The passing of a Kenpo elder

The passing of a Kenpo elder

November 9th, 2008, 5:39 pm #1

It is with great sadness that I share with you the passing of Joe Hyams, who gave over the course of more than five decades an immeasurable contribution to the martial arts community and to Kenpo in general. I extend my heartfelt condolences to Joe's family, and in particular his wife Lisa who was the true love his life.

With deepest sorrow and respect,
tom bleecker

November 9th, 2008, 5:58 pm #2

Wow, that is truly sad. The martial arts community has definately lost someone special.

His family will be in my prayers.

November 9th, 2008, 7:38 pm #3

It is with great sadness that I share with you the passing of Joe Hyams, who gave over the course of more than five decades an immeasurable contribution to the martial arts community and to Kenpo in general. I extend my heartfelt condolences to Joe's family, and in particular his wife Lisa who was the true love his life.

tom bleecker
I enjoyed reading his work.
I hope that when its my time to go, I will have left something of value for those other then my immediate family and friends.

November 9th, 2008, 8:23 pm #4

This is a great loss, my prayers go out to his family and friends,
Scott Southwell, Canada

November 9th, 2008, 11:57 pm #5

tom bleecker
my condolences to his family and friends.
Jason Arnold
Canada via Sweden

November 10th, 2008, 1:55 am #6

tom bleecker
My prayers are with his family.

November 10th, 2008, 3:43 am #7

tom bleecker
I am very sorry for your loss and the great loss of the kenpo community. I know that you and Mr.Hyams were very close and i recall how many times that you spoke very highly of him. Please pay our respects to the family and if we can be of service in any way do not hisitate to contact me via e-mail or the studio, Deepest Respct

November 10th, 2008, 4:53 am #8

tom bleecker
I purchased and I am reading his book "The Zen of Martial Arts". Great book. My prayers are with his family.

November 10th, 2008, 3:28 pm #9

tom bleecker
His contributions to the martial arts are no doubt endless.

My prayers go out to his family members.

Jamie Seabrook
www.jamieseabrook.com

November 10th, 2008, 4:24 pm #10

tom bleecker
Mr. Bleecker,

First of all, let me extend my thoughts and prayers to you as his friend. I know how close you were to him and it is difficult to watch a good friend slip away. I want to thank you for keeping me informed of his health throughout this process as well.

We in the CKF will deeply miss Mr. Hyams as he was a great soldier within the martial arts and the writing world. Many of us knew him personally and we were all saddened to hear of this loss. Our condolences go out to Lisa. May his memories bring you peace.

Michael Miller
CKF Public Relations Administrator