Geek help needed

Geek help needed

November 25th, 2007, 1:14 am #1

I'm looking for some oriental style fonts to dress up some of my manuals and such. Anyone have a good source? Anyone know what the font is on the IKKA patch?

Thanks in advance

Take it out on the heavy bag,

Chuck Peterson
peterson_charlie@hotmail.com

November 25th, 2007, 1:20 am #2

Microsoft has fonts available for their office products if you're using word. A good many are free and what you're looking for may be on your ms office cd if you didn't load the entire thing. The default load does not. Other than that there are huge libraries online.I would type fonts into google to start with.

good luck!
CT

but that's just my opinion I could be wrong.
Dennis Miller

November 25th, 2007, 1:25 am #3

I'm looking for some oriental style fonts to dress up some of my manuals and such. Anyone have a good source? Anyone know what the font is on the IKKA patch?

Thanks in advance

Chuck Peterson
I believe rickshaw.ttf can be had as free true type font. If not, it's on those inexpensive "1,000 fonts" CDs.

November 25th, 2007, 3:24 am #4

Thanks so much. Rickshaw is perfect.

Craig - the ttf file works in PowerPoint too, as well as in open office.

Chuck Peterson

November 25th, 2007, 9:44 pm #5

Thanks in advance

Chuck Peterson
Chuck,

Looks like you found what you needed, but if you ever need free fonts, try abstractfonts . com

They have a bunch and they also have them grouped by category. I think they have an "asian" font or "oriental" font page with plenty of the popular ones.

It's a good resource. So is fontfreak . com

Let me know if you need any help with fonts, designs, etc. I still have the powerpoint presentation you emailed me a year or so back. Thanks again for that.

Ron

November 25th, 2007, 11:04 pm #6

For all the help. Lots of good fonts to choose from and I donwloaded quite a few. What's interesting, is that the one font I've been looking for has eluded me. Rickshaw is good and very close but not quite 100%.

If you look at the cover of the original Kenpo manual (see it at the link to Rich Hale's site)

http://www.kenpojournal.com/Memorabilia ... a_Tour.htm

you'll notice the "kenpo" on the manual has a very unusual "o", almost like a "u". Haven't found that exact font anywhere. How did I get to be so picky over the little stuff? Hey, wait, everyone on this forum is picky - whew. Thought I was loosing it for a minute, there.

Chuck Peterson

November 26th, 2007, 5:22 am #7

Chuck,

It's difficult for me to see exactly what that "O" looks like. If you can scan it in and email me, I can make custom text for you and send it back. No problem.

Ron

November 29th, 2007, 2:59 am #8

For all the help. Lots of good fonts to choose from and I donwloaded quite a few. What's interesting, is that the one font I've been looking for has eluded me. Rickshaw is good and very close but not quite 100%.

If you look at the cover of the original Kenpo manual (see it at the link to Rich Hale's site)

you'll notice the "kenpo" on the manual has a very unusual "o", almost like a "u". Haven't found that exact font anywhere. How did I get to be so picky over the little stuff? Hey, wait, everyone on this forum is picky - whew. Thought I was loosing it for a minute, there.

Chuck Peterson
Hi Chuck

I don't know what fonts you got got but the one used by Mr Hale looks suspiciously like one I have called "Karate". I think it's TrueType.

Paul

December 5th, 2007, 4:55 am #9

Chuck Peterson
Check out the following site, but I am pretty sure this is the font you seek.

http://www.dafont.com/wonton.font