still kicking and fighting and I commend you for pushing forward despite the adversity of the knees.

I hurt my knees by running hard over a period of a couple months a couple years ago in crappy 9 dollar walmart velcro shoes and too much fat : )

I am pretty overweight still so I still don't run, too much weight to run on these knees but I can do other things like eliptical and jumping jacks and jump rope. I'm losing fat but I'm still pretty heavy probably with the muscle building. my big obstacle now is diet, which seems to be the hardest part dang it.

hmmm.. some whole body cardio without engaging knees.

if you can't access a rowing machine, you could get one of those resistance bands, get into a seated position with both legs extended out in front, loop the band over the bottom of both feet, hands on either end respectively, elbows slightly flexed, then lean forward, pull back to erect position and row, then let arms go forward, but not fully extended, then lay back onto the ground, then crunch your way back up and lean forward, back to erect posture and row, i.e. double back elbows : ) and then keep going

I googled a bunch and the answers I found were
swimming
rowing
eliptical
walking
biking

plus some stuff on this site:

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/cardio-e ... knees.html

anyway, keep it up!

March 10th, 2011, 8:01 pm #6

We all have to sit on a chair and go to the toilet...If you used a chair that is about same height as knees bent around parallel (not more) would that bother you???

If not do those in sets of 10 during the day, might help the thighs and those muscles are big, and help maintain weight...

Have you had a hormone panel done of late? Including T total and free, D also, (it is a hormone)...Very important at the age you are reaching now...

I take D3 now 10,000 a day and will be checked in last week of march see how I am doing...Super important, along with Calcium...

Gary
in other words, I'm on my own.
Thanks anyways Gary.
Clark

March 10th, 2011, 8:02 pm #7

you are still kicking and fighting and I commend you for pushing forward despite the adversity of the knees.

I hurt my knees by running hard over a period of a couple months a couple years ago in crappy 9 dollar walmart velcro shoes and too much fat : )

I am pretty overweight still so I still don't run, too much weight to run on these knees but I can do other things like eliptical and jumping jacks and jump rope. I'm losing fat but I'm still pretty heavy probably with the muscle building. my big obstacle now is diet, which seems to be the hardest part dang it.

hmmm.. some whole body cardio without engaging knees.

if you can't access a rowing machine, you could get one of those resistance bands, get into a seated position with both legs extended out in front, loop the band over the bottom of both feet, hands on either end respectively, elbows slightly flexed, then lean forward, pull back to erect position and row, then let arms go forward, but not fully extended, then lay back onto the ground, then crunch your way back up and lean forward, back to erect posture and row, i.e. double back elbows : ) and then keep going

I googled a bunch and the answers I found were
swimming
rowing
eliptical
walking
biking

plus some stuff on this site:

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/cardio-e ... knees.html

anyway, keep it up!
thank you.

Clark

March 10th, 2011, 11:00 pm #8

in other words, I'm on my own.
Thanks anyways Gary.
Clark
You are doing what you can right now, the walking, the exercise that you mention to Chuck is good...Just hang in there and keep up, spirit of a warrior...

Regards,
Gary

March 12th, 2011, 4:18 pm #9

I must have read the scale wrong last week. Today I am 252 pounds. I think I read 266 when I actually saw 256. I am three pounds UNDER my goal weight.

Hmmm, it seems that I need to start working the cardio now.

As Mr. White is fond of stating, "To be a champion, you need to train like champion."

Am I in the executive division yet? LOL

Clark
WE ARE BORG...............................THINNER THAN BEFORE AND READY TO ROAR
very nice, congrats man.

long duration, short rest is the best. Design yourself a cardio circut. I designed mine from format I found in Bj Penn's book. the book also has hollyfields circut he used to do. Pretty cool stuff.

March 12th, 2011, 6:17 pm #10

Thanks Albert, I'll look in to that. (n/t)