OOOPS, I meant this sparring clip

OOOPS, I meant this sparring clip

September 19th, 2007, 5:31 pm #1

September 19th, 2007, 5:42 pm #2

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value=" name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5AvCcLwaJQ

James Hawkins III, SI
Hawkins Kenpo Ju Jitsu
Baltimore, MD
http://www.arnis.org/certification/regi ... awkins.htm
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=kenpojujitsu3
http://www.myspace.com/kenpojames
410-948-1440

September 19th, 2007, 8:11 pm #3

Mr. Seabrook,
The fights are good however; the music lyrics are in real poor taste.

September 19th, 2007, 8:40 pm #4

Uhhh,

I'm sure Jamie wasn't in the editing booth when this vid clip was produced. You'd have to take the matter of offensive lyrics up with Mr. Otto and company and with the group that sang them. Which shouldn't be that big of a shock to anyone in this day and age of rap "music".

I can assure you Jamie Seabrook would never cater to that kind of music or verbage.

For what it's worth, maybe a heads up of some sort to the weak of heart if vids are posted that some of the content maybe offensive to some but weren't produced by the poster.

Back to the mats,

Angela

September 19th, 2007, 9:00 pm #5

Maybe Mr. Seabrook should have given the vid just a little more consideration for those who have been on the front lines of obtaining respect to level the playing field, especially those rap artists that produced it. Ms. McNamee, weak of heart, by no means, pride of people, by all means.

September 19th, 2007, 9:05 pm #6

Just letting you know it was unfair to Jamie to be 'blamed' for the lyrics in rap music as if it were his idea to have it used.

As I said, perhaps a heads up maybe that the lyrics could come off offensive but I'm sure it never occured to him that it would; he was probably too busy looking at the Kenpo/sparring.

We're all proud people here, Mr. Harvey. I'm sure you're fully aware of that.

Back to the mats,

Angela

September 19th, 2007, 10:05 pm #7

>Just letting you know it was unfair to Jamie to be 'blamed' for the lyrics in rap music as if it were his idea to have it used.<

Isaiah Washington and Jerry Lewis, all they had to do was take 2 minutes and think.

>As I said, perhaps a heads up maybe that the lyrics could come off offensive but I'm sure it never occured to him that it would; he was probably too busy looking at the Kenpo/sparring.<

I was also looking at the Kenpo/sparring, kind lady and than I heard what I have been called in my face so many times in the past and, at tournaments, when the BKF first formed. Need I go into what Steve Sanders, Donnie Williams, Jerry Smith, Cliff Stewart, Curtis Pulliam and Ron Chapel had to tolerate before there was the unity of the BKF?

>We're all proud people here, Mr. Harvey. I'm sure you're fully aware of that.<

Yes, I am fully aware of that fact Prof. McNamee and I agree with you. I am also grateful that we are able to exchanged these constructive posts.

With respect,
Al Harvey

September 19th, 2007, 11:33 pm #8

Lewis and Washington, huh?

Jamie Seabrook is no Lewis, Washington or Gibson for that matter. Like I said he'd be the first person upset that someone thought he was a racist. Have you not read any of the man's posts on this or any other forum? Clearly not or your conclusions wouldn't have come close to being jumped to in this direction.

Sir I was raised in the South and I TOO am Black. I also spent 6yrs in Texas. It took me moving to sunny Southern California however to be called ****** for the first time, so I can assure you I know racism like I said as first hand as you do.

However you notice I am coming to the defense of a white man who doesn't deserve his teeth kicked in in this manner.

So the times they ARE a changin' kind sir.

All you have to do is want to see that.

Back to the mats and I also appreciate the exchange,

Angela

September 20th, 2007, 4:01 am #9

Looking so hard for something I can use on the mat that I don't even hear the music? There was music?

Angela's black? Why didn't you tell me when I was there?

CT

but that's just my opinion I could be wrong.
Dennis Miller

September 20th, 2007, 4:14 am #10

I was busy watchin that kid work the hell outta those guys....

LOL. He seriously put the B in back knuckle...yikes.

As for the Black thing like I was gonna give away ALL my secrets? I figured you were too busy waiting for me to kick you in the groin to notice I was Black....LOL.

Looks like I was right

Back to the Source Awards,

Angela