This has probably been mentioned....

This has probably been mentioned....

October 19th, 2007, 11:33 pm #1

...but I haven't read all the other responses. In your scenario, you're talking about two different attacks. Generally speaking, Parting Wings is a defense against a two-hand push in which the attacker's movement and momentum are emanating from a straight-forward push against your chest (ideally far outside your midline). The purpose of your initial move (parting your opponent's pushing arms) is merely to deflect his motion, which continues forward, setting him up for the handsword to his floating rib. If the opponent were to move his hands at AND TOWARD the midline, this isn't a straight-forward push and calls for a different response, but ideally not Parting Wings.

Salute

October 20th, 2007, 6:12 am #2

What makes you think anyone is interested in your starting an entirely new thread with your response to the Parting Wings question? Why didn't you just put it at the end of everyone else's? Yes, we can all predict what's come - you accidently hit "post message" instead of "respond to message" - or some such lame excuse. Well, if nothing else, get you eyes checked or your brain or something! Dork!

With respect,
tom bleecker

October 20th, 2007, 6:28 am #3

In all this chaos,

We got Tom talkin to himself....LOL!

TOM! TOM! (SNAP, SNAP!) COME BACK!

HAHAHAHA

Now THAT was funny, Tom.

Back to the mats,

Angela

October 20th, 2007, 4:26 pm #4

What makes you think anyone is interested in your starting an entirely new thread with your response to the Parting Wings question? Why didn't you just put it at the end of everyone else's? Yes, we can all predict what's come - you accidently hit "post message" instead of "respond to message" - or some such lame excuse. Well, if nothing else, get you eyes checked or your brain or something! Dork!

With respect,
tom bleecker
I think that's just some of that internal dialog that writers get. Trick is to know when they're actually talking to you.

CT

but that's just my opinion I could be wrong.
Dennis Miller

October 20th, 2007, 5:08 pm #5

I'm telling my therapist what you said. All this money down the drain because he convinced me I was hearing voices! What was that you just said?