Some clips on Lock Flows

Some clips on Lock Flows

July 19th, 2008, 4:05 am #1

Here are four clips on some lock flows and how you can use them in your Kenpo training. The first one is an overview of lock flows and the relevant positions and different ideas to think about as you work on them. The last three each teach a different lock flow acording to joint groupings starting with fingers to wrist, then wrist to elbow and ending with wrist to elbow to shoulder. Hope you enjoy.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

July 19th, 2008, 7:39 am #2

Hey Troy

Nice Videoclips , Keep up the good work.

Best Kenpo Regards
Kimpo
Denmark

July 19th, 2008, 3:52 pm #3

Troy, that is nice to see and thanks for sharing, maybe many who don't know these tricks because I don't believe you will see much of this in AK or EPAK for that matter eyes will open some and realize there is more to MA "empty hand" than hitting, kicking your opponent. To take some one out while shaking the hand is pretty awesome for sure.

Not as grimasing on tv either. No not the participant, but the spectator. If you get my drift.

Gary

July 19th, 2008, 4:31 pm #4

How about "gift of destruction"? Oh yeah, you are not at all familiar w/
"epak" are ya? I think you really aren't as smart as you think. I don't know where you get your information, I have seen similar- maybe not quite as thoroughly presented-information on flows and locks through a variety of kenpo instructors.
Btw really nice vids Troy.

July 19th, 2008, 5:02 pm #5

Jeff my main form of defense is kenpo hmm "fist way" and all that nonsence comes to mind (think JuJutsu read about it) I know there are some locks and similar in the epak arts everyone knows that who watchs or reads.

Link for you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jujutsu

I have been in the arts for 50 years now give or take a few days but who is counting? So who sorry now comes to mind...
Your personal attack will be noted. I would think being from the land your forefathers are/were you would be kinder and gentler, for some it just does not work that way. Oh well...

Gary

July 19th, 2008, 5:36 pm #6

I would expect you to be more competent.
I stated the obvious for many on this board.

July 19th, 2008, 6:22 pm #7

Well as you get older you lose some of the sharpness and typing is not my best thing going, never has been I have explained that many times. 66 years old and still working out and practising..Now I also do typing something most men never touched in days of old so you will have to forgive this old warrior...Or not...

I talk in riddles and have a unique style of sarcasm at times. You are just ignorant but not a problem.

As far as EPAK goes and Kenpo in general it is just different tune same chords not many of them if you get my drift...TCB is the big thing and buyer beware, is what I represent for the younger set.

Happens when you get older, you learn and then if you are someone who cares you try to educate...You are needing some of that for sure, stay in your own box and the world will go by...Good luck. I would rather go to the same church and pat each other on the back and say how good we are but that is just very dumb... Need to do what I am doing at certain locations, I have chosen...

Gary

July 20th, 2008, 3:36 am #8

I would expect you to be more competent.
I stated the obvious for many on this board.
You'd think so, but you'd be wrong. He's as incompetant in the martial arts as he was in his first year.

July 20th, 2008, 3:33 pm #9

You are not talking about me I hope, I always enjoy meeting those who are in doubt of my experience we could have some discussion, and talk about it. If you truly believe that.

I have offered that to others also. Not to fight to show each other the various things we are aware of, is nice, brotherhood of the arts we could call it. Show and tell comes to mind...Sort of like in elementary school.

Some have mentioned they have thought about wanting to hurt me, but that is not what Self Defense is all about.

The attacker is usually in the wrong, similar to your remarks. Why most of what is taught in EPAK is defending, then attacking... But I feel you are not into that part of the study. Bully comes to mind. Are you frick and frack from Vegas?

Regards,
Gary

Last edited by BGile on July 20th, 2008, 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 20th, 2008, 7:10 pm #10

Here are four clips on some lock flows and how you can use them in your Kenpo training. The first one is an overview of lock flows and the relevant positions and different ideas to think about as you work on them. The last three each teach a different lock flow acording to joint groupings starting with fingers to wrist, then wrist to elbow and ending with wrist to elbow to shoulder. Hope you enjoy.

Troy,
Nice videos. I like to see that you guys are still thinking outside the box, but maintaining your base art. I look forward to the next time we can hit the mat and share some mojo... Tell Craig he needs to give me a call when you see him.

"When **** hits the fan it is just targets & weapons"

Take care bro

Dean.
Last edited by usks1 on July 20th, 2008, 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.