Hidden Secrets of Kenpo

Hidden Secrets of Kenpo

October 25th, 2010, 9:22 pm #1

The governing vessel and the conception vessel are the yin and yang sides of the circut. Kenpo can better flow from the subconscious mind to the physical body when the two sides of the circut are completed. The conception vessel and the governing vessel must be unified. This is done by resting the toungue against the roof of the mouth. Another way of saying this is that it unifies intent with action. Of course nothing comes without preparitory hard work and conditioning the response. And of course you always want to be moving from your Hara as our Aikido brothers well know. Please review the following for the betterment of your performance..

http://www.lieske.com/channels/5e-gc.htm

October 25th, 2010, 9:41 pm #2

The mention in the book "Miyamoto Musashi his life and writings" there is a story of the Kenpo Brothers...

It is a worthy read, and all in Kenpo should take some time, and find out about them, and Mushashi's encounter...

What happened to the last living brother is interesting, he became, a monk...

Gary

October 27th, 2010, 6:08 pm #3

Not a secret but it is the good old universal mention by MMA trainer Martin Rooney for strength and speed...I would add in, striking body bags and speed bag for quick hands...

"Squats, deadlifts, bench presses, power cleans; the basics, combined with some sprinting and some stretching. It may not be glamorous, but it makes you stronger and faster."

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_art ... r_training

Gary

October 27th, 2010, 6:12 pm #4

The governing vessel and the conception vessel are the yin and yang sides of the circut. Kenpo can better flow from the subconscious mind to the physical body when the two sides of the circut are completed. The conception vessel and the governing vessel must be unified. This is done by resting the toungue against the roof of the mouth. Another way of saying this is that it unifies intent with action. Of course nothing comes without preparitory hard work and conditioning the response. And of course you always want to be moving from your Hara as our Aikido brothers well know. Please review the following for the betterment of your performance..

http://www.lieske.com/channels/5e-gc.htm
This might be a secret or not???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUaR2BJ3GOI

Was looking around the net some, for secrets...

Gary

October 28th, 2010, 1:12 am #5

Last edited by kenpo58 on October 28th, 2010, 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

October 28th, 2010, 2:32 am #6

C'mon on Bob really? Do you know what back-up mass is? yours is better than most but your elbow is not aligned with your puch... theoretically that punch is "thrusting" or linear, with that in mind, there are some flaws... however I am just one person with (according to some) very skewed views of what proper application should be. Alignment, and what's with the fencing arm on the other side? Good video quality though...

Good Journey,
Todd Durgan

October 28th, 2010, 5:18 am #7

First of all you don't know your as* from a whole in the ground relative to counterpunching if you say that. Second I saw your video. Third of all I demand right now that you put up the same punch on a heavy bag on video. Now be a man Todd and put up the video on a heavy bag. Show us all how you can teach me to counterpunch.

Thanks for the anticipated video..

Oh and please punch while moving backward as a demo as well... Additionally with a large glove like I have on and moving with correct footwork. I have listened to your crap on the forum and held my toungue. The time has come for you to show what you know...

TY
Last edited by kenpo58 on October 28th, 2010, 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

October 28th, 2010, 5:45 am #8

I have posted video as you have requested in the past, with no reply. Moving or stationary matters not, proper alignment is paramount to the effectiveness of the move. My Crap? what crap? Do tell about all of my spouting of crap?

"First of all you don't know your as* from a whole in the ground relative to counterpunching if you say that."

Your entitled to your opinion as am I Saying that I am full of it matters not, it's hearsay and conjecture, much like what I told you... but you got butt hurt and took it personally.

"Now be a man Todd and put up the video on a heavy bag. Show us all how you can teach me to counterpunch. "

Really? This will make me a man? I have lot's of video on youtube, I am not hiding never have never will... do I have any that show me hitting an inanimate object? nope, sorry in fact for now, I don't have a heavy bag hung because I had to move my school, so just as soon as I get one up I'd be more than happy to. But not wearing some big stupid a** training gloves.

"Oh and please punch while moving backward as a demo as well... Additionally with a large glove like I have on and moving with correct footwork. I have listened to your crap on the forum and held my toungue. The time has come for you to show what you know... "

moving backwards only requires proper timing of the correct placement or execution of footwork but without proper alignment it's all for not... Some effect will occur as a result of power delivered, but not the same as. Already covered the glove issue, they just hide the proper positioning of the hands or timing, as well as offer some wrist support. So, before you jump out of your peyote smoke filled tent to jump my sh*t, make sure you know that I too have been biting my tongue, but luckily neither of us have to base our successes and failures on the response of the other. I will try to simulate something for you to appease you insatiable appetite for being correct.

And like I have been saying ALL this time, I POST FOR ME!!! No puppet or go betweens...

Good Journey,
Todd Durgan

October 28th, 2010, 12:03 pm #9

talk and post the video as specified.
Last edited by kenpo58 on October 28th, 2010, 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

October 28th, 2010, 2:47 pm #10

As one who enjoys the bags I have now been using the stationary one with water in the bottom... It moves away and does come back similar to a person who is solid on their feet...

Lobsang, do you ever use BOB???

http://www.karatesupply.com/Freestandin ... _c_58.html

That is one I like also...Especially for stick training...