New video on youtube!

New video on youtube!

September 27th, 2007, 12:56 am #1

Hi folks!
I just placed a new video on youtube about a couple of techniques and the concepts of "opposite & reverse" as well as "When linear moves end circular moves begin"! Please take a look at it and tell me what you think!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjuN8Di-Pug

BEGOOD,
KENPOJOE

September 27th, 2007, 1:25 am #2

folks flowing off the end of a technique much. Where does the extension for triggered go that this flow would better address? To clarify, I haven't seen the extension. I' just wondering what Mr.Parker planned as opposed to flowing into gripping talon.

Thanks!

CT

but that's just my opinion I could be wrong.
Dennis Miller
Last edited by chtavis on September 27th, 2007, 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

September 27th, 2007, 8:01 am #3

Hi folks!
I just placed a new video on youtube about a couple of techniques and the concepts of "opposite & reverse" as well as "When linear moves end circular moves begin"! Please take a look at it and tell me what you think!

BEGOOD,
KENPOJOE
Hey Kenpojoe

Nice video but god dam you talk fast

All the Best
Kimpo
www.Kenpo.dk

September 27th, 2007, 1:32 pm #4

Hi folks!

BEGOOD,
KENPOJOE
Cool video ... enjoyed the special guest apperance too!

September 27th, 2007, 2:01 pm #5

Hi folks!

BEGOOD,
KENPOJOE
I must say, the video was crisp, very well put together. Nice flow from one technique into another. However, I know this is going to sound petty, and you need not explain yourself to me, but when did you test for Hachidan (8th Black) in Parker Kenpo? I understand you hold multiple ranks per your webpage

Mr. Rebelo Presently holds the following ranks / titles in the martial arts:

8th Degree BLACK BELT (HACHIDAN) in Nindo Ryu Kobujutsu (Title of "Kyoshi")
5th Degree BLACK BELT (GODAN) in Karazenpo Goshinjutsu (MA. Co-Vice Pres)
5th Degree BLACK BELT (GODAN) in Chuan Fa/Kempo (Kajukenpo-Pai Lum)[Sigung]
5th Degree BLACK BELT (Associate Professor) in Ed Parker's American Kenpo Karate
5th Degree BLACK BELT in David German's T.A.I.(Transitional Action Incorporated)
5th Degree BLACK BELT (GODAN) in Nindo Ryu Atemido
4th Degree BLACK BELT (YODAN) in Nindo Ryu Goshin Jujutsu
4th Degree BLACK BELT (YODAN) in Nindo Ryu Gendai Ninjutsu [Taijutsu]
4th Degree BLACK BELT (YODAN) in Nindo Ryu Iaijutsu
1st Degree BLACK BELT (YEEDAN) in Tai Chuan Tao
1st Degree BLACK BELT in Tae Kwon Do
1st Degree BLACK BELT (SHODAN) in George Elmer's American Chinese Kenpo Karate [Technical Advisor]
1st Degree BLACK BELT (SHODAN) in Mark Shuey's Canemasters Curriculum
1st Degree/Level BLACK BELT/SASH (Hei-Se) in Shao Choy Hung Kung Fu [Chin Na-5 Animal Style-Chuan Fa]
SIFU (INSTRUCTOR) in Northern Shaolin Praying Mantis [LIU HO {SIX HARMONY}, CHI SHING {SEVEN STAR} & BA FA OR BA BU {EIGHT STEP} KUNG FU/KUO SHU/WU SHU
SIFU in Tai Chi Chuan (Wu's Short 24, Yang's Long 108, and Chen's Short 24 Forms
INSTRUCTOR in American-Filipino Arnis-Escrima-Kali Training System
World Combat Arts Federation Massachusetts Representative
Honorary BLACK SASH Level in Raven Kenpo Jujutsu [Technical Advisor]

I don't see 8th Black listed for ANY Kenpo/Kempo system. What's up?

P.S.- Nice touch having Ed there in the vid. Give him my regards the next time you talk to him.

September 27th, 2007, 2:10 pm #6

folks flowing off the end of a technique much. Where does the extension for triggered go that this flow would better address? To clarify, I haven't seen the extension. I' just wondering what Mr.Parker planned as opposed to flowing into gripping talon.

Thanks!

CT

Dennis Miller
There are basically four different ways to work anm arm, I.e On top, underneath, on the inside and on the outside. Then we add in the factor of are we using our lead or rear hand/arm. Triggered Salute works the in/out elbow on the inside of the opponent's right with your right arm (lead arm), Gripping Talon works the outside of the opponent's left with your right arm (lead arm). If you look further, what other inward outward combos do we have that fit into this category? Flashing Wings works the outside of the opponent's right arm with our right arm, but now we are using our rear hand. See where I am going with this? Hope that helped a bit.

September 27th, 2007, 3:22 pm #7

I must say, the video was crisp, very well put together. Nice flow from one technique into another. However, I know this is going to sound petty, and you need not explain yourself to me, but when did you test for Hachidan (8th Black) in Parker Kenpo? I understand you hold multiple ranks per your webpage

Mr. Rebelo Presently holds the following ranks / titles in the martial arts:

8th Degree BLACK BELT (HACHIDAN) in Nindo Ryu Kobujutsu (Title of "Kyoshi")
5th Degree BLACK BELT (GODAN) in Karazenpo Goshinjutsu (MA. Co-Vice Pres)
5th Degree BLACK BELT (GODAN) in Chuan Fa/Kempo (Kajukenpo-Pai Lum)[Sigung]
5th Degree BLACK BELT (Associate Professor) in Ed Parker's American Kenpo Karate
5th Degree BLACK BELT in David German's T.A.I.(Transitional Action Incorporated)
5th Degree BLACK BELT (GODAN) in Nindo Ryu Atemido
4th Degree BLACK BELT (YODAN) in Nindo Ryu Goshin Jujutsu
4th Degree BLACK BELT (YODAN) in Nindo Ryu Gendai Ninjutsu [Taijutsu]
4th Degree BLACK BELT (YODAN) in Nindo Ryu Iaijutsu
1st Degree BLACK BELT (YEEDAN) in Tai Chuan Tao
1st Degree BLACK BELT in Tae Kwon Do
1st Degree BLACK BELT (SHODAN) in George Elmer's American Chinese Kenpo Karate [Technical Advisor]
1st Degree BLACK BELT (SHODAN) in Mark Shuey's Canemasters Curriculum
1st Degree/Level BLACK BELT/SASH (Hei-Se) in Shao Choy Hung Kung Fu [Chin Na-5 Animal Style-Chuan Fa]
SIFU (INSTRUCTOR) in Northern Shaolin Praying Mantis [LIU HO {SIX HARMONY}, CHI SHING {SEVEN STAR} & BA FA OR BA BU {EIGHT STEP} KUNG FU/KUO SHU/WU SHU
SIFU in Tai Chi Chuan (Wu's Short 24, Yang's Long 108, and Chen's Short 24 Forms
INSTRUCTOR in American-Filipino Arnis-Escrima-Kali Training System
World Combat Arts Federation Massachusetts Representative
Honorary BLACK SASH Level in Raven Kenpo Jujutsu [Technical Advisor]

I don't see 8th Black listed for ANY Kenpo/Kempo system. What's up?

P.S.- Nice touch having Ed there in the vid. Give him my regards the next time you talk to him.
Source Kenpojoe.com under the news section.

This is news item #1

January 2, 2007- New Bedford, MA:

In accordance with the wishes of Grand Master David German, founder of the T.A.I. (Transition Action Incorporated) martial arts system {Tai Karate, Tai Kung Fu, Tai Kenpo}, Mr. Rebelo has offically been promoted to the rank of Eigth Degree Black Belt in the art of Tai Kenpo. Originally, GM German wanted to promote Mr. Rebelo in 2004, however, He [Rebelo] did not feel at that time he was worthy of the honor, Mr German relented at that time and promoted him to 5th Degree Black Belt. Mr. German produced a second certificate and stated his wishes for Mr. Rebelo to honor his wishes in the future and stated "When the time comes you'll know what to do.". After Mr. German's untimely death last year, Mr. Rebelo sought out those TAI seniors for their opinion and they concured that GM German's wishes should be honored and the TAI system and Kenpo be perpectuated. It is in that spirit that Mr. Rebelo now accepts the rank his instructor gave to him. It is Mr. Rebelo's plan to promote the TAI system as a compliment to kenpoists who wish to enhance their training.

Salute,

Martin Seck

I stand corrected. However I feel that if you are going to represent Parker Kenpo, wear the proper rank. His Hachidan (8th Black) is in Tai Kenpo. Mr. Rebelo's video shows him demonstrating Parker Kenpo techniques. He is wearing a gi with Parker Kenpo Patches. Suffice it to say I think he was representing the Parker Kenpo System.

My question now is would that rank be worn in the presence of Mr. Planas, Tatum, Trejo, Pick, Hebler, Wedlake, Chapel and others? Heck when Mr. Rebelo taught at Mr. Tatums Camp in Maryland he was listed as a 5th Black. Hmmmmmm Why is that? Because he IS only a 5th Black in Parker Kenpo.

Sorry for the negativity here, but this is a pet peeve of mine. Too many times I have seen people claim rank higher than what they actually are and then try to justify it by saying "Well I hold this rank in such and such system, so because it is the highest rank I hold I wear that belt" That's BS! When representing a particular art wear the proper rank you have been awarded, not one from another system or style. It is misleading and a lie.

I take nothing away from Mr. Rebelo's efforts and insight he has tried to provide here. However, if he was conducting a Tai Kenpo Seminar then he should have changed belts before filming as to not misrepresent himself and the Art. Like his tag line states "The truth,no matter who it hurts, is still the truth!"

September 27th, 2007, 3:56 pm #8

who don't even wear stripes when they teach. Mostly because everyone knows them. Sure saves a lot of arguments. Less arguing, learn more.

CT

Dennis Miller
Last edited by chtavis on September 27th, 2007, 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 27th, 2007, 4:03 pm #9

There are basically four different ways to work anm arm, I.e On top, underneath, on the inside and on the outside. Then we add in the factor of are we using our lead or rear hand/arm. Triggered Salute works the in/out elbow on the inside of the opponent's right with your right arm (lead arm), Gripping Talon works the outside of the opponent's left with your right arm (lead arm). If you look further, what other inward outward combos do we have that fit into this category? Flashing Wings works the outside of the opponent's right arm with our right arm, but now we are using our rear hand. See where I am going with this? Hope that helped a bit.
I can see a lesson in cat com there. Mostly I see a catalyst for the technique I hadn't considered which is good. One more aspect of position recognition for me. I was just wondering where Mr. Parker took it. The extension apparently doesn't finish with the uppercut so it's a different animal all together. My question will remain moot until I start with those extensions. I got plenty to do in the mean time.

Thanks!
CT

Dennis Miller
Last edited by chtavis on September 27th, 2007, 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 27th, 2007, 4:20 pm #10

who don't even wear stripes when they teach. Mostly because everyone knows them. Sure saves a lot of arguments. Less arguing, learn more.

CT

Dennis Miller
Craig,
You are correct, many out there don't wear stripes. If you want to and you've earned them then that's fine, but if you are misrepresenting yourself and the Art, well, to me, it's the same as lying. I've known KenpoJoe for a long time. I would like to think that if he is as true to Mr. Parker as he states, then his donning an 8th Degree while wearing insignia that aligned himself with the Parker Kenpo System, was either due to 1.) Teaching a Tai Kenpo seminar prior to filming, or 2.)an oversight due to time constraints that didn't allow him time before filming to change belts.

You may not see this as a big deal but if it was done intentionally it is a slap in the face of every person who persues the Parker Kenpo System and sweats for every degree of black belt they test for. But that is a post for another time.