"On the Mat" - Long Form 1

"On the Mat" - Long Form 1

October 17th, 2008, 9:58 am #1

We just released a new clip in the "On the Mat" Series covering Long Form 1 from the Kenpo System. I hope you enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EAH19R6s8k

Respectfully,
Joshua Ryer

October 17th, 2008, 5:33 pm #2

Josh, I remember when you first came around in the days when I was still under the Parker/Planas lineage and you were just beginning to come to the East Coast camps both with Scott Johnson and Mike Cappi.
Gary Ronemus was an old friend for years as well as he was always around in the days when Mr.Parker would come to visit us with Master Conde at the Park City - Lanacaster tournaments/seminars in the early 1980's.
I just want to say to you, you sir have come along way and I'm sure Mr.Planas is very proud of your skill advancement as well as the communication skills I see you have so greatly improved on......this is a great sign of a awesome teacher. Thank you for being a part of the next generation who will be a awesome carrier of the Kenpo Torch!!!!!

TCB....Sean Kelley

October 18th, 2008, 11:58 am #3

We just released a new clip in the "On the Mat" Series covering Long Form 1 from the Kenpo System. I hope you enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EAH19R6s8k

Respectfully,
Joshua Ryer
Hi Josh. It´s nice to see you again. Very good form explication.
Just a point. I saw with Huk and Ingmar to do a cat stance (just transition with the first double factor block) at the first downward block in the form like an introduction to short 2. You know, if you go forward to your oponent changing your direction, the "rule" is to do it (one of the themes of short 2). Don´t you do it?

Best regards and i´m waiting for the next video.

Carlos Jódar
UKKS - Parker/Planas Lineage Spain

October 18th, 2008, 6:41 pm #4

When your stepping into the unknown (a position that is blocked by own body or some other obstruction) you reference (downward block on short one) so you don't blindly step into the other direction. With long 2 you have a clear line of sight so you step right into the block. This may or may not be what you are referring to or not...

www.ikenpo.com

October 18th, 2008, 10:06 pm #5

Hi Josh. It´s nice to see you again. Very good form explication.
Just a point. I saw with Huk and Ingmar to do a cat stance (just transition with the first double factor block) at the first downward block in the form like an introduction to short 2. You know, if you go forward to your oponent changing your direction, the "rule" is to do it (one of the themes of short 2). Don´t you do it?

Best regards and i´m waiting for the next video.

Carlos Jódar
UKKS - Parker/Planas Lineage Spain
Carlos,

I guess I need to emphasize it more within my form. Hope all is well.

Respectfully,
Josh
Last edited by JoshRyer on October 18th, 2008, 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

October 19th, 2008, 9:25 pm #6

Josh, I remember when you first came around in the days when I was still under the Parker/Planas lineage and you were just beginning to come to the East Coast camps both with Scott Johnson and Mike Cappi.
Gary Ronemus was an old friend for years as well as he was always around in the days when Mr.Parker would come to visit us with Master Conde at the Park City - Lanacaster tournaments/seminars in the early 1980's.
I just want to say to you, you sir have come along way and I'm sure Mr.Planas is very proud of your skill advancement as well as the communication skills I see you have so greatly improved on......this is a great sign of a awesome teacher. Thank you for being a part of the next generation who will be a awesome carrier of the Kenpo Torch!!!!!

TCB....Sean Kelley

Last edited by VintageKenpo on October 20th, 2008, 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

October 20th, 2008, 2:45 pm #7

Josh has certainly made a awesome advancement over the years as he was once under Gary Ronemus. I was stating my days of seeing Gary Ronemus at the Lancaster events when Ed Parker was in town and he came to visit us at Park City in Lancaster.
Josh also was under Greg Silva of Coral Springs and I recall the time frame but more imortantly it was a compliment to him for staying on a path of becoming very schooled in his skills and his loyalty to Huk is being noticed by his performance as he has demonstrated in this video.
Sorry if you felt a need for a complete break down of why I said what I said but I'm sure Josh understands it,if not I'm sure he will contact me for further reasons!!!

TCB....Sean Kelley

October 20th, 2008, 2:54 pm #8

Carlos,

I guess I need to emphasize it more within my form. Hope all is well.

Respectfully,
Josh
The Prgression from Short 1 and up to Long Form 2. Theme of Form 2 is the Cat Stance as the normal stance. Of course your doing transitions but in the video you can not always be perfect as even Mr.Planas had to make corrections when those original tapes wered done as he was not able to review them before they were brought out on to the market for sale. You show the different ways to make use of it.
The information you gave Josh was well delivered and I enjoyed the information you shared....thank you for doing a great job!

TCB....Sean Kelley

October 20th, 2008, 2:56 pm #9

I just read over your sentence and you mention the name Terry.....

TCB....Sean Kelley

October 22nd, 2008, 12:13 pm #10

The Prgression from Short 1 and up to Long Form 2. Theme of Form 2 is the Cat Stance as the normal stance. Of course your doing transitions but in the video you can not always be perfect as even Mr.Planas had to make corrections when those original tapes wered done as he was not able to review them before they were brought out on to the market for sale. You show the different ways to make use of it.
The information you gave Josh was well delivered and I enjoyed the information you shared....thank you for doing a great job!

TCB....Sean Kelley
Sean, the sooner you quit posting this nonsense, the sooner your students will actually get some real training. I can't believe someone put a 7th degree on you with this line of thinking, it's disgraceful.

I happen to know much of the combat applications of the first forms, because my instructor made it a point to teach me.

Clyde

[Posted by 66.215.244.139 via http://webwarper.net This is added while posting a message to avoid misuse.
Try: http://webwarper.net/webwarper.exe Example of viewing: http://webwarper.net/ww/www.network54.c ... 60433/post ]