Kick Set

Kick Set

March 29th, 2009, 12:29 am #1

Here is a good kick set if people want to add it to there training routine........

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></object>

"Train Strong to Remain Strong"
"Speed,Power & Accuracy"

March 29th, 2009, 2:11 am #2

is the link or text? Where's the beef?

March 29th, 2009, 2:21 am #3

Here is a good kick set if people want to add it to there training routine........

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></object>

"Speed,Power & Accuracy"

Which message board were you thinking of when you embedded this?

If the Kenpo training models called for knocking a rider off a horse, then maybe I would find this worth working on.

Wear and tear on the hips knees and lower spine would keep me from the heights in this video. Heck, I wouldn't throw an axe kick if you paid me (you is generic, don't take offense).

It's a young persons game to throw that stuff at that level, I prefer to destroy the base with practiced technique than expose myself to ineffective technique that could be harmful to practice.

"Kicking the head is a effective as punching the foot."

Clark

March 29th, 2009, 2:33 am #4

Can be very effective for some people.
Of course Jeff Newton is a special case, very few people have his ability.
http://www.sherdog.com/pictures/gallery ... 63/3064/12

Vishal

March 29th, 2009, 11:18 am #5

If the Kenpo training models called for knocking a rider off a horse, then maybe I would find this worth working on.

Wear and tear on the hips knees and lower spine would keep me from the heights in this video. Heck, I wouldn't throw an axe kick if you paid me (you is generic, don't take offense).

It's a young persons game to throw that stuff at that level, I prefer to destroy the base with practiced technique than expose myself to ineffective technique that could be harmful to practice.

Clark

I am not in agreement with this quote Clark. Although I do agree, that in general, it is more effective and leaves you less vulnerable to kick low and use your hands high, some people have no problem executing fast high kicks that deliver tremendous KO power. They can be particularly useful when executed when the opponent least expects it. I have actually KOd an opponent in continuous fighting with one.

My former Kung Fu instructor, and long-standing friend, Paul Chau is ~ 60 years of age, watch him kick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Rk9JzV7XM4

Jamie Seabrook
www.jamieseabrook.com

March 29th, 2009, 1:13 pm #6

Clark
If you can kick high with decent power you can kick low with even greater power ... nothing wrong with practice in a full range of motion.

Tell Bill Wallace kicking to the head isn't effective. Ground to head at 75 MPH.

On the street I wouldnt kick someone in the head unless they were on the ground ... however in competition its pretty darn fun if you can pull it off.

check around 5 seconds in ... yup that's me sometime in the 90's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPWMyjGZECY

Just an extra tool in the tool box in my opinion.

BTW cool video Jamie ... like the Wong Fei Hung music.

March 29th, 2009, 6:39 pm #7

I am not in agreement with this quote Clark. Although I do agree, that in general, it is more effective and leaves you less vulnerable to kick low and use your hands high, some people have no problem executing fast high kicks that deliver tremendous KO power. They can be particularly useful when executed when the opponent least expects it. I have actually KOd an opponent in continuous fighting with one.

My former Kung Fu instructor, and long-standing friend, Paul Chau is ~ 60 years of age, watch him kick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Rk9JzV7XM4

Jamie Seabrook
www.jamieseabrook.com
differences of opinion makes for quality conversation.

As you practice so shall you do, I think we might agree on that. So if your practice includes a perfection of (in practice that is)of a kick to the head, that travels from the ground up the entire length of the opponent/attackers height zone, is a dangerous practice. That much momentum, focus and rotational force has the capability of ending someones life. At the least, depending on the target struck, the person being kicked could be altered for the remainder of their life, and you would be responsible for that.

I prefer to be brutal to the extremities and the center mass. Missing a leg kick will keep me close and my hands/arms can then deal with the miscalculation. Nothing is ideal with an attacker that is moving, so, you need to set up a head kick for it to work. Doesn't that say something about your training/practice? Besides, the head bleeds A LOT when the skin breaks. I prefer to make an attacker bleed internally. What does that say about my training? Move the meat bag and you won't have to kick the head, you'll stomp the head.

Differences of opinion, and training, will make for great conversation.

Clark

March 30th, 2009, 1:22 am #8

"Speed,Power & Accuracy"

All I was saying is, you could add this to your routine. I didn't say to execute high kicks. It's just another kick set that maybe you wanted to add to the other kick sets.

I have a 1st Black in TKD, so kicking high for me is easy. I'm 43 and I have no problem with high kicks, I don't have bad knees or hips, TKD high kicks have Strengthen my knees & hips.

The thing is if you can kick high with speed, you can kick faster with low kicks is what I do in Kenpo.......

The one who said that you would never use a Axe kick that's your choice. I use a Axe kick in every workout, you do need Flexibility to execute the kick with speed & power.

All I was trying to say is that most Kenpo students have a hard time with executing kicks with proper form maybe this kick set would help that's all.......

"Speed,Power & Accuracy"

March 30th, 2009, 2:36 am #9

I just never saw a link or a video.

Take it out on the heavy bag,

Chuck Peterson
peterson_charlie@hotmail.com

March 30th, 2009, 4:15 am #10

Here is the link for anybody who wants to check this out........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0Q1XoF4P68

"Speed,Power & Accuracy"